What's new

Analyzing Community Matches?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I know this has been talked about before, but never really done. But since I got my YT channel back and running, would people be interested in getting me (for now) to analyze their match and give them pointers? I ain't the best player in the world but I'm really good at doing that specifically. And I already been doing that with my own matches on my channel for a bit now.

It would be a nice way to engage the community, improve and even play together if the timezones align perfectly with the sun and the planets and the moon (idk man).

Anyways, let me know if y'all would be interested and you can send me your nudes.

You’ve already did a written one for me and I have a lot to work on, but this is a great idea!

Do you mind plugging a link to your YouTube so I can see some of the ones you’ve already done? Generally, these help me out a lot.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
You’ve already did a written one for me and I have a lot to work on, but this is a great idea!

Do you mind plugging a link to your YouTube so I can see some of the ones you’ve already done? Generally, these help me out a lot.
here's the playlist of the ones I did

I know this has been talked about before, but never really done. But since I got my YT channel back and running, would people be interested in getting me (for now) to analyze their match and give them pointers? I ain't the best player in the world but I'm really good at doing that specifically. And I already been doing that with my own matches on my channel for a bit now.

It would be a nice way to engage the community, improve and even play together if the timezones align perfectly with the sun and the planets and the moon (idk man).

Anyways, let me know if y'all would be interested and you can send me your nudes.
I got one I'd like to send in. I'm super rusty but I feel confident enough to show my lack of skill. How do I submit it to your YouTube channel? Or do I just post the link here

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I got one I'd like to send in. I'm super rusty but I feel confident enough to show my lack of skill. How do I submit it to your YouTube channel? Or do I just post the link here
Whatever is more simple for you! If you can upload it in relatively good quality like 720p on Youtube then I'll use that, if not, then send it to me as an email: [email protected]

I'd appreciate all feedback
Didn't have to spend the fatal blow in round 1 since 212 or another spear would've ended the round anyways.

At the end of round 3 you did a crossup jump kick into the corner, which usually is a bad idea because if they fb or just block it, well you're in the corner.
Anyways you hit it luckily and basically had the match. I suppose you tried to hit confirm it into hellport amp but got the interactable instead.
Should always input bf1 after a jump kick. It's a really dumb os where if you input a grounded special after a jump attack, the grounded special only comes out on hit and never on block.

Those were the biggest blunders I've seen from watching it once.

Also after watching the analysis:

f34 is -7. You can only b1 or walk back and b1, if the other guy has shown that he's not using advancing moves or long range d4s to challenge you right away. In the Scorpion mirror for example after every blocked f34 you can challenge with your own f3 and if they do anything but block you get a counter hit or even a full combo when they try to jump.

Also at one point dude gets his f423 blocked. First off that string is trash and we still do it because some people miss the punish and you get a free d2 kb. Since the guy used a slower mid that can't punish it, you got counterhit though. I'd just not do that string or at least cancel into the low or the mid after f4 in that variation since there's a flawless block gap in it that good players just fb and everyone else stands up to block the overhead and could get clipped if you cancel into the low.

If you cancel into the misery blade mid, you might fuck up his flawless block attempt timing on the overhead.

Oh yeah also stay alert whenever you use f3 on somebodies wakeup. You can confirm somebody getting hit out of trying to jump on wakeup into a full combo with either 11xxspear or d1 spear.

Last edited:
Funnily enough I’ve been watching an Overwatch YouTube series where the guy commentates and gives feedback over play submitted matches. They are fantastic to watch and learn from.

I don’t have the knowledge and experience, but something like this could work well as a YouTube series... especially if it brought along newer players.

Maybe people could submit their Kombat league matches which you commentated/feedback over?