What's new

Tech Anti wakeup corner tech

Jon Berg

Noob
So, after seeing anti wakeup tech videos for doomsday and nightwing, I decided to give it a whirl and see if it works for HG. Well, it does, and it is AWESOME.

Basically any time you score a knockdown in the corner, if you dash forward into them at the right time it will reverse their wakeup to go in the wrong direction, allowing you to whiff punish. Here is a video of doomsday doing it. It works exactly the same for us:

(credit to Sajam and Sonicboombrad)

What do you guys think?

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
It's good to note, TC, when you and I were discussing this earlier, and I was testing the dash in using Hawkgirl, Joker's wake up Bang! was able to turn me around the opposite direction when he was in the corner.

Noob
Thos seems to be a problem with certain corners in the game after the patch... Zod also has a problem that if you Ex eye lazer on the corner instead of staying on screen untill its done no it continues offscreen and the character gets out of the combo... im sure this will be corrected as only some stages are sufering from ths

EDIT: its usually the right corner doing this

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
Thos seems to be a problem with certain corners in the game after the patch... Zod also has a problem that if you Ex eye lazer on the corner instead of staying on screen untill its done no it continues offscreen and the character gets out of the combo... im sure this will be corrected as only some stages are sufering from ths

EDIT: its usually the right corner doing this
I've been doing this since 1.04. With Grundy it works in every corner of every transition on every stage.

Noob
1.04 made it where humans could wake up on the first available frame, right?

eighhhh i cant remember sorry XD... but it should be a bug cause Zod is clearly with his eye lazer on the corner so i think this will be fixed as it makes very little sence

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
Jon Berg and other Hawkgirl players, check out my videos of this tech and try some of this yourself in the lab to see if you can punish stuff that you wouldn't normally be able to.

Jon Berg

Noob
That's basically exactly what I linked. All the punishes work, minus shit like lightning cage and stuff that has a backwards hitbox as well. Im pretty confident the entire cast can do this.