What's new

Guide - Hish-Qu-Ten Anti Air Options?

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I think that another key aspect of predator is his anti-air game. Generally opponents are gonna jump a lot to get in. Once they are in, they often abuse cross-ups. Thus this thread!

Please don't post theoretical combos, but only viable stuff. What I am trying to implement is:

Anti Cross-Up:
d1, d1~mid lowplasma, b22~ex scimitar, 4~scimitar for 34% iirc

JIP Anti Air:
Here it becomes tricky. I do like the combo above, starting with 4. However this is more of an unrealistic scenario, because 4~low plasma only works with certain angles. 4~straightplasma does work somewhat, but you might kick the opponent out of the b22-distance. Then 4~disc does also work on certain angles, but the scaling sucks. So this is nothing I am to happy with.

Theoretically up-plasma has the fastest start-up of all AA-moves (f1 has a useless hitbox to fend off jump-ins). Has anyone come up with a decent combo? I think b22~disc (or even ex disc) should work on certain angles and if not, one could still go for b22-ex scimitar. If anyone has experimented with this, please share your knowledge. Else I gotta look into this myself, I guess...

xZoro

War God.
Here's you best option, or at least your most viable one.

Get hit eat 30 percent and complain your D2 Didn't come out.
Thank me later.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Is this the Takeda-trolls striking back? :)

NJP is viable on read. Not so much on reaction. It can still work though. Still up-plasma would be my favorite tool if we can come up with a more damaging Combo than "NJP, JIK~disc, 4~ex scimitar, 4~scimitar".

My reluctance with using up laser is the hitbox/angle of the projectile. It's nowhere near as good as say GS EB up guns and if the angle is off the recovery is pretty high. More than enough for them to get a punish. Also of course "now what?" A bnb off up laser hasn't really been found because njp is so good and leads to pretty good damage.

But idk, the game's still young. Maybe something will come up

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Up laser can be combo'd into something but I forget, but also if you're playing predator and don't always have a disc out to make people afraid to jump, you're not abusing enough, disc on reaction is the most annoying shit i have ever experienced.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
No one uses 12? It's pretty good even tho there's not much damage for it it's the most consistent one I found

Figured I'd tackle this to give him other options than njp. Here's what I have so far.

AA up laser, run, 3, mid low laser, b2/d4, ex SS, 4, SS -30% (d4 is the easier version, same damage)

AA up laser, run, 4, mid low laser, b2, ex SS, 4, SS -31% (very tight)

AA 1/F1, run, 112, ex SS, 4, SS -36%

AA 1/F1, 3, mid low laser, b2/d4, ex SS, 4, SS -38%

AA 4, mid low laser, b2, ex SS, 4, SS -40%

Check these out, new njp bnb:

NJP, run, 4, mid low laser, b2, ex SS, 4, SS -39%

NJP, run, 3, mid low laser, 4, ex SS, 4, SS -40% (only on large hitbox characters and very tight against medium hitbox characters)

Last edited:

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Interesting!

Can't check now, but does this work: High plasma, b22-ex disc?
Then maybe mid plasma, b22-scimitar?

I hope I can also look into this soon!

thlityoursloat

kick kick
All plasma attacks have little recovery lol.. if you think those have recovery then obviously you've never played the other zoners.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Once again @RM Crimson Panther pretty much found the best combos, I think. Yesterday I spent some time in the lab, but the general rule of thumb once again can be applied: "nothing offers better scaling than 4 and low plasma".

Highplasma has horrible scaling though. One can merely reach 30% afterwards. This is total crap. Nothing works. b22 is especially bad, yet it is the only practical (= hitconfirmable) option to follow-up. I even tried to do "JIP~disc, another JIP, then string" combos. But the gravity kicks in way too hard. I might try some more JIP, low-plasma/string~lowplasma combos, but I have not much hope that this will lead to better damage.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Okay So i just started using this today and it's actually very consistent. I did it multiple times online. Standing 3 is a pretty damn good AA. His hand has a hitbox for some reason on standing 3. And I found this nice little AA combo.

Standing 3, standing 4 ex SS, step forward, b311 SS- 39%

Okay So i just started using this today and it's actually very consistent. I did it multiple times online. Standing 3 is a pretty damn good AA. His hand has a hitbox for some reason on standing 3. And I found this nice little AA combo.

Standing 3, standing 4 ex SS, step forward, b311 SS- 39%
I've been curious about 3 since it was made a high. Interesting.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
tested it, imho 3 sucks as an antiair... i have not even notice a hitbox on his hands.
It's been extremely consistent for me. Once you hit it when they're really high in the air and not even close to predators stanky leg, you'll see it. Either that or standing 3 has a ghost hitbox in the air

Last edited:

Parasurama

Dragon
Hmmmm, so up laser, it seems like an anti air but feel unnatural to use it for that lol I must try using it more. I must admit I have been njp'ing people for anti air. So can you guys up laser combo on reaction to jumps? and any of the cast escapes it? I have found that Kotal JIP difficult to anti air. Up laser our shoryuken?

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I can't anti air with plasma on reaction and trying it cost me like 100 ranks online... :)

I'm sure it's a matter of muscle memory. Just like njp, someone runs at you or jumps at you it's an automatic response for me at least. So if you make yourself use up laser it'll eventually get easier.

That being said njp leads to more damage because of up laser's scaling, it's more reliable because up laser's angle is kinda steep and doesn't reach as far as njp.