What's new

An honest look at Scarecrow

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
also the majority of your post just there was just listing Catwoman's universal strengths, with no reason given that it makes the SC mu any harder than it does for anyone else, while not listing any of SC's strengths. It's a pretty great example of what I'm talking about here.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
I absolutely do not trust anything a Scarecrow player has to say about that character and nobody should. Nothing personal. But your community has trashed its reputation entirely and even the ones of you who didn't contribute that too few of you actually spoke against the horrendous downplay happening every single time that character was mentioned
We didn't have time, too busy actually playing the character to be captain save-a-hoe for the "Scarecrow community," if there even is such a thing.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Props to whiteboi for winning with a bottom 5 character - please stop disrespecting whiteboi's masterful performance by pretending the character is good now. Joker didn't move up the tier list bc sonic beat forever king's batman. Years from now tym will vindicate my scarecrow tier placement but alas as Professor X said himself, "Sometimes the mind needs to discover things for itself."
I'm coming at this as a Canary player; does Black Canary have a bunch of weaknesses? Hell yeah, that's why every player we saw on stream switched to a secondary. Do you see the Canary community placing her as bottom five? No, because we (not necessarily me, but like, good players) took some time to work out her tools to see what she can do.

God Confirm

We didn't have time, too busy actually playing the character to be captain save-a-hoe for the "Scarecrow community," if there even is such a thing.
if you aren't part of the people who posts on here about your character because you are too busy playing, then it shouldn't bother you that I don't read posts from you about your character.

:confused:

my post is directed to the people who DO have time to post on TYM, posted in the Scarecrow downplay threads, and still didn't say anything about the state of the downplay. Aka, the Scarecrow TYM community.

Last edited:

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
if you aren't part of the people who posts on here about your character because you are too busy playing, then it shouldn't bother you that I don't read posts from you about your character.

:confused:

my post is directed to the people who DO have time to post on TYM, posted in the Scarecrow downplay threads, and still didn't say anything about the state of the downplay. Aka, the Scarecrow TYM community.
Asserting that it's even an issue at all feels like a strawman to me....

wait....

strawman....

Scarecrow.... he is a strawman....

Oh shit.

God Confirm

Asserting that it's even an issue at all feels like a strawman to me....

wait....

strawman....

Scarecrow.... he is a strawman....

Oh shit.
isn't a strawman me inventing or twisting words into a statement that you guys never made, for me to use to debate against instead of what you are actually saying?

because I'd say I'm doing the opposite of that. I'm complaining that you guys didn't say nothing at all, so now I won't debate with any of you when it comes to that character. Nothing makes me discount an opinion on Scarecrow quicker than seeing that sunset mood choser above the name

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I know you like to whine about the Catwoman mu but Whiteboi 3-0'd the best Catwoman in top 16. I don't understand why a character that doesn't play keep-away at all would be a problem for him.
It's very hard to get in on her as Scarecrow. She can low profile and backdash a lot of his stuff. I already stated my reasons above. There's no reason to attack me for stating my opinion.
Also i know maybe this is hard for you to accept but Semiij made a lot of mistakes playing that matchup. But sense you're all ganging up on me i'll assume the next you're gonna say is that Crow beats Batman too since Whiteboi beat Forever King lol

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I believe he is around 12 or so.

Lets do a quick top8 list (in order):

1- Black Adamn
2- Aquaman
3- Deadshot
4/5- Superman and Atrocitus (really don't here)
6- Batman
7- Catwoman
8- Harley Quinn

This is the solid top8 chars that I think it's right.

After that we can get 12 more in the gray area (no particularly order):

Darkseid
Green Arrow
Robin
Bane
Green Lantern
Scarecrow
Supergirl
Black Canary
Cheetah
Flash
Firestorm
Dr Fate

The bottom 9 might be like these (in order):

21- Poison Ivy
22- Joker
23- Cyborg
24- Wonder Woman
25- Grodd
26- Blue Beetle
27- Cap Cold
28- Brainiac
29- Swamp thing

I know this thread is not about this but the

Captain Cold Downplay needs to stop the more i use him the more i feel Im only struggling against AQ and Deadshot he goes toes with everyone else ( need to play more against Firestrom tho) but i second Scarecrow for AQ and BA also feel he is very solid u just need a ton of patience w/ and b on point with your footsies

P.S have you guys ever played Crow against Cold? You have to hold a lot of shit including ice puddle , icecicles , very easy to build Colds trait in that matchup , he is one of the few characters that can anti air Scarecrow jump normals for gods sake! Don't believe everything you read on Cold

Also I might post some Crow vs. Cold so u guys can check it out

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Damn, I don't get on the site for a few weeks and we've descended into anarchy after that huge CEO win.

How the Hell are some of you coming in trashing the character? You're either not playing him well enough or have your head stuck in the sand.

Sorry if this revives the thread, but who cares what tier placement Crow is? He's a blast to play, has a ton of great tools, and has been proven to be able to win if you play well.

What's funny is that I've seen a ton of Scarecrow mirror matches this past week, and my Crow has yet to play the same as someone else's Crow. There's some good room for individualization.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
LOL people thinking scarecrow is top tier.

Here's a sugestion: actually buy the game and play it and get a clue.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
People still thinking scarecrow struggles with zoning. Insane range on j2. Insane range on f2, just block one fireball and it's your turn to do f2, he also low profiles everything, including 99% of Doctor Fate fireballs. Also has a move that destroys projectiles. Mb f3 to armor through projectiles for combo and a freaking teleport. Oh also a full screen combo special that catches fireballs.

