What's new

Any retro/classic video game collectors on TYM?

Matix218

Get over here!
What up TYM

I was just wondering if there were any classic/retro video game collectors on the site and if so wanted to have a thread where fellow TYM users could post info about their collections, prized items, recent pickups, etc.

I personally just started to get into retro game collecting as I attempted to re-acquire some of the older Gameboy/GBC/GBA games I used to love so much when I was younger.

Currently I am focusing on the Gameboy family of systems with my retro collection, here is what I have so far (and I have been loving playing all of them):

Systems:
Yellow OG Gameboy Color
Metallic Blue Gameboy Advance SP AGS101
Metallic Black Gameboy Advance SP AGS101
Cobalt Blue Gameboy Advance SP AGS001
Silver Gameboy Micro with 3 faceplates

Games (all authentic, no knockoffs):
Zelda LTTP GBA
Zelda Minish Cap GBA
Mario World GBA
Mario 3 GBA
WarioWare Mega Microgames GBA
Pokemon Fire Red GBA
GT3 Advance
NHL 2008 GBA
Harry Potter PoA (rpg) GBA
Super Mario Deluxe GBC
Zelda Link's Awakening GBC
Zelda Oracle of Ages GBC
Zelda Oracle of Seasons GBC
Harry Potter SS (rpg) GBC
Harry Potter CoS (rpg) GBC
Tetris DX GBC

It is still a work in progress. I am currently going for loose cartridge only because I want to be able to use and play the games without hurting the value.

Let me know what you all are into collecting and what you have!

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I've got a bunch of old atari games and the atari 7800 and the Jaguar with a few games. Think it might still work.

Of course I still have my NES & SNES with a big box full of games. Along with my Sega Genesis and Neo Geo system I've never even touched.

Still have the old ps1 and 2 along with the N64 and I just bought a ps3.

Handheld wise is a mystery. Like the box that could be anywhere. Shame tho because I had my Gameboy advanced with pokemon blue or yellow inside it.

Aslo I've been grabbing and collecting here and there for the last 10 years or so.

I might boot up the SNES soon. Been itching to play Donkey Kong 1-3 for some strange reason.

Matix218

Get over here!
I've got a bunch of old atari games and the atari 7800 and the Jaguar with a few games. Think it might still work.

Of course I still have my NES & SNES with a big box full of games. Along with my Sega Genesis and Neo Geo system I've never even touched.

Still have the old ps1 and 2 along with the N64 and I just bought a ps3.

Handheld wise is a mystery. Like the box that could be anywhere. Shame tho because I had my Gameboy advanced with pokemon blue or yellow inside it.

Aslo I've been grabbing and collecting here and there for the last 10 years or so.

I might boot up the SNES soon. Been itching to play Donkey Kong 1-3 for some strange reason.
Thats awesome! I really wish i still had an snes... the good condition systems and the more popular games have actually gotten pretty pricey in recent years.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I'm, also, one of the retro collectors. I have some oldie consoles, like GBA and such. I have PSX till PS4. I have Sega Master System III and many more. Still looking for some rare games and rare consoles to get them in my hands.

kantboy-2

Ripper
I used to have A LOT of old systems, but I sold and traded most of them to collectors who actually want to complete/care for collecting for those systems. I stopped collecting VG once they pulled the plug on the Dreamcast and didn't get a home console until last year when I got an Xbone.

The only thing I really collected and had a complete collection of was the Makaimura/Ghost 'n Goblins family of games, including the Gargoyle's Quest series and the offshoots. My favorite series of all time. But, alas, I sold it as well to another collector.

I still have my modded Dreamcast and a few games as well as the Zelda DS lite so I can still play Fire Pro Wrestling and Double Dragon Advance. That game is awesome.

Right now, game-wise, I think the best system to collect for is the Gameboy Advance. They had A TON of good games. The whole knock-off stuff is stupid, but the demand has created that market. Sucks to have to check for every little detail in a cartridge and box to make sure you got the real deal.