What's new

American Election 2020 *Biden Wins*

Gooberking

Solidly Mediocre
Coup talk lol. Reality is starting to kick in and the people who were laughing aren’t anymore.
People shouldn't be laughing, even at the beginning. There isn't anything funny about a sore loser trying to
  • subvert the process and institution he represents
  • float false narratives to take advantage of and mobilize the gullible, the trusting, and the paranoid into fighting battle built on yet another bold face lie
  • divide the millions of people you should be working to unify and help; for weeks (years really)
  • Recruit other people to go on national TV to perpetuate nonsense because they too financially benefit from this circus act
just to retain a temporary job he is no longer entitled to.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
People shouldn't be laughing, even at the beginning. There isn't anything funny about a sore loser trying to
  • float false narratives to take advantage of and mobilize the gullible, the trusting, and the paranoid into fighting battle built on yet another bold face lie
  • divide the millions of people you should be working to unify and help; for weeks (years really)
  • Recruit other people to go on national TV to perpetuate nonsense because they too financially benefit from this circus act
The reality is that the AP doesn’t call elections, electors do. Is it illegal for the electors to vote for Donald Trump? No. It’s it unconstitutional? No. Will the left call it an unconstitutional coup? Yup. Will there be widespread violence and unrest? Yup. Will America die? Yup. Will Donald trump resign to save the country? It’s possible. I have not been laughing. I’ve called all of this shit and you laughed at me.

Gooberking

Solidly Mediocre
The reality is that the AP doesn’t call elections, electors do. Is it illegal for the electors to vote for Donald Trump? No. It’s it unconstitutional? No. Will the left call it an unconstitutional coup? Yup. Will there be widespread violence and unrest? Yup. Will America die? Yup. Will Donald trump resign to save the country? It’s possible. I have not been laughing. I’ve called all of this shit and you laughed at me.
If he was capable of stepping aside for the betterment of people, he would have done what people generally do in his position and said something like,
"Well folks, we gave it a good go. I think we all wish had gone the other way, and we could have continued trying to do what we know is best for making America great.

Apparently America wants to try something new. Ok. We can do that. But maybe it doesn't work out quite as well as they hope. Maybe they look back to this day and wish they made a different choice. Well in four years they can make that choice again, and I still have another 4 years. What do you guys say? You want to do this again in 4 years? I'll be here, will you be here?" - and the crowd goes wild.

Instead he does what he has always done which is put his interests first, and put his omnipotent knowledge powers on display; somehow knowing he was being wronged by the "Biden crime family" before the votes all hit the floor. Then continued to refuse to take the L for days and now weeks. He has had day after day after day of opportunities to take the "L" for the good of the country. The best possible conclusion to draw on that past behavior is that it will continue until it's impossible for it to continue.

Gaxkang

Noob
Heh "hurdles have to be crossed" is just vague gesturing so that you can give off the appearance of knowing what you're talking about without actually committing. Heh.
Nah...things have to be established enough legally, in courts etc, where results in some states are in doubt and nobody has 270 when the magic hour comes along.

Some folks want to act like every election in USA history has been straightforward and with no dispute.

Even before Trump's disputes, that couldn't be said of this election....the word straightforward.

Gaxkang

Noob
How fucking hard is it to believe that he just lost.
Ask liberals in 2000, or 2016 about loss.

Or ask Stacey Abrams in Georgia about losing her bid for governor. Who is now credited for supposedly turning Georgia blue for uninspiring Biden.

Etc.

At the very least, the liberals are getting a taste of their own medicine. Guess they don't like the taste. ;)

Gaxkang

Noob

Gaxkang

Noob
Is this another seeming invocation of convenience? Only invoked because of the Orange Man, and not existing for liberal behavior over these past years?

Each of your bullet points I could say liberals, Democrats have done for years. And were encouraged to do so.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
If he was capable of stepping aside for the betterment of people, he would have done what people generally do in his position and said something like,
"Well folks, we gave it a good go. I think we all wish had gone the other way, and we could have continued trying to do what we know is best for making America great.

Apparently America wants to try something new. Ok. We can do that. But maybe it doesn't work out quite as well as they hope. Maybe they look back to this day and wish they made a different choice. Well in four years they can make that choice again, and I still have another 4 years. What do you guys say? You want to do this again in 4 years? I'll be here, will you be here?" - and the crowd goes wild.

Instead he does what he has always done which is put his interests first, and put his omnipotent knowledge powers on display; somehow knowing he was being wronged by the "Biden crime family" before the votes all hit the floor. Then continued to refuse to take the L for days and now weeks. He has had day after day after day of opportunities to take the "L" for the good of the country. The best possible conclusion to draw on that past behavior is that it will continue until it's impossible for it to continue.
He might say just that when it’s over. You don’t know. The point is that it’s not over just because the AP called it. Telling AP to eat shit isn’t “subverting the process”. This is the process lol.

Good news for you is that the republicans are cowards so you are safe on the elector front. It’s a path but not a likely one. They won’t deliver and the Republican Party will collapse faster than Fox News. Unless there is game changing evidence delivered soon and then the Supreme Court will be enough.

But like people say and I agree, I don’t care how good of a lawyer you are, that’s the biggest conspiracy in our history put together in a few weeks. Shit that takes a year. But I also think it’s highly possible and impressive if so. Theses little bullshit cases that are getting dropped are just to keep the fight going while they prepare. It sounds nuts and it is but it’s a path. Cheaters make dumb mistakes and she’s one of the best. I’d like to see the evidence regardless.

