What's new

another thing about the Breakaway..

so after playing the stress beta we all hated how u can breakaway and punish people when they're doing a combo on you but there's another thing i found out which i think is annoying as well and wanted to see your opinion about it

https://twitter.com/Undead_Shaolin/status/1107458414387650560?s=19

in this video we can see that the fatal blow breaks the break away before even landing on the ground (happened to me 4 times )

and I've been thinking about it if your opponent has fatal blow available means he can punish your breakaway at any time and it's useless to use it and i want to discuss this do you think it's fair or should be removed ?

this is the original video for a better quality

go to 7:40

so what do you think?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Seems intended and there's nothing really inherently wrong with this. With everyone scared of breakways you'd think people would want this. Maybe this makes situations where when someone has a fatal they're going to use it as early as possible since you'll breakway any additional hits but you're also forcing them to go for a suboptimal combo so those 2 bars still had value. TLDR seems fine.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Supers have always broken armor, nothing new there. What I find funny is I talked about all the different breaker safe options the offense person could have to bait break aways without making a read and everyone still cried breaker was OP.

But now a 1 time use resource that requires a read and the offensive player to be at 30% or less makes break away useless?

Which is it TYM? Do we remove break away because its OP or do we remove it because its useless? Lmao

Supers have always broken armor, nothing new there. What I find funny is I talked about all the different breaker safe options the offense person could have to bait break aways without making a read and everyone still cried breaker was OP.

But now a 1 time use resource that requires a read and the offensive player to be at 30% or less makes break away useless?

Which is it TYM? Do we remove break away because its OP or do we remove it because its useless? Lmao
the thing is having all these questions about the break away

don't get me wrong mk11 is fantastic probably very close to be my favourite mk

but if they just removed breakaway and added breakers again isn't that just better ? I'm seeing alot of stuffs within the breakaway

me having the breakaway option and knowing my opinion can counter it with a fatal blow OR someone doing a combo and i can breakaway and (PUNISH) him is just too much that's why i feel like normal breaker would have been perfect for this game

it's just me tho we'll see how the full game is i trust them to do the right thing

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
This is 100% intended and more than fair. I've had my gripes about the game but this shit is getting ridiculously out of hand at this point.

This is 100% intended and more than fair. I've had my gripes about the game but this shit is getting ridiculously out of hand at this point.
i didn't make the thread to complain telling them to remove it

i made it to see people's reaction about it so u can chill

what's the point of playing something and can't discuss it afterwards ????

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
i didn't make the thread to complain telling them to remove it

i made it to see people's reaction about it so u can chill

what's the point of playing something and can't discuss it afterwards ????

You also claimed the breakaway was useless because of this, which it's not.

You also claimed the breakaway was useless because of this, which it's not.
if he has his fatal blow on and he's juggling using breakaway is useless because he'll counter it pretty easily

when the next beta is out try it yourself we tried it and it was an easy counter that was my point

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Traditionally, super moves break armor in fighting games.

Fatal Blow is a super move.

Breakaway uses armor.

Seems fine to me.

one more thing forgot to mention of u juggle with skarlet 212 if u do 21 only and he breakaway d1 into fatal blow
breaks it as well

scorpion's fatal blow breaks it when you're almost on the ground as well so it's pretty tough

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
but if they just removed breakaway and added breakers again isn't that just better ?
no. The breaker system is at no risk to you and it encouraged a lot of sloppy play because players were more willing to do random shit because they knew they would be able to break. despite all the talk about breakaways it's still the attackers advantage. if you breakaway and your opponent didn't commit to a high recovery move then they're standing on top of you with no wakeup options and you basically get to do whatever you want

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
so after playing the stress beta we all hated how u can breakaway and punish people when they're doing a combo on you but there's another thing i found out which i think is annoying as well and wanted to see your opinion about it
Speak for yourself, I think it's a good mechanic.

Only made better with Fatal Blow adding in more counterplay.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
You know, I thought the breakaway system was pretty smart. I was able to bait out my opponents breakaway and apply a fifty fifty on their recovery.

Then I watched Ketchup and Mustard. I forget who was Scorpion but he did breakaway constantly and Baraka couldnt confirm into damage at all. Then when Scorpion took over, he also did no damage whatsoever, so a lot of the rounds were just total slogs. They kept winning neutral, but they got no damage or oki

I actually enjoyed the break away meta and how the resource recharges. Having to be comfortable with confirming mid combo in order to capitalize against break away was fun.

The alternative of breakers was a one way action and disregards any action of the attacker. At least with break away we can adapt to it to create pressure and fun plays to watch.

I've always hated the discounted nature of breakers. This mechanic is a lot more fluid and requires more effort from the players to make reactionary choices.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I actually enjoyed the break away meta and how the resource recharges. Having to be comfortable with confirming mid combo in order to capitalize against break away was fun.

The alternative of breakers was a one way action and disregards any action of the attacker. At least with break away we can adapt to it to create pressure and fun plays to watch.

I've always hated the discounted nature of breakers. This mechanic is a lot more fluid and requires more effort from the players to make reactionary choices.
Looking forward to facing you. Hope you're getting it on PC.

Breakaway works exactly how it should be IMO. I like that it has its own mind game. If you launch your opponent, you have to watch out for how many meters your opponent has. If he breaks, he'll lose wake up options, basically all his defensive options. It has 30+ seconds cooldown so it's NOT free and you can punish it with a Fatal Blow if you're low on health.

If you're the launched one and you really feel like breakers are not needed because damage is not so bad you can hold onto your meter and you can even bait an intentional kombo drop from your opponent. Best part is you have to think.

To be honest, I'm amazed how top players are like 'Yeah, footsies!' and 'Yeah, neutral!' then they complain about not being able to score crazy damage all the time. Anything that prevents us to go full rushdown all the time and makes us think more is a welcome change in my book.

And I fully agree on that we should wait for lab time and tournament experience before we make NRS to change the new mechanics.

I can't live through another PC launch will be going PS4. @GLoRToR . Even though PC recording and video quality is superior, player base still favors PS4 and tournaments aren't ready for PC swap yet. Could you imagine the PC money for tournaments?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I can't live through another PC launch will be going PS4. @GLoRToR . Even though PC recording and video quality is superior, player base still favors PS4 and tournaments aren't ready for PC swap yet. Could you imagine the PC money for tournaments?
On the long run you can plug a controller into both a pc and a console so there is little difference. I wish crossplay was possible, still.
Fair enough. Sale exists, hoping to see you on there eventually anyway.