What's new

Anti Night Wolf

Klisp

Noob
I'm pretty good with NW. I say my toughest opponent is when someone uses a "defensive" Jax on me. I still have a hard time finding a good way to counter him even now.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I use Unmasked Sub-zero believe it or not. They can't rush him mindlessly because of the ice clone. I ice clone Nightwolf players more than any other character. Random HP and ice clone on jump ins, or rushes, fake freezes to entice the back stepping for the Reflection, then run in, and if NW jumps forward, JK under him, if he doesn't run, 3 hit kick combo, etc. Use forward ice showers on wake ups. Basically maximizing Sub-zero tactics as effectively as possible. It will make anyone's Sub-zero better.

XL

Noob
I use Sonya, just because her crouching low kick is so effective against rushers.

If I was good with Sub Zero, I'd do the tactics listed above, but he's probably one of my worst characters. I can't use him at all. I use Classic Sub Zero much better than Unmasked.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Don't forget to throw out sweeps on the rush down, and in from there, if he blocks it, ice clone because of the proximity, he might rush in and the clone will still be able to form, usually connecting. If he doesn't rush watch for other opportunities, for instance a far ice shower on a jump back to regroup.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
let's say...I use reptile, do the low ball, almost everyone tends to feel lucky and reflect it, thinking I would rush in and eat my own fb, but I get close enough, seeing the right moment when they reflecting, and cross up jk, run hk=will they fall into the fb??...just came to my mind and I was wondering if this would be possible...
anyone?

jdub03

Noob
i use sub zero against night wolf. Most NW players try and anticipate my freezes all game. I just throw out a variety of ice showers. Then throw in a random deep freeze. They always F up and get caught.

Kabal, UnSub, and Reptile.

With Kabal, throw out air fireballs while jumping back, Unsub, because of the reasons listed above, and Reptile mostly though. Heres why.

His Dash will catched a rusher off guard. If they block the first part you can do an easy Pop up to juggle. His forceballs are good for containment, untill he does the relection, then get in there and Jp to 4 Hit combo for an easy 33%.

Plus the Beastly aaRH Pwns Jumpers.

AND lastly, as a last ditch effort, The Acid spit is so fast most rushers don't see it coming. Good for some last bit of damage.

XL

Noob
abc ur dead0 said:
With Kabal, throw out air fireballs while jumping back, Unsub, because of the reasons listed above, and Reptile mostly though. Heres why.
Not so much Kabal. I think Kabal has a leg over Nightwolf, but not by much. Do you notice if I use Nightwolf against your Kabal, I never reflect? That's because I know what you are doing. Most other people do too. And Nightwolf's shoulder dash is odd when faced against Kabal's spin. Sometimes the tackle beats out the spin, which is odd.

I think Kabal is better than Nightwolf just because he's the top of the tier list, not because he's a good anti character. If anything, it's probably the other way around, just to a smaller extent since there really isn't a true Anti-Kabal.

I am just sayin that you all seem to know how to professionally connect all of your aaHPs and good stuff like that. I just do the moves that I know and I have a terrible time connecting good roundhouses and uppercuts. The simple moves I have a harder time doing. I think I would be afraid to verse a lot of you.

Shock said:
I use Unmasked Sub-zero believe it or not. They can't rush him mindlessly because of the ice clone. I ice clone Nightwolf players more than any other character. Random HP and ice clone on jump ins, or rushes, fake freezes to entice the back stepping for the Reflection, then run in, and if NW jumps forward, JK under him, if he doesn't run, 3 hit kick combo, etc. Use forward ice showers on wake ups. Basically maximizing Sub-zero tactics as effectively as possible. It will make anyone's Sub-zero better.
Yep, same here.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
ABC, Reptile's elbow dash is punishable from both blocking points, blocking and countering the first hit is easier, sometimes the second part if you hold block too long, you get stuck.

As for FB traps with Nightwolf, the amount of time you have to counter a reflection before it's used is limited. Throw a slow ball full screen, then use his elbow dash to get in close, if they Shield, do a combo and let the FB hit, mix it up a bit. If he tries to jump over the first Slow FB, RH him back into it.

Klisp said:
I'm pretty good with NW. I say my toughest opponent is when someone uses a "defensive" Jax on me. I still have a hard time finding a good way to counter him even now.
You had a hard time with my CSub

or was that just a one off :confused:

Hi guys thanks for the tips... lucky for me I already use Usub so I can just practice to beat my friends nw :twisted:

What about a nw vs nw does that work?

XL

Noob
Nightwolf vs Nightwolf, like all mirror battles, comes down to who is better with that character. :p

What do I do when I'm being runjabbed/stomped in the corner? I can never seem to get out of that part of a NW routine. Also, what's the best way to attack a NW player? I know that air isn't much of an option because of the tackle, so Kara/run jab pressure?

lol I forgot about this post!!
8)

Anyway I found that my NW starting to beat him out but now I got used to his playing style my lil robot smoke has started eeking his way to more and more victories!! :twisted:

Well, i see that kabal have a big chance to beat NW, but Hsmoke too bcus the TP and the fast of he´s moves...
kabal have runjabs very good, he´s dash can punish the chain kombo (HK/LK, HP,HP,LP,d,f,HP) exactly in the last move (d,f,hp) if kabal block this one, puff... dash ^^, if Nightwolf do the SS(shadow shoulder), if you block a SS you can do the dash, sometimes you can see when it happen (if you look at his feets when it move twice, you know what will happen), the crossup is not the good way against kabal... so like Usub kabal have a big chance to beat him...^^

TheRedPsychosis said:
What do I do when I'm being runjabbed/stomped in the corner? I can never seem to get out of that part of a NW routine. Also, what's the best way to attack a NW player? I know that air isn't much of an option because of the tackle, so Kara/run jab pressure?
Well the good way to scape from corner is just wait and wait the exactly moment, try releasing block and press it again to make the enemy beleave that you want to do a stupid move like jump or sweep him or use duck+lk, watch this match (Hanzo_Hasashi "Nightwolf" Versus RZP "Kabal")the Hanzo´s nightwolf is a very high level as you can see:) CLICK HER TO WATCH THE MATCHor just press just down to let you self throw just to get out of the corner ^_^