What's new

Answering Mortal Kombat 11's Lingering Questions

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Game Informer's Ben Hanson and Suriel Vazquez talk to NetherRealm Studios' senior systems designer Derek Kirtzic about his work on Mortal Kombat 11 and ask him dozens of questions from the community about choosing characters, the Nintendo Switch version, the Krypt, and much more.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ha was about to post this just finished watching. So we learned

No unlockable characters in krypt

Characters in an MK game are decided by demand of the fans/Boon polls on twitter for feedback AND the storymode.

NPCS not being playable for sure is not 100% true from what Derek just said, which is good news for characters like Cyrax and Sektor, among others maybe? hmm

MK 11 will be supported longer than any previous title, I'm sure given what he said this means not just tournaments but with DLC, added stuff to the game for the general fanbase.

Good stuff

Idiot got the question wrong - obviously there will be NPCs... the question is whether there are NPC fights.

MK 11 will be supported longer than any previous title, I'm sure given what he said this means not just tournaments but with DLC, added stuff to the game for the general fanbase.
Not gonna take their word for it, but I so hope this is true.

SxS626

Noob
alot of this was...super disappointing (but expected)

but i'm glad they actually took the time to address alot of the speculation and misinformation on social media

D

Deleted member 35141

Despite my issues with what we have seen of the SP and krypt grind im still super excited for the game.
Thought this was a good and legit interview