What's new

Tech ambiguous crossup (with vid)

BRIG

Noob
2, u3, f1, 3

you want to hit the f1 early(but not too early, doing that will cause it to whiff), then how far you walk post dash determines whether or not you'll cross up.

Nice thing is 2, u3 is not a true blockstring so it can punish people trying to stick out a move(a d1 say) or jump after they block the 2. So it has decent uses as a frame trap and I think it's safe on block (-8)

Red Son

Noob
I think that the best thing to do as ambiguous crossup is b22/f2/12(whatever u want), ts, ji2, f1 3, xx jip 2. Notice that if u w8 a little bit before the dash u'll cross up, and if u do it quickly you'll stand in front of the enemy.

Red Son

Noob
I didn't say it can't, the one that BRIG come with also can be tech rolled, I just follow the same logic. I'll try to find a non-techable crossup situation and I'll post here if I do.

* Ok I found something, not an untechable one, but something very tricky, If after a b3 you land a jip3, silly slide and the opponent tech rolled, and you jump in, you'll crossup the opponent sometimes, and sometimes not, that's because of the timming on landing de jip3.

Now the thing becomes more interesting when the opponent doesn't tech roll, you'll stand in a position where you look like you're in one side, but if u neutral jump 2 you'll crossup the opponent, and if u just stay there and take the risk(I said "take the risk" cause the opponent can wakeup attack u) you'll be in the side of the screen where u looked that u were.

That's sound a little confusing, and I don't think is really that practical, but it was the best I could find till now

Imo this isnt that amiguous. You can tell if its a crossup from that range. B22xxTS1 B3 j2 j2 SS will leave you standing almost directly on top of a downed character. A neutral jump 2 crosses up without placing you on the other side of the opponent.

Imo this isnt that amiguous. You can tell if its a crossup from that range. B22xxTS1 B3 j2 j2 SS will leave you standing almost directly on top of a downed character. A neutral jump 2 crosses up without placing you on the other side of the opponent.
What kind of position does this put you in if they roll?