What's new

Tech - Special Forces Anti 2 hit armour - 24% trade

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
So with there now being a lot of 2 hit armour moves, this means that special forces armour breaking setups wont be as strong in the corner. While there are no sey ups to break both hits or armour, you can get a pretty good trade.
This is good gor closing out the round, if the opponent is on low health, they might panic in the corner and throw out there 2 hit armour move, especially if its safe like kitana. This setup does enough damage to close out the round.

The video below shows jow the setup works on one hit armour move (predators is slow, but believe me when i say it works on fast 1 hit armour moves too), how it doesnt work on new armour, and then the 24% trade. (10% from drone, 14% from d2).

The obvious bad sign to this is if they dont armour, youre unsafe. You gotta make the read.

34% combo + 24% trade = 58% setup

Im not sure exactly how viable this is, so
input is appreciated :)

@lookgirlitsteejay @Airvidal @Pan1cMode @Tony at Home @Ninequads93

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Nice stuff , I have something similar this old tech here

Also noticed u ended the last part with low kami if you read they won't wake up you can do overhead into ex projectile and combo something to look into

colby4898

Nice stuff , I have something similar this old tech here

Also noticed u ended the last part with low kami if you read they won't wake up you can do overhead into ex projectile and combo something to look into
Yeah but the point is thats old tech that only works on 1 hit of armour, its not similar to the tech im displaying here cos this is a strategy against wakeups with 2 hits of armour.
All the old armour break setups will still work against one hit of armour moves. Which she has plenty of setups for.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Yeah but the point is thats old tech that only works on 1 hit of armour, its not similar to the tech im displaying here cos this is a strategy against wakeups with 2 hits of armour.
All the old armour break setups will still work against one hit of armour moves. Which she has plenty of setups for.
Oh ok yeah thats cool your finding new ways around it

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
oh yea i completely forgot about 2 hit armor ! LOL. I will get in the lab and try and find some ish myself too with her. I Haven't even touched her since the patch because they didn't really hit her too hard the oh is still great. This is awesome though

x TeeJay o

So I was testing some shit with my friend and apparently sonya can break possessed Kenshis 2 hitting armored attack if he uses it as a reversal after blocking homing missile. It's a strict timing, but I'm trying to see how exactly it's working. It's possible that it happens because it's a slow armor move but I'm not sure. I was doing homing missile and then 212 during his reversal

colby4898

So I was testing some shit with my friend and apparently sonya can break possessed Kenshis 2 hitting armored attack if he uses it as a reversal after blocking homing missile. It's a strict timing, but I'm trying to see how exactly it's working. It's possible that it happens because it's a slow armor move but I'm not sure. I was doing homing missile and then 212 during his reversal
I asssume you mean 121?

Homing missile is minus on block so following up with a high they can probably just poke out. The only time you're guaranteed something after a homing missile is if the follow up is immediately after.

An interesting find though. I was trying to find stuff in the corner using 121 and homing missile to break 2 hit armour, i havent tried them all but maybe the slower 2 hit armour can be broken (are there even slow 2 hits or armour?)

x TeeJay o

I asssume you mean 121?

Homing missile is minus on block so following up with a high they can probably just poke out. The only time you're guaranteed something after a homing missile is if the follow up is immediately after.

An interesting find though. I was trying to find stuff in the corner using 121 and homing missile to break 2 hit armour, i havent tried them all but maybe the slower 2 hit armour can be broken (are there even slow 2 hits or armour?)
Yeah 121. I'm in practice now and it's weird. I can break Kenshis 2 hitting armor (demonic slice 23 startup) with this setup

B33u4 12 12 12 112 homing missile , step forward , 121.

Still leaves a bit of time to call low drone as well for another setup

colby4898

Yeah 121. I'm in practice now and it's weird. I can break Kenshis 2 hitting armor (demonic slice 23 startup) with this setup

B33u4 12 12 12 112 homing missile , step forward , 121.

Still leaves a bit of time to call low drone as well for another setup
So he blocks the missile? So wakeup block, reversal demonic slice, or does the missile take one hit or armour?

x TeeJay o

So he blocks the missile? So wakeup block, reversal demonic slice, or does the missile take one hit or armour?
Nope it works on regular wakeup. If you start the combo with B33u4 into that setup it breaks his demonic slice

Last edited:

x TeeJay o

I think we were talking about two different things then haha, i thought you were talking about the reversal the whole time, thats why the wakeup bit confused me lol :p
Yeah my bad haha. I posted the vido though. I broke Kenshis other 2 hitting armored move but it's super hard. I'm trying my best to find ways to break fast 2 hitting armored moves though. There's a bug I think if you do B33u4 and let them drop straight to the ground and call missile into 121, his armor doesn't even activate and you trade with him being launched lol. Very weird