What's new

Any opinions on Demon Dash, Demon Breath and Fireball as a variation?

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I presume this will be his next variation when they all drop. Has anyone messed around with this?
Those are exactly the moves I use when playing Scorpion in the single player modes. However I don't think there will be 4th Variations for any charcater simply because there are not enough moves for any character except Shang Tsung to fill a 4th Varation. So unless NRS add more moves for the entire roster, what I think they will do is adding more moves for every existing Variation, like having 4-5 rather then 2-3 like we have now.

Last edited:
I'd drop fire breath and fire ball since both are garbage and take tele cancel+ demon dash.
If they'd buff misery blade to where the sword hilt cancels don't whiff all the time and the low option is safe but -6 or -7, then misery blade+ demon dash would be my dream variation.

I feel like fireball is a good way to throw people off in the distance who just neutral duck in anticipation for a teleport. Does decent chip damage too. Some times they jump after second guessing themselves which leaves them open for a teleport or spear. As far as demon breath, I find poking into it is effective. Some people don't anticipate it being amplified and it seems kind of difficult to punish in certain ways due to the push back.

But yeah, isn't the whiffing issue of misery blade 3 character specific?

I think Kung Lao is a culprit. B1,4 MB3 hits on many characters consistently, but a few whiff consistently. Idk why NRS wont fix it.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Demon Dash being in a variation basically gives Scorpion a proper 'combo finisher'. But... its not absolutely necessary for anything except a cool looking combo ender. I play with a custom variation with Demon Dash and Flame Breath quite often vs friends and its admittedly weak compared to having Misery Blade or Hellport Cancel on tap.

Scorpion already has his most powerful moves in available variations, the rest really are just 'for fun' cool shit. Admittedly I use Flame Breath PURELY for the Toasty! brutality and nothing else. No technical value, just cool factor. Unfortunately cool factor is worthless in tournaments.