What's new

An Early Look At Red Hood (Breakdown Video) & Rising From The Pit Episode 1: Pressure & Defense

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Taken from my Red Hood Breakdown stream, I have a fairly lengthy talk about the character and my opinions on the character. Enjoy!

----

First video in a multipart series about Red Hood and what you should be doing in my opinion. Hope this is helpful!

@Crusty @REO @Other Red hood players, make yourselves known dammit so i can tag you!

Let me know what you think of the video! Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahem, I don't mean to interrupt the Swamp Thing talk, but I'd like to say your video was very useful. Especially your breakdown on his buttons and what to use in the neutral.

Thanks!

D. R.

Noob
Ground mine after 323 is guaranteed? The frame data makes it look like it wouldn't be, am I missing something?
You can get it out but there's nothing guaranteed afterward to maintain pressure. It's a gimmick outside of the corner. For the most part with any of his mine set ups for oki all the opponent has to do is jump back. They minimize if not negate any damage at all in doing so. Now if he could throw the mine closer to fullscreen distance then these setups would be hella viable as jumping back or backdashing would land the opponent right on top of it. I wanted his setups to function more like Hunter Predator along with MB mine at the least getting actual plus frames like +5 but NRS said "nah."

Oh well.

CrazyFingers

You can get it out but there's nothing guaranteed afterward to maintain pressure. It's a gimmick outside of the corner. For the most part with any of his mine set ups for oki all the opponent has to do is jump back. They minimize if not negate any damage at all in doing so. Now if he could throw the mine closer to fullscreen distance then these setups would be hella viable as jumping back or backdashing would land the opponent right on top of it. I wanted his setups to function more like Hunter Predator along with MB mine at the least getting actual plus frames like +5 but NRS said "nah."

Oh well.
if the opponent tries to jump you can actually just meaty them. you get button presses as long as they don't wakeup, but i guess misinformation is cool too.

EDIT: Oh wait midscreen? Who cares if he gets anything guaranteed midscreen? He doesn't need to get that midscreen, calm yourself.

Last edited:

D. R.

Noob
if the opponent tries to jump you can actually just meaty them. you get button presses as long as they don't wakeup, but i guess misinformation is cool too.

EDIT: Oh wait midscreen? Who cares if he gets anything guaranteed midscreen? He doesn't need to get that midscreen, calm yourself.
Oh man that ninja edit...

Yes midscreen. Reason I stated what I did is because a couple people have shared vids with me of I think it was Fox doing this tech midscreen like it was a thing. Lol No.

CrazyFingers

Oh man that ninja edit...

Yes midscreen. Reason I stated what I did is because a couple people have shared vids with me of I think it was Fox doing this tech midscreen like it was a thing. Lol No.
lol hey when i realize my mistakes i fix em. yea like, it has its uses but mostly it's just kind of...there. like sometimes you'll hit it and look like a cool guy but other times...nah.

D. R.

Noob
lol hey when i realize my mistakes i fix em. yea like, it has its uses but mostly it's just kind of...there. like sometimes you'll hit it and look like a cool guy but other times...nah.
I've been trying to optimize the spacing on wake up in the corner for mine to hit the opponent while they are in the counter animation while still giving the full damage. I've hit it but it's not consistent.

Something like this. Hard read but the payoff is definitely there against wake up happy opponents.

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I haven't watched yet, and I'm sure the quality of the content in the video is amazing, but I would suggest that in the future you limit yourself on time.

Tutorial-style videos should be no longer than 10 minutes imo (and I think a lot of people feel that way too). So, it might be beneficial in the future to try and plan the episodes out, and cut them down if need be, into 10 minute episodes.

Looking forward to watching when I get some time though.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I haven't watched yet, and I'm sure the quality of the content in the video is amazing, but I would suggest that in the future you limit yourself on time.

Tutorial-style videos should be no longer than 10 minutes imo (and I think a lot of people feel that way too). So, it might be beneficial in the future to try and plan the episodes out, and cut them down if need be, into 10 minute episodes.

Looking forward to watching when I get some time though.
When creating content, whether it be 1 big video or 4 smaller ones, its the same time needed by the audience to invest in. The best advice is to try to cut out as much fluff as possible and just demonstrate main points so that the video isn't bloated; this would obviously shorten the length anyway due to its concise nature.

The length of the video is moot, if people don't have the time for it then they probably aren't that interested in the first place.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
When creating content, whether it be 1 big video or 4 smaller ones, its the same time needed by the audience to invest in. The best advice is to try to cut out as much fluff as possible and just demonstrate main points so that the video isn't bloated; this would obviously shorten the length anyway due to its concise nature.

The length of the video is moot, if people don't have the time for it then they probably aren't that interested in the first place.
I couldn't disagree more tbh.

For example, my life is quite busy lately, so I don't really get a whole hour free to watch a video, so when I click on it and see 40+ minutes, I'm put off straight away.

But, if there had been 4 episodes, each 10 minutes long, I'd think "yeah cool, I'll watch one now, learn something, then watch another later".

And I'm sure SO many people will feel the same way as me. And I think it's part of the reason K&M are such great content creators, they get this concept