What's new

Angola Brasil and US can now play online fighting games just fine

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Angola has recently received an Internet buff, we got an cable which has a direct line with Brasil, which in consequence also get us close to United states.

its estimated that now we should be able to play Brasil and Americans at will.

My old Internet Modem which i used to test MKXL online under worse conditions, allowed me to play MKXL with acceptable pings even though not great but acceptable ones.

Plugged today and updated to 4G and now, with the new SFV patch, i'm finally able to play Brasilians from 3 to 5 bars and Americans so far to 3 bars, though i have faced lag spikes, and delays, the experience has been acceptable and enjoyable enough to actually consider online services as something worth spending money on.

Other good positive point is, to play MKXL i had to play over night from 12AM to 6AM which is where everyone was already resting and not over using data.

Currently, i wokeup and played SFV a game i couldn't even stay connected online to play and was a waste luckly i didn't paid for it, and played for about 3 long hours just fine to the point i felt tired and the game was still ready for more
Managed to play Tekken with 1 bar too in Ranked (never happened before from home).

This got me thinking, By the time NRS decides to work on a future MK game, considering they have the best possible net code right now, it would be interesting to see new horizons and experience some play with overseas brothers which i always expected to do so from the past 7 years.

At least, it seems my new President its really working hard, so really happy, and good to know i shall be able to play against anyone in a near future.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Eddy, I bet you are as happy as kid in candy store right now!

You should send him a postcard imprinted with MK logo on it :)

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Isn't Brazil falling into anarchy at the moment? Seems every day there is a new crazy story of violence, civil unrest and near fascist politicians.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
what does that has to do with them having a good relationship with us and US
isn't that how conversations work? You say things, it triggers thoughts in other people and they respond? Sorry to try chatting with you.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
isn't that how conversations work? You say things, it triggers thoughts in other people and they respond? Sorry to try chatting with you.
Nah man, we gud.
Brasil is indeed currently a mess, but the only people who can solve the mess its brasilian themselves, we can't do anything about politicians and stuff, its fucked.

I honestly dunno who the best canditate for them is, we had our own dose of bullshit as well, the election was cheated, the MPLA wanted to win at all cost, they did, but the biggest cliffhanger in history of politics also happened, their PR candiate its their worst enemy, its might not be the pesident the MPLA wants right now, but is the one Angola needs it, to put it in simple way.

Now brasil its on a whole different level.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Awesome! I hope you can finally compete in ESL when MK11 comes out! If there is anything close to a hattrick variation, then people need to see you!

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Realistically, we'll never have a great connection from US to Africa just based purely on distance and the time it takes data to travel that distance.

The important thing here is that your internet has been upgraded and you can connect with more players and get better ping. The lag spikes are probably due to Wifi. Try to go wired if possible.