What's new

Anti Characters

XL

Noob
Since I posted the question on the GameFaqs board, I'd also be grateful if someone wrote a FAQ about it.

I need to know how to get the best of a certain someone's Sub-Zero that I keep losing to. :lol:

The main guides go over some of it. I forgot if it was Sub's or kabal's that mentions that sub is a good counter for kabal. His Ice clones are great against rushers, also considering most of them dont have teleports to get around it (kabal, nightwolf, kano, etc).

XL

Noob
I'm pretty set against Kabal, but I face Sub Zeros quite often that turtle like hell and won't let you jump because they'll just anti-air freeze combo you.

I'm sure Jax might work with his ground pound, but that's all I can think of. (Aside from Sheeva, but atleast Jax gives you more to work with)

XL that was just general info for the topic.

Against sub (either one) it's a free slide every time you leave the ground, so dont randomly jump. You can bait a clone by running in and stopping short, counter when they jump back from the clone. Im not an expert at this, these are just some basics I know.

XL

Noob
Err, it's not just any Sub Zero.

abc knows who's Sub Zero I'm talking about. You can't bait it out much because he times it so well. And I don't try to randomly jump. If I do, it's a result of XBox 360's DPad.

As far as Sub Zero's slide goes, that's never been a problem for me. I'm pretty good at spotting it and countering it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
He means the slide countering crossups, it hits you before you land and there's nothing you can do about it...usub's is much harder to use in this fashion though, but csub and reptile can use it easily as can mileena her ball and kabal his webspin.

XL said:
Err, it's not just any Sub Zero.

abc knows who's Sub Zero I'm talking about. You can't bait it out much because he times it so well. And I don't try to randomly jump. If I do, it's a result of XBox 360's DPad.

As far as Sub Zero's slide goes, that's never been a problem for me. I'm pretty good at spotting it and countering it.

I have gotten Pretty good at countering his Sub with Stryker. You havn't really been on, But I think you saw me beat him once or twice. Strykers gun keeps him at bay, and the nades stop any jumping. Annilator has a certain Flair that he uses with his Sub and once you get the hang of it you can counter pretty well. For example, at full screen he will almost always Freeze. To counter it, Run in, Wait for the slide and counter. OR, Jump back, wait for the freeze, and at least for me, I Telepunch him. Depends on your character. Just follow his pattern. Subs are pretty Predictable.

XL

Noob
Eh, I guess it doesn't help that in the last few days of me not playing I've lost all sense of how to play. I just lost to the worst Scorpians I've ever seen in my life.

It's extremely funny how that works. I miss a few days of playing and then I suck. :cry:

XL said:
Eh, I guess it doesn't help that in the last few days of me not playing I've lost all sense of how to play. I just lost to the worst Scorpians I've ever seen in my life.

It's extremely funny how that works. I miss a few days of playing and then I suck. :cry:
Hey man, you aren't the only one who has lost in matches where you should have won lol. I've had my fair share in the past couple of days that I look back and say 'WTF was I doing?'

But hey, you did get my Sub once with Kitana and abc has gotten my Sub a few times with Stryker and once with Ermac. I remember the first day we held the tournament, both of you couldn't touch me at all and kept running into my ice clone, but you guys have gotten a LOT better. Kudos to both you. :p

Yay :)

You guys up for a game or 2 tonight?

And on topic...

Whos a Good anti Character for Nightwolf? His constant aggresivness keeps me down. Worse is when I telepunch and they block and do a 30%+ Punisher combo.

DAVE101 said:
The main guides go over some of it. I forgot if it was Sub's or kabal's that mentions that sub is a good counter for kabal. His Ice clones are great against rushers, also considering most of them dont have teleports to get around it (kabal, nightwolf, kano, etc).

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
abc ur dead0 said:
Whos a Good anti Character for Nightwolf? His constant aggresivness keeps me down. Worse is when I telepunch and they block and do a 30%+ Punisher combo.
Thank your lucky stars that Nightwolf can barely eek out 40-42% off a punisher if he knows how to do it and has the timing. 30% is the easy one. Anyways, pick a fast sweeper like Jax/Sonya/Kano against him...Kabal is good too, to stop him from being so aggressive.