What's new

Tech Anti-Air Extension

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
I don't know how many other people are doing this but I wanted to share if it was unknown. I discovered recently that hawk girl really has an advantage over Doomsday through down 2. Also, it's just a really good anti air all around. So instead of just anti-airing, why not get yourself an extra 20% in the process?
I haven't got the timing down just yet but it works. Any thoughts on usefulness or making it better? Apologies in advance if this isn't news but I didn't see it anywhere.

Swoops

Noob
Good to have this up here, as I think AA is a big strength of HG. Speaking of doomsday in particular, I've been trying to knock him out super nova with d+2, but I mostly play online right now soooo...lol yea that's not working out too well. Offline it might be possible though.

As far as improving it I'm not too sure on that. Midscreen that seems like what you'll get meterless. With meter though we might be able to do d+2 xx delay mace throw, MB up charge, then an ender? Haven't messed around with the mace throw, up MB in combos much but it seems like it should work.

Most of the time I just wait and build super, then punish dumb jumps with d+2 xx fly 2, unfly, super.

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
I'm probably going to try more stuff after I rest a bit. Doomsday kept me out of winner's finals so I'm not really happy about that. D2 DOES beat both versions of super nova as tested against a recording. It beats his splash, you can block his shoulder tackle and punish with a combo or Wing Evade over it, only real problem is trying to block that damn overhead low it's real tricky getting around that. I do think the anti- air extension will help a lot because it's not easy for her to dish out too much damage imo. So you have to get it wherever possible

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
This is an amazing find, I'm sad this was posted after the tourney I went to, goddamn doomsday.
I posted a few AA combos in the combo thread:

Forgot to post those here:
Anti air combos:
Midscreen:
d2, b1 xx fly 2 xx bf2 19%

b1, b1 xx fly 2 xx bf2 23%

Corner:
d2, b1 xx db23, b1 xx fly 1112d3 27%

d2, b1 xx db23, b1 xx db23, f13 xx bf2 30%
You can also do:
d2 xx flight 2 unfly xx super for 32%
But you should never super anyway.

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
Yeah man I was so mad that I found out her d2 alone owns him so bad after I had lost. I wish I checked before. I didn't use her super in the games I actually won, there was really no need.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Looks like he's gotta be right on top of you for you to be able to get the full fly 2 MC.

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
yes, quite possibly, I haven't got to mess with it fully. I really came to this while trying to stop that super nova. If anything this can be a punish for that.

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
Have to find her more damage, she can't really fly and fling nth at the whole cast. how do you guys feel about her pokes? I feel like she's really slow but maybe it's just me. I learned how to zone with her first. I really like her B2 I think that is, the one where she does like a high leg lift.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Have to find her more damage, she can't really fly and fling nth at the whole cast. how do you guys feel about her pokes? I feel like she's really slow but maybe it's just me. I learned how to zone with her first. I really like her B2 I think that is, the one where she does like a high leg lift.
Her d1's actually pretty fast. You can't really confirm much into it, maybe just a sweep for wake up mix ups. Also, I really like b2, 3 too but I wish there was more use for it outside of corner combos and I have no idea if it's safe or not.

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
b2, 3 is actually safe. tested on flash doing his uppercut reversal, which the game states is 6 frames. What I did find though is that f1, is really fast, it has the same start up as her jab AND you can chain 1 or 3 with it for a frame trap. I will try to find some way to record it if I can but if you set flash to block all, and have his reversal move as flying uppercut you can test it out. He will block the f1 and then the 1 or 3 will hit him out of the start of his uppercut. It is also safe on block.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
b2, 3 is actually safe. tested on flash doing his uppercut reversal, which the game states is 6 frames. What I did find though is that f1, is really fast, it has the same start up as her jab AND you can chain 1 or 3 with it for a frame trap. I will try to find some way to record it if I can but if you set flash to block all, and have his reversal move as flying uppercut you can test it out. He will block the f1 and then the 1 or 3 will hit him out of the start of his uppercut. It is also safe on block.
Righteous, looks like I'm gonna be using that more often.

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
Problem I'm having with her is a lack of a low threat. I played a guy online, he just blocked high and it gave me so many problems. It was very disappointing to say the least.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Problem I'm having with her is a lack of a low threat. I played a guy online, he just blocked high and it gave me so many problems. It was very disappointing to say the least.
She has some low options, if not the best. She's got d1 which is her fastest low and can be canceled into fly d3 for a sure knockdown and to give some wakeup pressure. You can use her b22 or b3 mix up for a good low that is cancelable.

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
true, I just feel that fighting on the ground just to put them into a tech roll is not the best position for her to be in lol

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
true, I just feel that fighting on the ground just to put them into a tech roll is not the best position for her to be in lol
I mean if you know they're gonna tech roll out of it, you can use that as your cue to WE into fly and start up air maces again.

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
I mean if you know they're gonna tech roll out of it, you can use that as your cue to WE into fly and start up air maces again.
Yeah, maybe I'm just secretly down playing I guess. That whole high block thing really bothered me if you can't tell, lol.

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
I've found that best chance for a low is in b22, as sweep isn't the greatest. from b22 you can like WE-3 but just lands you like a tech roll then they can just block high until you land or knock you out of the air =/. As much as I love the control she has flying around and the frame trapping maybe she just isn't for me.

I've found that best chance for a low is in b22, as sweep isn't the greatest. from b22 you can like WE-3 but just lands you like a tech roll then they can just block high until you land or knock you out of the air =/. As much as I love the control she has flying around and the frame trapping maybe she just isn't for me.
True she doesn't have many good lows... but she can put some insane pressure on the opponent, and having one of the farthest reaching d1's which can always be hit confirmed into WE3 doesn't help. I actually see her almost like Cage in MK9, she's a heavy pressure/chip character with lots of frame advantage... not to mention she has a safe Raiden superman and a flying mode that I would say at least 8 or more characters have no answer for (frost, shazam, nightwing, superman (well except for his 45 degree fly up move), grundy, bane, etc.

What kind of character are you looking for @ VGB Joe Kerr? If you want a character with alot of pressure but has better lows and combos of lows I might suggest WW (low string can confirm into 30+ % no meter lol), Catwoman, Harley (great advancing pressure with tantrum stance), or Flash (short range d1 low, but can confirm into 35% damage combo)

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
True she doesn't have many good lows... but she can put some insane pressure on the opponent, and having one of the farthest reaching d1's which can always be hit confirmed into WE3 doesn't help. I actually see her almost like Cage in MK9, she's a heavy pressure/chip character with lots of frame advantage... not to mention she has a safe Raiden superman and a flying mode that I would say at least 8 or more characters have no answer for (frost, shazam, nightwing, superman (well except for his 45 degree fly up move), grundy, bane, etc.
What kind of character are you looking for @ VGB Joe Kerr? If you want a character with alot of pressure but has better lows and combos of lows I might suggest WW (low string can confirm into 30+ % no meter lol), Catwoman, Harley (great advancing pressure with tantrum stance), or Flash (short range d1 low, but can confirm into 35% damage combo)
I main ww now actually lol. She actually fills what I have been looking for, I can go low into full combo, her overhead is just good. 40% with meter on a punish is ridiculous. HG fly is ok but it is very hard to implement against better players. grundy can actually hit her, bane has an air grab and a dragon punch-ish move. The other chars like nw can find ways to get you when you have to land. Have to really be on point with hg.

I've stuffed Grundy's Down 2 quite a bit with Down 3. BF2 mid flight is incredible at max height to torpedo out of attackers. It A to A's most specials and wins, and if you whiff, you've gained space.