What's new

Amplified (EX, MB) moves — Universal inputs are back

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Fan feedback was probably the largest reason it got changed, but that doesn't mean changing it back was not in the cards, regardless. That Ed Boon mentioned it as being experimental is evidence that things could have changed even if there was no fuss over it.

That said, a vast majority of people against the change largely cited that it was an unnecessary departure from something that added no true value or added difficulty, not because it was actually "difficult". Actually, they ended up improving the design of it all by swapping the button used from Block to Interaction, since that would have caused issues with AMP moves coming out while trying to block.

I saw an idea on Twitter where maybe they could've implemented different amplifications depending on your input, which would have likely garnered a more positive reception to the change.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
True. Tao is very rare. I know a very few players that play her, including me. 3 from Japan, 3-4 (or more) from NA, and 3 (or 4) (including me) from EU. Other rare character is Carl. The rarest match would be mirror Tao. And I was lucky to watch at EVOJP one of the rarest matches, which would be mirror Noellers.

If yer EU, we should play someday. I wanna test if I can still play with you, even thought I no longer have PSN Plus.
I'm NA, sorry lol. It's been a while since I've played any bb. I haven't even picked up chronophantasma yet.