What's new

Question - Hollywood Any tips on landing Cassie's 212 in her midscreen bnbs

I recently picked up Cassie and am having trouble landing her 212 string after a db2 I usually end up landing the first two hits and whiff the last one

Any tips on converting it into b12 into bd4

(Combo) Starter, db2, **rc**, 212, b12, bd3 (Done Mid-Screen)

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Honestly I don't have any lol

If I'm feeling really confident I'll go for it, but most of the time I either just do 11 instead of 212, or starter, db2, run, b1xxbd1 cuz at the right height this actually gives you more frame advantage then the plus 3 it shows in the movelist, if done right it's a true vortex in the corner and midscreen

Last edited:

The Highlander

There can be only one
I recently picked up Cassie and am having trouble landing her 212 string after a db2 I usually end up landing the first two hits and whiff the last one

First of all it only really works against male characters because of hitbox differences. Second it's not worth it, just take the frame advantage midscreen (hit b1 nutpunch as high as you can). If you hit a mb flip it is 100% consistent though.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL

it's good as a combo starter, it's 0 on block and you can hit confirm with db2 for a combo, in brawler variation if it's blocked you can also use ur special grab, only an EX move can break your grab so it's a free 14% damage. 2nd way to use it it's in corner combos because recover is fast enougth to repeat it 2, 3 times

It depends of the starter. I mean not just db2. When you do b12db2 it's harder to do 212 after run cancel, but if you do df1db2 then it's easier. I don't even try it on female characters also.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
You just have to run slightly further than you would visually think you should. Work on inputting the run as fast as you can after flipkick, and letting the run go that little bit further to hit the 212. It's more difficult on females.

People will tell you it's not worth it, but it is when you want the extra damage into ex nutpunch. If you want meterless with good advantage restand, do starter~bd2 run b1 bd1, but for the big dammy you need to get this down.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i have found its easy to land if you simply let her run farther than what you think she needs to!

it is easier after FD+1-DB2 and F3-DB2. when trying to land 212!

i generally have no problem landing it on Mileena, Sonya, Cassie, and Tanya!

i do B12~DB2-RUN-212-RUN-11~BD3(i use this one offline!) - midscreen. and in corner its very easy to pull off FD1~DB2-RUN-212-123~BD3(i use this one online)corner

Update* I can now consistently land the 212 off of her low, overhead, and b1 starter.

After spending some training mode my suggestion to anybody having trouble is to make Cassie run a little further than you think and I didn't buy this at first but really make sure you input the run immediately after the db2.

vcuzzo23

Looking for the MAWWPP Bucket!
The struggle is real with landing either 212 or 11 after the run cancel online for me!!!

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

I used to ask these questions myself and then realized that it's pretty simple: You have to practice a lot first.
Every fighting game EVER has this about execution where you'll find it difficult, even daunting, to execute some things but the more you do it on more characters and in more games, the better you'll get at it overall.

You can also find videos where it's executed and try to watch the inputs on the key log if it's a practice tutorial sort of deal, or just watch out for the timing on the screen as it's being hit.
The idea is that if you are juggling, you either hit it too high or too low. If it's a strict frame, you are either hitting it too soon or too late. No big secret to this: just do it over and over.
It will be VERY boring to do.
Good luck!

vcuzzo23

Looking for the MAWWPP Bucket!
That's what ^^ I'm starting to figure out. I been practicing her Hollywood variation for about a week it seems and still can't get the 212 or 11 to land. I'm yet to take her in fights though. 3 at the most...

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
That's what ^^ I'm starting to figure out. I been practicing her Hollywood variation for about a week it seems and still can't get the 212 or 11 to land. I'm yet to take her in fights though. 3 at the most...
Don't grind.
If you just grind you'll keep making the same mistake. All you'll achieve is you'll have perfect muscle memory of the wrong sequence.
Slow down, think, figure it out.
It doesn't take a week, it takes 1-3 hours tops to get something like this, but it's hard work. It takes me around 4 hours because my hands are fucked up and because I suck at manual dexterity.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I moved to the 1,1 idea and am now pulling it off consistently. Really just takes practice like has been stated. Eventually it'll click and you'll get the timing.

Don't use 212 unless it's off B212D1+2, EX Flipkick or in the corner.

Last edited: