What's new

Tech Anti-Crossover Option-Select (w/video examples)

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
Hey guys, wanted to share something that I feel is pretty cool. Randomly thought about this so I decided to try it. RiBBz22 this was the tech I was talking about ;)

OK, so here's how it works:
Regardless of how this is set up, the actual option select is...

Dash > DF BLK+2

Info:
So, this works ONLY if you have meter, it has to be an EX smoke bomb because of its wider range. Smoke has a ton of use for meter, and I understand that it may be better used elsewhere...but remember that this is an option select, you're getting different outcomes depending on what your opponent does. Getting that much damage after block pressure is pretty awesome IMO.

How to do it:
It's actually harder to do than it sounds, because of how the button priority works. Technically, you HAVE to press block first and then the 2 will cancel the block. If you're trying to press them at the same time, one button will beat the other, and pretty much neither option will work. If 2 wins, it's normal smoke bomb, if block wins...then you get a block. So what I do is I kind of rhythmically press block then 2. Press 2 RIGHT after block, as close as possible. Also, make sure you don't hold block after pressing 2, just quickly press and let go. If anyone needs further help, just ask me :)

OK, now time for the videos and scenarios

Typical setup (Them crossing over after a D3)

After a D4, D3...if they don't block

After a D4, D3...if they DO block

After a D4, D3...and finally, if they decide to cross you over

I was planning on posting this on Friday because of SCR...but I decided I might as well do it now...if anything it'll give the others another thing to fear ;)

I hope this is helpful...let me know what you guys think!

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Does the bomb still connect if you don't have meter? I am assuming if you have meter an ex bomb will come out?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
This is a pretty good idea and I could see it working with some other characters.

Ermac could do dash DF121 and I think lift would come out if they jump over you.

Ermahgerd Iwas just thinking aabout this lastnight when iIwas reading the general frame data thread since specials autocorrect iimmediately and don't have delay like normals all do, this is so godlike I am very pleased thank you based god

4x4lo8o

Noob
So if they cross you over a smoke bomb comes out and if they don't a jab comes out?

This should work with Raiden and shocker. I'll have to try it later

EGP Wonder_Chef

So if they cross you over a smoke bomb comes out and if they don't a jab comes out?

This should work with Raiden and shocker. I'll have to try it later
I don't think it will work, because if you do dash down back 2, you would get vicinity blast, wouldn't you?

4x4lo8o

Noob
well if you do dash df2 and they don't jump over you, you would get a shocker.
Oh, right. I get it now. I thought you were talking about getting the wrong one because they jumped over you and the inputs changed. I didn't realize why it worked with Smoke. For some reason trying to talk about option selects confuses the hell out of me. It makes sense when I pick up a controller and try it

EGP Wonder_Chef

Oh, right. I get it now. I thought you were talking about getting the wrong one because they jumped over you and the inputs changed. I didn't realize why it worked with Smoke. For some reason trying to talk about option selects confuses the hell out of me. It makes sense when I pick up a controller and try it
haha, option selects are just weird like that