What's new

General/Other - Kano Amored Kano Ball

skcuf

Noob
As I mercilessly get zoned out while playing Kano I just have to ask. What was going through the heads of the fools at NRS when they took the armor off Kano ball? What they SHOULD have done is remove the ability to cancel the ball and just turned it into an armored version of the regular ball.

My small rant is now done.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
Armored Upball is one of best wake-ups in the game. What variation do you play? Getting in or counterzoning shouldn't at all be a problem for Kano...

skcuf

Noob
Armored Upball is one of best wake-ups in the game. What variation do you play? Getting in or counterzoning shouldn't at all be a problem for Kano...
Please, enlighten me. How do I get in on a pyro Tanya jumping around the map, a kenjutsu Kenshi who is doing...anything right, or a gm sub?

Been playing all variations. Trying to learn how fighting games work, but it just seems like having an armored move that reaches more than 3 inches would be nice. Pretty much everyone else in the game has one...

Tweedy

Noob
This is just a hard example of "git gud". Kano has a great projectile himself, a great forward dash, decent run. What are you doing to get "mercilessly zoned out"? Jumping in? Not a good idea with Kano.

skcuf

Noob
This is just a hard example of "git gud". Kano has a great projectile himself, a great forward dash, decent run. What are you doing to get "mercilessly zoned out"? Jumping in? Not a good idea with Kano.
Definitely doing too many IABs...this I know.

Tweedy

Noob
Definitely doing too many IABs...this I know.
I don't like Kano because he kind of removes the approach of jumping from your arsenal, which is very strong on MKX.

It's very hard to tell what someone is doing off of a run, between jumping, just going straight in with an attack, stopping and doing nothing. Kano doesn't really have the first option because of how floaty his jump is.

So you're forced to play more grounded, work your way in with forward dashes, D4s, F4, anti air their own jump ins. It works but he's a lot harder to use than like Sonya or Mileena.

Edit: Kenjutsu doesn't zone, just duck his BF3 and run in with a F4 punish. You can do this from anywhere on the screen, it's over -50 on whiff.

skcuf

Noob
I don't like Kano because he kind of removes the approach of jumping from your arsenal, which is very strong on MKX.

It's very hard to tell what someone is doing off of a run, between jumping, just going straight in with an attack, stopping and doing nothing. Kano doesn't really have the first option because of how floaty his jump is.

So you're forced to play more grounded, work your way in with forward dashes, D4s, F4, anti air their own jump ins. It works but he's a lot harder to use than like Sonya or Mileena.

Edit: Kenjutsu doesn't zone, just duck his BF3 and run in with a F4 punish. You can do this from anywhere on the screen, it's over -50 on whiff.
I picked Kano because I wanted to learn how to use grapplers, so I started with commando. I like how good his anti airs are, especially with commando. A brain dead monkey can get 29% AAs consistently with him. My problem is what to do when someone is playing lame. I learned quickly that an IAB gets caught by kenjutsu bf3 and ermacs crap as well as hellfire aura (aura doing AA is bullshit).

His knife is easy as shit to punish with a teleport or armor. I have trouble double tapping to do dashes and runs. I spend about 15 minutes each day practicing just doing this...

Please, enlighten me. How do I get in on a pyro Tanya jumping around the map, a kenjutsu Kenshi who is doing...anything right, or a gm sub?

Been playing all variations. Trying to learn how fighting games work, but it just seems like having an armored move that reaches more than 3 inches would be nice. Pretty much everyone else in the game has one...
Bad MU IMO but your best bet is cybernetic get in with a mix of air kanoball and straight ball also AA her with air laser no need for an armored staight ball

Tweedy

Noob
I picked Kano because I wanted to learn how to use grapplers, so I started with commando. I like how good his anti airs are, especially with commando. A brain dead monkey can get 29% AAs consistently with him. My problem is what to do when someone is playing lame. I learned quickly that an IAB gets caught by kenjutsu bf3 and ermacs crap as well as hellfire aura (aura doing AA is bullshit).

His knife is easy as shit to punish with a teleport or armor. I have trouble double tapping to do dashes and runs. I spend about 15 minutes each day practicing just doing this...
His knife really isn't easy to punish with teleports. It recovers pretty quickly. You just can't throw it at obvious moments. Bait people with random buttons that recover quickly, like standing 1s.

Yeah you gotta practice dashes. It's important with Kano. His backdash can be a really good wake up.