I read Powell’s response to tucker and she said he was demanding and not to contact her again under those terms. There is a reason you don’t hand your case out to be leaked. People have time to prepare a defense. Crime of the century? Here’s my proof tucker Carlson. That’s why your right to an attorney has confidential client privilege. Wait for the proof. It might not be shit, but it’s a path I say is most likely.

If Scotus doesnt want to get involved the electors can do it. They won’t without solid
proof and even then they might not have the nuts. If it goes to the house then trump wins. Trump has multiple paths and that’s why I put it at 40% and tried to quell people’s expectations.

my prediction can still happen. Trump concedes on dec 14 win or lose for the good of the country. Maybe saying something similar to you give or take. Powell proves massive fraud later on. Trump buys cnn.

Edit: this is how trump would win in the house even with a democrat majority for those wondering

“At that point, the Constitution directs that the House of Representatives vote to determine the presidential election. But it does so with each state casting a single vote. If the current numbers hold, there would be 26 state delegations that are Republican and 23 Democratic (with one tied), so the outcome would be to reelect Trump. Trump does not need to do anything other than accept this outcome, which is constitutional. (Hat tip to Tom Rogers and Tim Wirth for their writingson this topic.)”

Last edited:

Gaxkang

Noob
Gax is such a piece of garbage human being it's actually nauseating to read his shit holy fuck.
Because you believe journalism is about throwing inflammatory stuff around with zero proof? ;)

The news biz lost what was left of its rep over these past few years. It's easily one of the most corrupt industries in the country now. If the country was under a one party system from the left the existing news media is already set up to be a state run media. Goes the same for the Big Tech as well.

Gaxkang

Noob
Big Tech being left lmao
Well I know there were some hard feelings about Facebook which probably hedged its bets a bit more, but Twitter really went to bat to help the Harris/Biden ticket. Which makes sense anyways because there's a revolving door at Twitter of people who have been in and will likely again be in Democratic politics.
Such as Nick Pacilio who worked for Kamala during her disastrous primary run.

Gaxkang

Noob
Well, it's over:

GGs.
Well actually the judge cancelled what was going to be an evidentiary hearing and gave a deadline for Trump lawyers to respond to a defense motion for dismissal.

The Trump campaign has welcomed the judge's decision as they say it helps expedite things moving towards the Supreme Court.

So despite what CNN says (heh)...nah, it's not over yet. ;)

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
If a judge dismisses this with prejudice, and the Supreme Court really picks it up (I really don't think that's even a possibility at this point), then what credibility would they have as an institution that's allegedly non-partisan?

Politically, you just handed Joe Biden all the ammo he needs to start advocating for court packing.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Well actually the judge cancelled what was going to be an evidentiary hearing and gave a deadline for Trump lawyers to respond to a defense motion for dismissal.

The Trump campaign has welcomed the judge's decision as they say it helps expedite things moving towards the Supreme Court.

So despite what CNN says (heh)...nah, it's not over yet. ;)
This is false. The court granted a motion to dismiss the case with prejudice, meaning that the issue is dead and cannot be re-litigated in amended form. You can read it yourself -- it's on page 36 of the judge's decision.

And it doesn't matter what site you go to, it's all the same:

The lawsuit is dead, the court made it clear that 1) They do not have sufficient evidence to back their claims and 2) Even if they had had evidence, their claims could only apply to the specific votes where it was an issue -- meaning that their attempt to apply it to the full 7 million votes was useless.

Every single one of Trump's legal challenges has now been either withdrawn or dismissed by a bipartisan coalition of judges. It's over.

Gaxkang

Noob
This is false. The court granted a motion to dismiss the case with prejudice, meaning that the issue is dead and cannot be re-litigated in amended form. You can read it yourself -- it's on page 36 of the judge's decision.

And it doesn't matter what site you go to, it's all the same:

The lawsuit is dead, the court made it clear that 1) They do not have sufficient evidence to back their claims and 2) Even if they had had evidence, their claims could only apply to the specific votes where it was an issue -- meaning that their attempt to apply it to the full 7 million votes was useless.

Every single one of Trump's legal challenges has now been either withdrawn or dismissed by a bipartisan coalition of judges. It's over.
They will be seeking an expedited appeal to Third Circuit.

And CNN uses the term "death blow" heh.

And the judge cancelled the evidentiary hearing....

The overall process continues....it's not over until either Trump says it's over or Biden is officially made president-elect.

Gaxkang

Noob
If a judge dismisses this with prejudice, and the Supreme Court really picks it up (I really don't think that's even a possibility at this point), then what credibility would they have as an institution that's allegedly non-partisan?

Politically, you just handed Joe Biden all the ammo he needs to start advocating for court packing.
If that was so, appeals to higher courts wouldn't exist. Mr. District Court judge would be powerful, indeed.

And everyone already knows Democratic court packing is about putting reliable liberal votes on the Court to outnumber conservatives...they've already implied the Court must be reformed as they say.
The freakout when Ginsburg died wasn't because she was perceived as non-partisan or non-ideological but reliably liberal.

stokedAF

casual kahnage

“Courts at the appellate level review the findings and evidence from the lower court and determine if there is sufficient evidence to support the determination made by the lower court. Also, the appellate court will determine if the trial or lower court correctly applied the law. The highest form of an appellate court in the U.S. is the U.S. Supreme Court, which hears only appeals of major importance and consequence.”

Taking up these kinds of cases is literally what appellate courts do lol. If they can’t come to a different conclusion or have a stalemate then the lower court ruling stands. If anything that made it more likely that scotus will pick it up. “Perceived bias” and whatnot.