What's new

Match-up Discussion Am I the only HG who doesn't think the Zod MU is that bad?

YOMI Trepound380

Tranquil Anarchy
This is something I really give @AK Trepound380 props for. Dude wing evades through everything. I was making a list of strings she could wing evade 2 through for a full combo punish. She can do that with any string or normal into Earthshaker by the way. ;)

I seriously meant that in a good way, I hope that didn't sound pretentious coming from me. I couldn't wing evade through projectiles like that if my life depended on it.
thx and i think i might have found something against zod but i gotta test it first and if it wasnt for you i wouldnt have learned bout WE thru DDs stuff. if all hgs used this tactic most mus would be in be in her favor or even thts why my list looks like it does

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
thx and i think i might have found something against zod but i gotta test it first and if it wasnt for you i wouldnt have learned bout WE thru DDs stuff. if all hgs used this tactic most mus would be in be in her favor or even thts why my list looks like it does
You see Max's callout thread? Master WE then do one Hawkgirl style

kaseyk

Noob
i also don't think it's that bad . my most useless tech ever found actually has use in this mu , blocked charge is a free 47% mid screen combo or more depending on interactable positions or corner distance (offline only gotta settle for d1 combo online ) , ground laser trait stuff isn't an issue thanks to we3 , nore the trait int traps again thx to WE . he does have fantastic zoning though but both ground and air mb balls can be maneuvered through (ex heavenly stomp between 1st and 2nd ball ) . i have it 6-4 zod

47% charge punish combo for anyone that wants to lab it 3-mtmbu-b3-ji2-123-ji1-mc

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
you can we2 combo punish banes level 3 charge and back breaker
To be fair, I think everyone can punish bane's charge :p. But that backbreaker could change my opinion on that MU, his Venom'd pressure is why I didn't think she won. But that's a different story, she should be able to WE all of his armored moves, sans his anti-air stuff while flying of course.

Back to Zod though, couldn't we WE his charge for a combo punish? Wondering how useful it'd be against the ghost of KTSmith too. THIS IS NOW ABOUT ANTI-ZOD TECH FINDING!

kaseyk

Noob
To be fair, I think everyone can punish bane's charge :p. But that backbreaker could change my opinion on that MU, his Venom'd pressure is why I didn't think she won. But that's a different story, she should be able to WE all of his armored moves, sans his anti-air stuff while flying of course.

Back to Zod though, couldn't we WE his charge for a combo punish? Wondering how useful it'd be against the ghost of KTSmith too. THIS IS NOW ABOUT ANTI-ZOD TECH FINDING!
no we2 lands as he recovers and can block . if you block it he gets mashed .

i like doing 3-we2 on knockdown the double spin helps me get the immune frames and if they don't do a true wakeup they either block or get hit , universal tactic though
yeah it also stuffes martian manhunters wake up his bf3 goes right through hawkgirl full combo punish :) i dont like the match up with zod i think he has all the tools kneeded to keep hawkgirl away