What's new

An Early Look At Red Hood (Breakdown Video) & Rising From The Pit Episode 1: Pressure & Defense

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I couldn't disagree more tbh.

For example, my life is quite busy lately, so I don't really get a whole hour free to watch a video, so when I click on it and see 40+ minutes, I'm put off straight away.

But, if there had been 4 episodes, each 10 minutes long, I'd think "yeah cool, I'll watch one now, learn something, then watch another later".

And I'm sure SO many people will feel the same way as me. And I think it's part of the reason K&M are such great content creators, they get this concept
Youtube remembers where you last left off on a video, so you can now start a video and leave whenever you need and come back to it later.

Problem solved.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Youtube remembers where you last left off on a video, so you can now start a video and leave whenever you need and come back to it later.

Problem solved.
No, not problem solved. Because going into it I don't know whether or not I'm going to get anything of value from the first 10 minutes, so I might not spend my time on it. Whereas, if it's an episode with a clear title, I'll give it a watch knowing exactly what I'll get out of those 10 minutes.

But this is not the point of this thread, so if you want to discuss it further PM me or create a separate thread.

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
First video in a multipart series about Red Hood and what you should be doing in my opinion. Hope this is helpful!

@Crusty @REO @Other Red hood players, make yourselves known dammit so i can tag you!

Let me know what you think of the video! Cheers!
Thanks for your video man! Some awesome tips in there that's helping my hood game big time. Earned a sub from me

Tweedy

Noob
When creating content, whether it be 1 big video or 4 smaller ones, its the same time needed by the audience to invest in. The best advice is to try to cut out as much fluff as possible and just demonstrate main points so that the video isn't bloated; this would obviously shorten the length anyway due to its concise nature.

The length of the video is moot, if people don't have the time for it then they probably aren't that interested in the first place.
Tbh every time you posted a Cyrax video on MKX I just skipped over it because it was too long. If your ramblings aren't Irishmantis quality then just get to the point.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Tbh every time you posted a Cyrax video on MKX I just skipped over it because it was too long. If your ramblings aren't Irishmantis quality then just get to the point.
I had a lot of videos when I first started out that were bloated and too long but you get better at refining them as you go. Content for others to see is definitely a skill and you need to work at it, like anything else in life.

Cyrax was complicated and the stuff I found was extremely difficult to execute and wasn't as simple as "just hit b1 into a random special here guys". I found it very hard to provide quality content with meaningful insight that explained everything within a 1 minute clip; I tried my best though.

AT_Ion

Noob
First video in a multipart series about Red Hood and what you should be doing in my opinion. Hope this is helpful!

@Crusty @REO @Other Red hood players, make yourselves known dammit so i can tag you!

Let me know what you think of the video! Cheers!
Wish I was a good Red Hood... Lol One of these days I will get this pressure down and stop fukkiing up my back forward up inputs for far mines.