What's new

Amazing Set! Only Real Master Trophy Earned with Sub-Zero!

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I was in Ranked last night, and I ran into in this guy named Oneofus who used Batman and Hellboy (first time I ever ran into Hellboy, BTW) and I had no idea how good this is was gonna turn out to be, but OMG it was a big one! And the biggest thing out all of that, is that I got at the very end the "Only a Real Master" Trophy, which you can only earn if you clutch finish in an online match by a 90%-10% ratio, and that's exactly what I did, and I did it by A MAGIC PIXEL! It was amazing! The whole set was already great before that, but this one just makes one of the best sets I ever had, and easily the best I had in IJ2 so far.

So sit back and enjoy the set! :)

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Okay I watched the whole set and I’m gonna be a party pooper unfortunately. There were a couple times where you made some nice reads and I’ll admit that that comeback at the end was pretty sweet.

But okay that Batman player in the beginning was playing really strangely. Why was he doing three slides in a row in the neutral? They’re like -30 on block and give Batman absolutely nothing besides side switching and a fully invincible wakeup. But this dude was doing it midscreen so side switching is a non-factor and he wasn’t using it as a wakeup so there was actually no reason for him to slide that many times.

As for your Sub-Zero Roy...okay there is no nice way to say this but why are you using such bootlegged combos dude? You were throwing away like 8-10% on every single combo and please don’t ever do D2s mid combo unless you’re trying to set something up. The add a ton of damage scaling and are a complete waste of damage. Also how come you always end your combos in F221+3? Sub-Zero shines in the corner, but more than once you were giving away corner positioning and again giving up damage by not doing something like B2, B23xxDBF1 instead. It looked like some of your combos were made in China man.
And now I probably just come across as a dick but pleaaaase be careful of things like D2s in the neutral or something like J3xxSlide. You’re lucky that this guy didn’t know how to punish the D2 otherwise he could have gotten like 2-3 extra full combo punishes per match. And if you want to do an overhead-low thing off of J3, I’d recommend doing J3 into B11xxDB1 so you can be safe, do a bit more damage than slide if it hits and not give up corner positioning.

But okay that comeback at the end was alright I’ll give you that. The B23xxSuper at the end was a bit of a gamble but it paid off. Congrats on that trophy!

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
yea, that wasnt a good batman, tho sometimes batmans will do slide in the neutral to catch you walking backwards, especially if they have bats, since they can convert off that.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Okay I watched the whole set and I’m gonna be a party pooper unfortunately. There were a couple times where you made some nice reads and I’ll admit that that comeback at the end was pretty sweet.

But okay that Batman player in the beginning was playing really strangely. Why was he doing three slides in a row in the neutral? They’re like -30 on block and give Batman absolutely nothing besides side switching and a fully invincible wakeup. But this dude was doing it midscreen so side switching is a non-factor and he wasn’t using it as a wakeup so there was actually no reason for him to slide that many times.

As for your Sub-Zero Roy...okay there is no nice way to say this but why are you using such bootlegged combos dude? You were throwing away like 8-10% on every single combo and please don’t ever do D2s mid combo unless you’re trying to set something up. The add a ton of damage scaling and are a complete waste of damage. Also how come you always end your combos in F221+3? Sub-Zero shines in the corner, but more than once you were giving away corner positioning and again giving up damage by not doing something like B2, B23xxDBF1 instead. It looked like some of your combos were made in China man.
And now I probably just come across as a dick but pleaaaase be careful of things like D2s in the neutral or something like J3xxSlide. You’re lucky that this guy didn’t know how to punish the D2 otherwise he could have gotten like 2-3 extra full combo punishes per match. And if you want to do an overhead-low thing off of J3, I’d recommend doing J3 into B11xxDB1 so you can be safe, do a bit more damage than slide if it hits and not give up corner positioning.

But okay that comeback at the end was alright I’ll give you that. The B23xxSuper at the end was a bit of a gamble but it paid off. Congrats on that trophy!
Yeah that Batman guy wasn't that strong, and I know I'm not the best Sub-Zero by any means. I admit that there were indeed a couple of time I had to use the Polar Puncture command grab after F22 instead of the regular throw. Also I didn't know the D2 add that much of damage scaling, I should check that stuff further now that Sub's damage was changed in the last patch anyway. About the corner though, Sub is still good in the corner but his corner game isn't as strong as it is in MKX, Sub in IJ2 is more of a defensive char that can also be offensive, but his mainly about Anti-Rushdown and controling the pace of the match, and his offense is more for the pace control, which is my most favorite thing about playing Sub-Zero (aside from making him look like Reptile, of course). His corner game is still good nonetheless, as he does have a vortex there, as well as in mid-screen, but he is a bit better as a defensive character in IJ2.

But thanks for the feedback bro, I appreciate that :)

Last edited: