What's new

Anti-air/Jump in Kicks

ADAMSKi

Noob
Hi , I have recently returned to UMK3 after not playing it for over a decade!

I have a question with regards to air/anti air.

how do I counter repeated Jump in Kicks?

I played a friend of mine beat me with just using this strategy (classic sub zero vs scorpion), despite me using fancy combos, and having played loads of MK9/MKX and SF4... I got beaten by a casual noob. Is there a simple and reliable counter to this? In other games I would just block high or pop up a clone/parry - however this doesn't seem to work at all in UMK3.

I tried blocking high - doesn't work as.

Tried punching - didn't work.

I then tried to beat him using his own strategy - however his jump in kicks always got priority/connected first? why is that?

I would be grateful if some UMK3 expert would share their knowledge on this matter, or at least provide a link!

Thanks!

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
pick kano, sonya, or jax and sweep when they are close to hitting / landing from the jump kick. if they block it and it hits meaty you are at enough advantage to sweep again or run up and knee etc

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If you can scope, Jump kicks, you can anticipate with roundhouses as well, Ninjas like Scorpion, Human Smoke and Ermac can convert enough damage from an anticipated RH.

Kabal can reverse Tornado spin inputs to prevent crossups. Nightwolf's Axe uppercut is one of the best AA's in the game.

mkholic

Noob
if u haven't got a feel for aa moves yet ur best option is to block high and attempt any quick special (slide, assuming u play c.sub) or to go for an uppercut for good chip damage

Last edited: