What's new

An honest look at Scarecrow

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
@Sultan @AA25Mamba

You both poise good points about scarecrow vs zoning and I certainly respect your ideas. Sorry for jumping out of the woodwork and ambushing the blatant downplayers but it gets really old.

I'd like to play you guys at some point so I can get some real, constructive scarecrow experience.

Also thank you for offering thoughtful honest discussion. God knows that rarely ever happens here
I'd love to play some games. And it's true that there's a handful of serious downplayers lurking so I get the reactivity from everyone. Especially in the first month people were trying to sell this idea that Scarecrow is bottom 5, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

He has the top tier grappler effect - does incredibly well vs most the cast, but a few characters keep him in check so it's easy to underestimate the character. Master's who handle the bad MUs well make a character like this one shine though. He definitely feels OP vs character that can't keep him out because of how potent his up close game is + his control over neutral game. If it wasn't for the aforementioned bad MU's, he would destroy the meta, imo.

Honestly the only zoners that I think give scarecrow much trouble are Deadshot because of his non existent recovery and Batman. Versus most zoners like Beetle or Cyborg you can just walk them into the corner or into f2 or j2 range and win.

Temetias

"MKX kid"
But then I read something like this. I swear if any of these people were my kids I'd take them out back and beat them with a rubber hose.

Disrespectful downplaying = average tym user
Wow. Did you even read my post? I'm not downplaying. I'm just pointing out that you're focusing on the wrong things. Yeah he's a strong character but not for the reasons you've been arguing.

I really don't appreciate how you just come attack with false facts and when someone points that out you take it personal. Grow up.

Havnt you crow players who actually enjoy him realized the amount of trolls on our forum... I think some people mad because they cant play him, which is why this "honest look thread" became what it is.

My honest look is:
I dont wanna down play or up play, I like the character, I stay passionate about who I main no matter where they are on the tier list. I was happy he didnt have an invincible wakeup initially because it forced me to adapt, and learn to use my tools more carefully. In the long run it was nice to see the character that I planned on maining all along win a tournament and see him played well. I never counter pick because I truly feel in my heart you can overcome some really bad matchups.

also, where did the passion go in the FGC, just feels like a bunch a "Meta Mongers" now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk