What's new

Tech Another Arrow Trap by LOTF

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I think all arrows are either 0 or +1 on crouch block and standing are like +3. I can't tell exactly obviously but the jump method shows there's advantage. While all the arrows I think are the same on block the ones with slower travel speed will actually give more advantage. Like Ice arrow will give more advantage than anything because you have more time to recover before the arrow hits.

7L

Heads up!
here are ones I would like to know right off the bat

Forward dash duration- like from the start right to when you can hit the first normal

Back Dash - Frame duration - tough to find out invulnerable frames

Normal Arrow on Hit standing
Normal Arrow on block standing

Normal Low Arrow on Hit
Normal Low Arrow on Block

Over Head normal Arrow on hit

Electric Arrow stagger frames on hit

Electric and Fire on block (is there a difference from normal?)

and just for fun, how many frames does it take electric to cross the screen?

I'm still convinced that normal arrow and elect arrow are the same advantage on hit. It only seems like more for elect because of the back stagger.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm still convinced that normal arrow and elect arrow are the same advantage on hit. It only seems like more for elect because of the back stagger.
I'm convinced electric has less advantage.

Jump test said so when last I tested it, but that was a while ago.

Unfortunately arrow trap doesn't work well with electric arrows unless in corner

Reactions: 7L

Scoot Magee

I'm convinced electric has less advantage.

Jump test said so when last I tested it, but that was a while ago.

Unfortunately arrow trap doesn't work well with electric arrows unless in corner
Good thing about lighting arrows is that you get big advantage regardless of it being high, low or overhead.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Ive been using @7L tech on f2d13 arrow for pressure that is like superman f23 breath.

For those that don't know, the green arrow is + and with the overhead forcing them to stand block, the arrow leaves you at enough + frames where f2 catches them pressing buttons.

So I find that this works fairly well if they are only blocking. When they let go of block on the overhead or guess wrong and the overhead hits, the green arrow pushes them away and knocks them down doing negligible damage.

To improve this I have been using the electric arrow for the same purpose. If Arrow is going to rushdown against a seasoned opponent who knows how to block and they only use ice arrow, you end your pressure if they guess correctly the first time. This means if they guess wrong the second time you miss an opportunity because of the green arrow.

In the same situation if you use electric arrow you get a juggle followup for higher damage (20s to mid 30s depending on meter). Not only that, but electric arrows are great zoning tools as well so your offense and strike timing can be more selective.

This has always been my problem with ice arrow. It relies on the opponent guessing wrong the first time. Against someone who can block, electric IMO is more effective.

Thoughts?

7L

Heads up!
f2d13 standing arrow is so fun. You need to start stutter stringing the f2 then. Do f2d13, standing arrow, f2 f2 f2d13. They won't poke you back in fear of the full string and it'll catch them jumping out/backdashing so you can react accordingly. Catching a f2 on a jumping opponent is great because you can get a 111 to slide in and still have knockdown pressure on them.

The only place where this won't work is parry characters, they'll just parry the next f2 on reaction.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
f2d13 standing arrow is so fun. You need to start stutter stringing the f2 then. Do f2d13, standing arrow, f2 f2 f2d13. They won't poke you back in fear of the full string and it'll catch them jumping out/backdashing so you can react accordingly. Catching a f2 on a jumping opponent is great because you can get a 111 to slide in and still have knockdown pressure on them.

The only place where this won't work is parry characters, they'll just parry the next f2 on reaction.
ok...I didn't know about the 111 slide. Have you messed with the electric arrow version of this?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
That's only on the f2d13 normal arrow. The stun for electric is different because it travels faster. I can look at some things though
hmmmm. let me now if viable. I'll only test online so I'll never really know. But if you say so

Scoot Magee

There's a lot of shit that can beat a follow up f2 after f2d13 arrow, d1 is a real frame trap so that works good in that sense. F2 is great for whiff punishing after f2d13xx arrow though.

Doing a raw f2 into another or any other useful string for the situation is good as 7L said. I use that a lot to try and open people up. The F2 leaves you at a good range on block to follow up with another pretty safely.

Electric arrows are actually really good. Use 1 to get in and the other in your pressure. F2d13 xx electric arrow and f2d1 MB slide is a true 50/50 on top of that. Green arrow has low damage on combo's so I'll gladly take 15% for 1 bar and a nice push toward the corner.

Scoot Magee

They can't parry on reaction, it's really just a guess that you can bait out and punish. Also if predictable with f2 characters like Aquaman can d2 in between with pretty much no risk at all.