Seriously the crying needs to stop. Getting zoned out with scarecrow is a player problem not a character one, 95% of people seem to make that mistake...

Git gud.

Edit: no character that wins a major tournament gets zoned out too badly, just stop

M.D.

People still thinking scarecrow struggles with zoning. Insane range on j2. Insane range on f2, just block one fireball and it's your turn to do f2, he also low profiles everything, including 99% of Doctor Fate fireballs. Also has a move that destroys projectiles. Mb f3 to armor through projectiles for combo and a freaking teleport. Oh also a full screen combo special that catches fireballs.

Seriously the crying needs to stop. Getting zoned out with scarecrow is a player problem not a character one, 95% of people seem to make that mistake...

Git gud.

Edit: no character that wins a major tournament gets zoned out too badly, just stop
Just the fact that you mentioned teleport as actually viable against zoners in this game is enough to prove that you haven't touched scarecrow at all or even tried what you preached yourself ;)

Just the fact that you mentioned teleport as actually viable against zoners in this game is enough to prove that you haven't touched scarecrow at all or even tried what you preached yourself ;)
Im no expert but Ive put a lot of time into Scarecrow and he can definitely handle zoning with some skill. Yea his port is weak against any kind of skilled player but sometimes if you make the right reads you can get a free combo, such as Batman MB df1.

Scarecrows f133 can low profile some projectiles and goes full screen. As far as Im concerned its his bread and butter, straight up. I usually go in with d13 and cancel into MB db2 for safe block pressure. Heck even whiffing the combo is a great way to close the space between him and the opponent. His ability to eat projectiles can take away some options for zoners at times. Ive had players either be forced to come in after Ive displayed that their projectiles fail or Ive caught them trying to meter burn it to land a hit only for me to either port behind them and get a free combo or to take some damage in exchange for the using up their meter.

I think Scarecrows main point is to control the battlefield at all times, tbh honest I consider him a true 'zoning' character like Sinestro was in IGAU. Seems like the use of the term has changed slightly to 'spamming projectiles' when it originally meant using long range attacks and field control to play keep away and punish when they get in too close.

Hes definitely not the best against zoning but hes far form the worst.

M.D.

It's not worst, but nobody will risk a f133 against fate or deadshot because the window is not viable at all and not consistent.
And the teleport will get you full 50% punish against good players.

I didn't say he was the worst, but he's not top tier by far.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Against all zoners? Teleport isn't good.

Against Superman/Red Hood/Harley/Characters with jump projectiles? Yea, it helps. Love catching Superman in air lasers, teleport behind, D2 into Restand and yea, it's good.

Scarecrow is good. Poo-poo him all you want, all that matters at the end of the day are the w's.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Uh if doctor fate does an orb, teleport behind and punish him you fool. This is just the response I excpected. Buff the teleport I can't do it right! It's not designed properly!

So I'm guessing you downplaying the teleport means your downplaying every other option scarecrow has against projectiles, which btw his options around projectiles are better than 90% of the cast

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Against all zoners? Teleport isn't good.

Against Superman/Red Hood/Harley/Characters with jump projectiles? Yea, it helps. Love catching Superman in air lasers, teleport behind, D2 into Restand and yea, it's good.

Scarecrow is good. Poo-poo him all you want, all that matters at the end of the day are the w's.
"An honest look at scarecrow" lul. we all know what this is

M.D.

Lol why would Fate do an orb when he can just destroy you with projectiles, it makes no sense.
Heey, I'm fate, let's do an orb to let the poor guy use his teleport and actually get to play .

Also non-braindead Fates do orb on knockdown, giving them 10 years to recover and punish your wakeup teleport.

Jugghead

Noob
I haven't played with Scarecrow, but I play against him a lot with Batman. Most games typically go as follows (somewhat in order):
  1. I zone him out with bararangs (normal and up)
  2. I build meter and trait
  3. With meter and trait, I go in with success
  4. MB F3 their wake-up into combo
  5. B11 DB2 MB into combo when they get sick of eating the F3 on wake-up
  6. Usually get a raw grapple into full combo
  7. If I have trait and they teleport I full combo
  8. I get a salty message after that I'm a spammer
I definitely lose to Scarecrow, especially when you get me trapped in a corner. The success/failure of this obviously depends on the player more than the match-up, especially how they can defend. From my experience, I think Batman has a great advantage over Scarecrow.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
Lol why would Fate do an orb when he can just destroy you with projectiles, it makes no sense.
Heey, I'm fate, let's do an orb to let the poor guy use his teleport and actually get to play .

Also non-braindead Fates do orb on knockdown, giving them 10 years to recover and punish your wakeup teleport.
Like I said scarecrow goes under 99% of my projectiles and he has f2 after a fireball from midscreen that's why. You're so garbage you think Fate doing an orb is me letting you win, no it's your characters toolset coming in to play. My god

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Whether Scarecrow's teleport sucks or not, most people with a zoning game cannot reliably keep him out. If you shoot air projectiles you better shoot your one or two before he is in striking distance with his vastly superior ground and air range. The only real zoner struggle should be Batman maybe Deadshot and maybe Darkseid but Blue Beetle, Cyborg, Harley Quinn, Fate among the majority of zoning game characters are not on the list. You walk, block and duck a little bit and you can start your game.