What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Any Recently New Sub-Zero Tech?

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
So I'm looking into getting back into MK X more regularly, but I've been out of the loop on this scene for a little while now.

Is there any new (let's say within the past few months) Subby Z tech in particular that I should look at and study? I will likely be playing 100% Grandmaster.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
You're gonna need Tom Brady for this one. He has a ton of Grandmaster tech, a lot being character specific as well. I don't play Grandmaster, but the biggest piece of tech I'd say is that if you have someone cornered and you get a knockdown, clone into B2 can blow up most armored wakeups.

I think a question like this is better asked in the General Discussion thread however, unncecessary to make a separate thread for it.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Look at Tom Brady's new corner tech and reevaluate what you do in the corner. It's hard for me to make an adjustment because iv been doing it a different way since launch but it is the most effective way to play the character. But not a whole lot of stuff has been recent tbh.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
12 xx Clone Shatter is the cool thing to do these days. Still catches people like 95% of the time and leads into ridiculous damage. Work on the clone spacing for that if you didn't use it before.

Cryomancer is decent after the buffs but the variation is almost exclusively a punisher. Against characters who are usually safe Cryo will suffer badly.

Unbreakable is just for the lolz. Although I have some unreleased Unbreakable tech but it's mostly gimmicks and not worth it tbh.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Oh yeah and Cancelling strings into EX clone then run cancel into more strings. I'll look up the thread, you probably don't know about it.

EDIT: Didn't find the thread. Basically in the corner if you do something like B33 xx EX Clone and run in b33, it will combo if the first b33 hit. If it was blocked, well the opponent won't be pressing buttons lol. Practice that in the lab.

Last edited:

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Thanks, guys!

Yeah, I heard a tiny bit about that corner clone / armor blowup tech, but I hadn't looked into it well enough yet.

But the EX Clone cancelling advantage stuff is certainly new to me. I'll be sure to check that out, as well.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
So I'm looking into getting back into MK X more regularly, but I've been out of the loop on this scene for a little while now.

Is there any new (let's say within the past few months) Subby Z tech in particular that I should look at and study? I will likely be playing 100% Grandmaster.
I learned the hard way two weeks ago that standing 1 is an amazying anti air and anti crossup antiair!

Lokheit

Noob
If you switch stance, you can do B12 Ex Clone Run B12 Iceball JIP 242, Run B12 Burst for 35% midscreen, long carry 1 bar safe on block. It only happens if you switch stance but I expect this bug to be fixed in the next patch.

If you're against the corner, B12 Ex Clone, Run, F42Throw (at this point the opponent is frozen and you fall to the ground), tech roll wakeup, walk forward JIP, B12 Burst deals 31% (you have to tech roll your fall to get the JIP for max damage) and puts the other guy in the corner (and IMO is the most swag coming from a Sub-Zero combo).

The fun part is that Unbreakable has a 0.85 damage penalty for doing something similar.

Last edited:

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
D4 corpse hop to safely check/ punish fast wake ups is new.

Ji2 fake corner cross up causes opponent reversals to fire into the corner while SZ lands safely outside.

Cryo can do a 70% (1 bar) combo to Sorceror Quan Chi punishing the armor spell, midscreen or corner.

Unbreakable can do something similar (35% meterless) to Goro where SZ parries/ freezes punch walk, which retains armor through the freeze.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
People been sleeping on this tech, best 50/50 in the game by far: mid to low (they'll never see it coming), you can cancel your run into it (rushdown 50/50s yo), and converts nicely into 18% damage. They need to tone Subby down.
I love it
We learned so much from kencheese