What's new

Amplified DB3 as a capture move can fix two Skarlet's problems

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

I post this video up today, in order to explain why this would be a good change, the issues i'm talking about that this change can fix are, new punishing strings in any string that it's not 1, 2 route, but everything else with meter becomes a launcher midscreen, at the beginning of the video i start by telling you i could go over a million changes, but we can survive with this one.

A passionate Skarlet player on the Skarlet's discord wrote this:

i really don't want to be rude

but i'm really so tired of superficial approaches to skarlet videos

lel give her an extension to combos with ex blood trail ain't a solution

she has SEVERAL heavy problems and glaring weaknesses

the character needs a complete overhaul if you actually want her to be fixed

the :mad: character:mad: does :mad: not :mad: work

i guess tomorrow if i have a bit of time, as a "i'm dropping her ass" gift

i'll actually write a doc with desired changes if she was to be fixed / buffed

but please for the love of god

stop selling the idea that this character can be fixed "with a single change"
I'm i wrong? did i ever said that 1 change would fix Skarlet? :D

Error404

Noob
I would like it to recapture , but it looks like she was never supposed to have combos midscreen. If she does get them now , they will have to rebalance the entire character. Just think of the damage she would get for 2 bars with ex blood boil.

Whereas the mid ball will improve her already existing gameplan.

Another universal change I would be happy with ,is the one Reptile received , where he was given the ability to combo his projetiles . That would also make her universally stronger , while not breaking her archetype.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I would like it to recapture , but it looks like she was never supposed to have combos midscreen. If she does get them now , they will have to rebalance the entire character. Just think of the damage she would get for 2 bars with ex blood boil.

Whereas the mid ball will improve her already existing gameplan.

Another universal change I would be happy with ,is the one Reptile received , where he was given the ability to combo his projetiles . That would also make her universally stronger , while not breaking her archetype.
They can add damage protection or increase scaling, so the damage doesn't get too high, but it would definitely be better than now.
She would consume a lot of meter in return her wakeup game and reversal would be severely clipped for it.

The reason why Skarlet is so low right now its exactly because her punishment sucks, it doesn't lead to anything scary, they don't pay high prices unless you hit 212.
They can play a well rounded character as a counter pick, have position advantage anywhere on screen, you working twice as hard to make 30% damage, they will catch up mostly in 1 combo, one read, one mistake you make, each time you make a right punishing you get 10% to 11% damage, you hardly get 29% if you hit 212 and you don't drop it afterwards.

Its really not a matter of breaking archetype, the well-rounded characters are dominating at everything and don't have a single weakness.
They ocupy range, they zone better than most zoners, they combo better, they do everything and i'm yet to see a well rounded character of this game who has everything but not the best at all tools they have, there is none.

Even if her blood ball costs a bar, it still will have the exact same impact a meterless one does, slow down the game, which the meterless blood ball does its job pretty well.

If Skarlet combos from blood ball she will get infinites in the corner because she can link normals into it and become a 2 hit combo.
Lets just say she got this right? Now how does she takes advantage of it? Randomly hitting blood ball? Teleport its too slow on recovery to even give you a combo

A more realistic tool I could see her getting is an ex blood ball , that makes it a mid.
That would actually hurt her setplay options because a neutral ducking opponent can be followed by a sweep or overhead in which the blood ball will force a restand on hit.

My buffs which are in the realms of believable is to make S2 or S4 a mid and have the second hit of 124 be an overhead.

Komatose

The Prettiest
This would fix her shitty ass combo potential and punish potential. I thought it was just me that didn’t think she had punish potential but her strings and enders are just really shit.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Also, as you said, she lacks fucking overheads... And that B2 CB is hot trash... Either they should bleed after that or it should do way more damage considering it’s the most interruptible thing in the game and whiffing it is life-questioning...