What's new

Ancestral Gift really needs some love

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
This is the problem, it doesnt suck at all (I MAIN NW IM NOT TROLLING SO DONT EVEN TRY) what you really mean is you want more OPTIONS (which i have been saying since day one).
Understand that NW is a very dry and he similar to baraka with movement and fundamentals so the core will never change but let me address your points.

1.) thats 18% damage for one string, you are out of your mind especially for someone who has the tools for ALL areas
2.) once again you want 25% damage (1/4th of health) for a string, and i dont get hjow you guys say you want more depth yet all your suggestion limit it.
3.) Command grab is command grab it doesnt need to be completely broken (unless you can show this is something other character have across the board ill have no issue then)
4.)31 tick would be way too broken considering how good the recovery is on it

Ill post my ideas in a second

Last edited:

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
I dont actually think he needs any buffs but heres what id do:
  1. his b2 should have way better recovery so he can atleast to a jump punch into a string
  2. he gets a tick grab off 22 (slow recovery, cant jail it, and high)
honestly idk what else because he has a reflect and new strings, maybe one of them could give a pop up at the max.

If you add too much you will be right back here saying how broken he is lol

Hell for a universal buff for the whole game i think all cancels should allow for combos, that in itself would boost him

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
This is the problem, it doesnt suck at all (I MAIN NW IM NOT TROLLING SO DONT EVEN TRY) what you really mean is you want more OPTIONS (which i have been saying since day one).
Understand that NW is a very dry and he similar to baraka with movement and fundamentals so the core will never change but let me address your points.

1.) thats 18% damage for one string, you are out of your mind especially for someone who has the tools for ALL areas
2.) once again you want 25% damage (1/4th of health) for a string, and i dont get hjow you guys say you want more depth yet all your suggestion limit it.
3.) Command grab is command grab it doesnt need to be completely broken (unless you can show this is something other character have across the board ill have no issue then)
4.)31 tick would be way too broken considering how good the recovery is on it

Ill post my ideas in a second
I also main NW, Shaman and Matoka Warrior shit on this variation IMO.

1: This gives him a punishment dynamic come on bruh lol. Tools that become useless after the KB is spent are wack.

2: Yes I do. This normal is stubby af, it'd just be a block punish and it would work against few things. Chill out.

3: It's a high command grab which can be hella OS'd against opposed to the mid ones. I LIKE having mid or high command throws, but the high ones need to be buffer than the mid ones to compensate IMO.

4: 31 tick would have synergy. It'd be 31~throw or 312 for the KB.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I think Ancestral Gift is very good. May not be very popular but it adds KB's and has a counter zoning TP.
Its literally a better version of Kano in every way.
Has tools for nearly everything and its stagger/Grappler/KB's
You don't need to do more than 18-20% since his damage comes from CMD Grabs and KB's.
Its a solid character base.

This variation can't be below mid tier and imo you don't have to buff mid tier grapplers.