What's new

Question - Shotgun Any tips on starting out Shotgun Jacqui?

Oonaugh

You. Are. Disposable.
Hello there,

I am currently learning full-auto and would like to invest some time into shotgun, as i am having issues with using full-auto at the moment.

If you have any info, pros and cons, MUs, or general combos, please be sure to share!
Thanks.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Finish combos with her low shotgun and play by her Sonic Fox mantra...

"If she touches you, you die."

Captain l2ed

White wolf
Get the stanky leg combo down. 4u4 is the input. Shotgun is a lot of fun, good damage. Standing reset, nasty corner game.

Oonaugh

You. Are. Disposable.
Get the stanky leg combo down. 4u4 is the input. Shotgun is a lot of fun, good damage. Standing reset, nasty corner game.
I feel shotguns corner game can use up a lot of meter imo. It takes at least 1 bar every time for a good combo to land.
Im still learning the stanky leg, so its 4u4? Ive been putting in 44u lol.

Oonaugh

You. Are. Disposable.
Finish combos with her low shotgun and play by her Sonic Fox mantra...

"If she touches you, you die."
I need to be at least at jump distance for the low shotguns stun to work. Any way for that to be correctly executed? Because i dont want to be doing 114 into low shotgun all the time

Reactions: GAV

Captain l2ed

White wolf
I feel shotguns corner game can use up a lot of meter imo. It takes at least 1 bar every time for a good combo to land.
Im still learning the stanky leg, so its 4u4? Ive been putting in 44u lol.
It does but she does build it back pretty quick. I thought it's 4u4 but I could be wrong. I'm a lao/raiden main with shotgun as a secondary. My gameplan as shotgun is to get 25-30% consistently and just annoy them into mistakes with 50/50s into restands into 50/50s

Oonaugh

You. Are. Disposable.
It does but she does build it back pretty quick. I thought it's 4u4 but I could be wrong. I'm a lao/raiden main with shotgun as a secondary. My gameplan as shotgun is to get 25-30% consistently and just annoy them into mistakes with 50/50s into restands into 50/50s
Seems pretty good, i'll try her out sometime, thanks.

Learn your spacing what differentiates a bad shotgun from a good one is the spacing also learn her combos she can get close to 60 for a bar If you learn those 2 things ur shotgun will be good

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I need to be at least at jump distance for the low shotguns stun to work. Any way for that to be correctly executed? Because i dont want to be doing 114 into low shotgun all the time
Just search up Sonic Fox's and Yung Monster's Jacquis on YouTube. I'm not that keen on the Jacqui tech, but it doesn't look super hard to do or understand.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Stanky Leg is an important normal, used to get the most damage in her combos and her best mid too. The input is 4U4 but if 44u works for you too then that's fine. Main gameplan is obviously to vortex so midscreen ideally you want to end combos with low shotgun then jip or run in into 12. 12 gives enough hit advantage to guarantee a mixup so then you just mix from there.
Doing 114~low shotgun isn't a bad thing, it's good not having to spend meter to get that kind of setup. But there are plenty of other ways to get it like:

Grounded starter~BF2, DB2
Most midscreen juggles into 12~DB2 or 4~DB2
A correctly spaced B2~DB2 works but it's not easy/consistent
F122+4, dash or run up 12~DB2 or 4~DB2

or you can spend the bar on exDB2 for the restand no matter the distance.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, you can also ask in the Jacqui general discussion where the Jacquis will be!

Oonaugh

You. Are. Disposable.
Stanky Leg is an important normal, used to get the most damage in her combos and her best mid too. The input is 4U4 but if 44u works for you too then that's fine. Main gameplan is obviously to vortex so midscreen ideally you want to end combos with low shotgun then jip or run in into 12. 12 gives enough hit advantage to guarantee a mixup so then you just mix from there.
Doing 114~low shotgun isn't a bad thing, it's good not having to spend meter to get that kind of setup. But there are plenty of other ways to get it like:

Grounded starter~BF2, DB2
Most midscreen juggles into 12~DB2 or 4~DB2
A correctly spaced B2~DB2 works but it's not easy/consistent
F122+4, dash or run up 12~DB2 or 4~DB2

or you can spend the bar on exDB2 for the restand no matter the distance.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, you can also ask in the Jacqui general discussion where the Jacquis will be!
This really helped, thanks a whole lot!