What's new

Another Nightwolf Confirmation for Tomorrow (with an outro)

So if you look right below this post, you'll see that Ed Boon teased out some Nightwolf information to come tomorrow. Today, he reaffirmed their plans for that Nightwolf reveal/showing, but this time, he posted an outro for the character. If that interests you, and if you have 11 seconds, watch below!

In the tweet we also get a bit of pleasant transparency, getting some acknowledgement that the information dry spell has been bothering people, but they are doing what they can. Might be a WB issue, might be a crunch issue, might be a clandestine shadow government issue, who's to say? But it was very much appreciated to hear that NRS is understanding the concerns.

Comments

People just want to talk shit about NRS and call them money-grabbing whatever and that they don't care about customers. This just shows you there's shit ton of stuff that happens behind the scenes and not just NRS not giving a shit.
One thing I've learned through all of these threads over the last few weeks is that many people here truly do not understand business, despite liking to go on in a fashion as if they do.

NetherRealm Studios is a company the develops fantastic games (in my opinion) and continually shows they do listen to their customer base. You can see that by roster and character inclusions in future titles, gameplay changes and enhancements, heck, even delaying of balancing is something fans were screaming for with Mortal Kombat X, asking for months to allow meta to settle.

I have faith they'll deliver, and that they want to do more. But decisions aren't necessarily up to them. That's business since they're not independent.

One thing I've learned through all of these threads over the last few weeks is that many people here truly do not understand business, despite liking to go on in a fashion as if they do.

NetherRealm Studios is a company the develops fantastic games (in my opinion) and continually shows they do listen to their customer base. You can see that by roster and character inclusions in future titles, gameplay changes and enhancements, heck, even delaying of balancing is something fans were screaming for with Mortal Kombat X, asking for months to allow meta to settle.

I have faith they'll deliver, and that they want to do more. But decisions aren't necessarily up to them. That's business since they're not independent.
yep, they're like an angry dog that want to deliver, but has some a-hole in the other tip of the leash, just holding them up, hehe :joker:

I'm guessing WB's involved with any delays. So they want the game out by a certain date to meet an arbitrary financial quarter mark, which forces them to rush, and then they want to structure the DLC to come out in line with more financial quarter nonsense. And I'm sure the guest characters come into play, Spawn/Terminator/Ash need to come out to advertise for their various projects coming out. Either way, it was definitely cool for Ed to acknowledge the wait

WB gaming and the studio trying line up it marketing with its movies .. but come on now
But the movie isn't coming out until 2022, right? I can't really line the DLC up with that.

I do think that he's saying it's WB's fault, though. I'm just not sure about the movie being the reason why WB is doing what they're doing.

I'm guessing WB's involved with any delays. So they want the game out by a certain date to meet an arbitrary financial quarter mark, which forces them to rush, and then they want to structure the DLC to come out in line with more financial quarter nonsense. And I'm sure the guest characters come into play, Spawn/Terminator/Ash need to come out to advertise for their various projects coming out. Either way, it was definitely cool for Ed to acknowledge the wait
yep, agreed with .... is just WB putting their "big boss in charge" agenda on MK11 project, and doing what any crap evil souless capitalist big corporation does: being assholes, hehe .... :p

anyway, good to know that Ed came public and let we know we will have Nightwolf tomorrow , at least, the trailer .... so, OK then :)

I do think that he's saying it's WB's fault, though. I'm just not sure about the movie being the reason why WB is doing what they're doing.
That's entirely possible as well. WBIE might want everything released ASAP as well, but there's some other kind of snag holding things up. Heck, could be issues with Sony and or Microsoft for all we know, and they have to wait since they need to release everything for all four platforms at once.

Could be a host of other things.

yep, agreed with .... is just WB putting their "big boss in charge" agenda on MK11 project, and doing what any crap evil souless capitalist big corporation does: being assholes, hehe .... :p
Here's the other side of this coin: for those who didn't know, WBIE bought the Mortal Kombat franchise and hired on many of the former Midway team members after Midway went bust.

Since then, every Mortal Kombat game released has been excellent, while prior, the last several games in the franchise, all under Midway, were not so good.

WBIE saved the franchise, many of the core team members, and have properly funded them to make the fantastic games we love. Those are all fantastic things.