What's new

Tech Anti-Wake Up vs. Scorpion

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I just found a cool little way to make Scorpion's wake-up attacks miss EVERY time. If he is knocked down and you are within striking range, you can do D1-teleport. If timed correctly, all of Scorpion's wake-up attacks will miss you, with one exception. The uppercut part of Scorpion's ex-telepunch puts him within range of hitting Cyrax, but just hold block.

I just moved and don't know where my camera is.

P.S. - seems to work on Sonya also.

I just found a cool little way to make Scorpion's wake-up attacks miss EVERY time. If he is knocked down and you are within striking range, you can do D1-teleport. If timed correctly, all of Scorpion's wake-up attacks will miss you, with one exception. The uppercut part of Scorpion's ex-telepunch puts him within range of hitting Cyrax, but just hold block.

I just moved and don't know where my camera is.

P.S. - seems to work on Sonya also.
Cool, since i hate Kitana i was playing around in the lab. In the corner-Cyrax does 2, 1, 2, close bomb, 2,2 she can't escape the bomb. She can do EX-fan lift but she still gets hit by the bomb.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
There's already anti-corner tech against Shang and Sektor. This could become a big part of Cyrax's gameplay, depending on the opponent. I'll probably be online this weekend - been working like nuts lately.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Cool, since i hate Kitana i was playing around in the lab. In the corner-Cyrax does 2, 1, 2, close bomb, 2,2 she can't escape the bomb. She can do EX-fan lift but she still gets hit by the bomb.
In training mode wakeup EX moves don't have full invincibility. In a real match, normal wakeups have 11 frames of invincibility, EX moves have 20. In training mode all wakeups have 11 frames of invincibility.

Considering this, kitana's EX ass (boost) would for sure get her out of it as invincibility lasts until the armor kicks in.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It looks like Cyrax's F2 beats all of Kitana's wake-ups except EX-fan lift... at least in the lab.
Yeah, normal wakeups that are slower than 11 can be hit out of. EX moves slower than 20 can also be hit out of. You can just look up the numbers to see what is applicable.

On a practical level, D4 will beat all of her wakeups and Cyrax gets a great mixup off his D4 so its a good foolproof meaty to use on Kitana.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
usedcarsalesmang
This is essentially his basic corner bomb trap, but not as good.
212 grants the same advantage as u4, and less than a splat. Not to mention you can do u4 and njp/b2 splat from a combo making them much easier to set up. Also You get an otg d4, 3 or buzzsaw after 212 in the corner which already completely disables all wake up options any character has. Sorry, but this isn't going to change Cyrax's game.