What's new

Another Possible Leak (KP2) [Potential Spoilers]

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
As always, take this with a grain of salt. A thread was posted on GameFaqs, which has now since been removed that stated Kombat Pack 2 would be as follows:

• FUJIN
  • SHEEVA
  • ASH WILLIAMS
  • DOOM GUY
  • HAVIK
  • PYRAMID HEAD
Aside from Fujin and maybe Havik, although I never cared for the character initially, if this ended up being the actual KP2, I wouldn't be too excited. Pyramid Head? Come on....

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Aside from Pyramid Head (and maybe Havik), all the others are safe bets. Not really impressed.

I just don't see Pyramid Head being even remotely relevant in this day and age. Silent Hill is a dead IP and there's no reason at all to go into all the trouble with Konami for his P.Head's sake.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Also, can someone explain the appeal to Doomguy to me. I've seen him mentioned a few different times. He just looks so bland.
He's an alpha male space marine who rips demons in half with his bare hands, tears out their hearts and shoves them down their throats, jumps on their heads and squashes them … he's an absolute beast of carnage and mayhem who (unlike the Joker) can actually perform fatalities which would make the MK cast go 'Hooooly shit …'

And he's too much of a badass to speak. When a monitor flashes on to give him exposition, he simply smashes it to shut the voice the f*&k up.

Last edited:
He's an alpha male space marine who rips demons in half with his bare hands, tears out their hearts and shoves them down their throats, jumps on their heads and squashes them … he's an absolute beast of carnage and mayhem who (unlike the Joker) can actually perform fatalities which would make the MK cast go 'Hooooly shit …'

And he's too much of a badass to speak. When a monitor flashes on to give him exposition, he simply smashes it to shut the voice up.
Plus he likes Lola Bunny rabbits. He is the ultimate badass.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Also, can someone explain the appeal to Doomguy to me. I've seen him mentioned a few different times. He just looks so bland.
It's less about how he looks and more about how he behaves and how the lore of Doom 2016 hypes him up so much. This is a man that Hell itself is absolutely terrified of. If Hell is the dinosaurs, he's the meteor, if that makes sense. An utterly relentless force that complemented the game's fast paced action perfectly and who would likely fit in with MK as well.

There's just something very fascinating about a character who's able to express so much character and aggression without uttering a single word. I think that's part of why he caught on so much. That, and Doom 2016 is just a really fucking good game.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
  1. Ash and Doomguy too similar, both chainsaws and shotguns. Easy solution is to remove ash forever and just put in doomguy.
  2. Konami doesn't play nice with anyone when it comes to their IP's, and Pyramid head has effectively no cultural cache compared to a billion other horror characters. Most people who play MK will probably never even have heard of him.
So yeah, list fake.