What's new

Tech - Slasher Anti-Jason Machete toss

Invincibeast

Stay Free
Well, i seem to post already known or useless tech most of the time... but JUST IN CASE, i figured out a simple way to avoid that Machete toss.
Since it hits mid, it'll hit and chip you no matter how you block, so, bar jumping, there is an easy way to get around it.
I tested this with Sub, Scorp, Mileena, and a few other characters. The only one's that can't seem to do this are the big bodies
(sorry Ferra/Torr :/ )
Anyways... all you gotta do... is D4 about a character length from the machete.
Yup.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
I wonder if this works for any other mid hitting projectiles. Now all we need is for someone to be able to use their d4 on wakeup like WW's d3 :D

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
The fact that some mids don't hit mid is just disturbing to me. I swear Mileena roll goes under Goro d1, and now this.

It is just stupid, and I hope these hitboxes gets fixed.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
The fact that some mids don't hit mid is just disturbing to me. I swear Mileena roll goes under Goro d1, and now this.

It is just stupid, and I hope these hitboxes gets fixed.
It still hits if I just neutral block, the d4 lowers the hitbox. Its fine.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
But those are the properties of some moves. They lower your hitbox. Nothing wrong with it.
When I decide to use a mid instead of a high is because I want my move to collide with the opponent, and mids by definition should not be duckable.

It also makes zero sense visually. Looks very dumb to me.
What's the point of making characters untouchable? I don't even think NRS wanted that, it must be bad hitboxes design.

I honestly dislike this stuff in any game...even in Soul Calibur V I had to deal with Pyrrha 236 236 that goes under 1A lol, it's very stupid.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
When I decide to use a mid instead of a high is because I want my move to collide with the opponent, and mids by definition should not be duckable.

It also makes zero sense visually. Looks very dumb to me.
What's the point of making characters untouchable? I don't even think NRS wanted that, it must be bad hitboxes design.

I honestly dislike this stuff in any game...even in Soul Calibur V I had to deal with Pyrrha 236 236 that goes under 1A lol, it's very stupid.
Relax. Its fine.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Thing is, mids in this game aren't duckable. They can be "extra-low-profileable" by moves that are supposed to be hard counters, like rolls/slides/whatever.
That said, up-close mids losing to generic pokes are strange and undermine the purpose of mid in the first place.

OnlineWarriorsWeekly

http://www.twitch.tv/onlinewarriorsweekly
Playing tonight I realized my best tools were b4 (sweep), f42 of course and the Machete Toss.

Machete Toss is incredibly good.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Mixing hitbox coordinates? Sub Zero's sweep is West 23 North 27?
:D
I mean their position on the screen.
Point being, nothing stops you from making a move that ignores standing block and hits airborne targets while whiffing against crouching targets. That would be a move with high hitbox and "low" properties, although you'll probably need to make it look like some sort of grab to avoid confusion. Would be like Shazam's HM without drawbacks of requiring particular blockstrings to setup and whiffing against jumpers.

Anyway, that's getting off-topic. What I can say is that indeed, "mid" training mode notations are pretty confusing in this game because those mids actually differ between themselves - some reach to the ground, others only hit crouchers, which is still not the lowest profile in the game.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
:D
I mean their position on the screen.
Point being, nothing stops you from making a move that ignores standing block and hits airborne targets while whiffing against crouching targets. That would be a move with high hitbox and "low" properties, although you'll probably need to make it look like some sort of grab to avoid confusion. Would be like Shazam's HM without drawbacks of requiring particular blockstrings to setup and whiffing against jumpers.

Anyway, that's getting off-topic. What I can say is that indeed, "mid" training mode notations are pretty confusing in this game because those mids actually differ between themselves - some reach to the ground, others only hit crouchers, which is still not the lowest profile in the game.
I have no idea what you're talking about, bro.
A D4 that hits low putting your hitbox low is nothing new in fighting games.

Red King

One ugly motherfucker!
Fantastic. Can anybody confirm if this works for Jax' missile launcher projectile? I've been finding that extremely irritating to jump over.