What's new

Question Any advice for landing 1,1 after b2,3?

ReZo

MKX
The timing is one of the strictest in the game I personally believe, you have to hit them right when the character falling is right below the BA's belt.

Whatever timing your doing right now, its even later, almost when they hit the ground. I still can't do it consistently

Just off the top of my head, its about 2-2.5 seconds after you do the B23.

Another thing, DO NOT try to spam 1,1,1,1,1 while they are falling, it wont work, not sure if your doing this or not, just informing in case you are.

go into practice mode, make sure you arn't hitting any extra buttons (i.e. B233 instead of B23, gotta be pinpoint precise, you can see your inputs in practice mode.)

Hope this helps, try 1,3 first instead of 1,1. Get the 1,3 sorta downpat, thats the timing for the 1,1.

Seems silly, but it helped me get it when I first started not long ago.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
yeah I just picked up black adam and this is a pain in the ass right now. I've managed to get it consistently in practice mode but online is a different story, I hate the damn delay.

Since I always get "1" when I time a "11" my advice would be to simply input "111" and you should get "11" and then do the black magic =)

poofynamanama2

SHAZAAAAAAAAM
wait till they fall to about black adams head, then input 11. If it's too hard you can just do d1~black magic instead, it's much easier

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
You can do it, bro, just work at it.

I thought this move would be impossible to do online, but I'm actually more consistent with it online than I am with it offline. It's just a muscle memory thing. I think it's easier than landing a b+3 after MB Lightning Cage, personally. I usually wait till they're around Adam's chest, then dial 11 Black Magic. Just practice it in training mode, and make sure you're not mashing, and I truly believe you'll get it down.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
wait till they fall to about black adams head, then input 11. If it's too hard you can just do d1~black magic instead, it's much easier
That's pretty much my timing but if you are on a laggy tv or online you have to start the 11 when they are a lil bit over your head. After a while though u don't even think about it and wonder why it was hard in the first place.

ReZo

MKX
Yeah I just spent 2 more hours in practice mode on it to get the muscle memory down, and I can do it consistently during even the most intense matches offline at least lol

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Trick is,
is to do it soon as you see your opponents arch to him coming down, always works for me

or a fun way, thats works sone after you hear the noise of the 3 connecting say "Shazam" then do it haha

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Respect for Black Adam players, I've been sticking with more regular combos for now when I play him. I can pull off this online more often but if I get some lag I'll totally screw it up. Green Lantern ruined me with his simple combos. On another note I can pull off J2, B2, Trait, 1,1, xx Lightning Cage MB, B3, J2, B23U1+2 consistently for 52% damage so that makes me happy. The damage is impressive on this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WyvernxProductions Check out my online ranked matches with green lantern.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Respect for Black Adam players, I've been sticking with more regular combos for now when I play him. I can pull off this online more often but if I get some lag I'll totally screw it up. Green Lantern ruined me with his simple combos. On another note I can pull off J2, B2, Trait, 1,1, xx Lightning Cage MB, B3, J2, B23U1+2 consistently for 52% damage so that makes me happy. The damage is impressive on this guy.
Respect indeed, I'm trying to make him my 4th guy, but the timing for his combos is really strict, and a pain if you mostly fight online (like myself). But, curious enough, I have the opposite problem. I usually can land (if there is no more than the "usual" lag) the 11 after B23 but, for the love of god, I can't land the B3 after the Rising Storm (a.k.a Lighting Cage) MB. I can do it in practice, in offline matches...but not in online ones. It's frustrating.