What's new

Angry Joe's ''Angry Rant'' and First Impressions on Street Fighter V

The casual voice matters.

They make up 90% of sales and keep the game existing. It is extremely evident that the hardcore market were unable to keep Capcom from being in serious financial trouble during the days of SF4. It took Sony to reach into their deep pockets to get SFV off the ground. This attitude is unhealthy for the game IMO.
the casual voice matters from a money standpoint, that's it. It's completely irrelevant when you're talking about a games quality, it's entirely possible that the lead developers care more about a quality competitive product than they do a casual cash cow.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
the casual voice matters from a money standpoint, that's it. It's completely irrelevant when you're talking about a games quality, it's entirely possible that the lead developers care more about a quality competitive product than they do a casual cash cow.
If you think having basic modes that every fighting game has as a base is a "cash cow" then I really don't know what to tell you.

If you think having basic modes that every fighting game has as a base is a "cash cow" then I really don't know what to tell you.
i still don't see the problem. Those modes are coming and I greatly prefer this release to having to wait till march to buy the game. Capcom had a shitty choice to make, but I appreciate that they chose the FGC over the casual community.

PND_Ketchup

i still don't see the problem. Those modes are coming and I greatly prefer this release to having to wait till march to buy the game. Capcom had a shitty choice to make, but I appreciate that they chose the FGC over the casual community.
I highly doubt it was a choice. The game HAD to be out at the start of 2016 so they could start the CPT.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
KI and SFV have entirely different reasons as to why the games are the way they are.

SFV follows an early access model but charges a AAA price tag, which is no doubt very confusing to the casual fans that picked it up expecting it to be like every other previous SF title they'd bought in the past.

KI followed the early access model but understood that, so they only charged you £15 for the Combo Breaker pack, which was everything you could have needed to play the game to its fullest, then KI Season 2 comes out following the same business model, but once again charged us another £15 for the full pack of S2 characters and the modes that came with it. For Season 1 and 2 for KI you paid £20 less than what you paid for SFV.

KI's price tag made sense, SFV's does not.

Let's not forget that both games have Microtransactions too, I've always found Free to play shenanigans in a full retail priced game to be extremely annoying.
Don´t forget the entire KI season 1 was FREE last month...

Element_

The First Element
Just a question here guy's because i'm curious. Has this actually got 16 playable characters? And Marvel Vs Capcom 2 had 56 or something...

The casual voice matters.

They make up 90% of sales and keep the game existing. It is extremely evident that the hardcore market were unable to keep Capcom from being in serious financial trouble during the days of SF4. It took Sony to reach into their deep pockets to get SFV off the ground. This attitude is unhealthy for the game IMO.
It is street fighter. Casuals are not abandoned. All the normal casuals are going to be catered for. This game is going to last the next 10 years and have like 40 playable characters by the end of it. The game will have every feature people are complaining about and more. This is just a release of the engine itself. Designed specifically for the tournament scene and those people that just can not wait.

No one is forcing people to buy this game, and Capcom is not exactly hiding anything. They publicly stated that this was a early release to kick off the competitive scene.

I'm sick of all these self entitled children waxing on about how they "deserve" to be treated better. What a load of bullshit. The game is what it is, and it is destine to be one of the great fighting games of the next decade. Capcom now what they are doing and have very good reasons for this release to be what it is. This is what Joe can not ever understand as he is a mouthpiece for the every selfish and childish foot stomping tantrum cry baby in the gaming scene.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'd say he rants about lots of things hence his channel name but pretty much seeing as how everyone is pissed at Capcom right now...

I'll say this much, those people month ago ripping into NRS cause of the PC gig can't say shit now with the whole "Capcom treats their fans so much better" yeah my ass lol.

At first when I read it was just coming out for PS4 and PC I was upset a little having Xbox, Nintendo and a 3DS but now seems apparently I didn't miss anything. I'll stick to MK X now for sure.

This guy also sums it up pretty well. He also suggests Capcom should make all their DLC free because of this shit but we all know they won't do that.

PND_Ketchup

It is street fighter. Casuals are not abandoned. All the normal casuals are going to be catered for. This game is going to last the next 10 years and have like 40 playable characters by the end of it. The game will have every feature people are complaining about and more. This is just a release of the engine itself. Designed specifically for the tournament scene and those people that just can not wait.

No one is forcing people to buy this game, and Capcom is not exactly hiding anything. They publicly stated that this was a early release to kick off the competitive scene.

I'm sick of all these self entitled children waxing on about how they "deserve" to be treated better. What a load of bullshit. The game is what it is, and it is destine to be one of the great fighting games of the next decade. Capcom now what they are doing and have very good reasons for this release to be what it is. This is what Joe can not ever understand as he is a mouthpiece for the every selfish and childish foot stomping tantrum cry baby in the gaming scene.
Absolutely nowhere on the Steam page for SFV does it mention that the game little content day one and is receiving fundamental modes it should already have in updates in later months.

If I were a fan of Street Fighter but didn't browse the internet for forums or blogs, I'd go by what's written on the Steam advertisement page and expect a full game.

I think your branding of unhappy customers is extremely unfair. You're making out like everyone that is unhappy with what they got for the cash they spent is some kind of ungrateful child.

It actually blows my mind that people don't see where casual fans are coming from.

again...you should watch this one instead

I think your branding of unhappy customers is extremely unfair. You're making out like everyone that is unhappy with what they got for the cash they spent is some kind of ungrateful child.
That is exactly what I am saying.

What kind of moron buys a product without taking 5 minuets to look at what it is that is being sold. An idiot that is who. we are not talking about people that do not like the game, the game is near universally praised for the engine and gameplay. We are talking about people that want more than the game is offering.

PND_Ketchup

That is exactly what I am saying.

What kind of moron buys a product without taking 5 minuets to look at what it is that is being sold. An idiot that is who. we are not talking about people that do not like the game, the game is near universally praised for the engine and gameplay. We are talking about people that want more than the game is offering.
So you've never bought a game without extensively searching the internet to find out every possible little piece of small print?

If you go by the trailers and blurb on the store screen (which is definitely more than enough to go by for any other game), you wouldn't know.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
again...you should watch this one instead
I like Max. But he lost me when he said SFV mistake was getting rid of the 1 frame links to cater to casuals and the combo system now is boring. Like KI combos aren't easy or MKX combos. Then he refers himself as a hardcore SF player. That's when I knew he just trying to make views. You are not hardcore Max you are casual who channel is made for the Casuals.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Ive literally only bought any kind of fighting game and some select shooters JUST FOR ONLINE PLAY.
A lot of people are like this.
Ive never played a Battlefield story line...Never a black ops story line. Played on SF4 because I wanted skins..
Hell uMvC3 didnt have a story lol.
Im fine with this game period.