What's new

Question - Vicious Am I Supposed to Be Using Meter?

Darth Taco

Oh, it's a windy and sunny day.
Alright, so this is a stupid question, but I figured I'd throw it up. It seems to me that using meter on wakeup EX Tuck 'n' Charge isn't as smart as just saving it for F2, 4xxX-Ray, or even just wake-up x-ray by itself if I'm about to die.

Everyone says that the meter is used better elsewhere and that x-rays aren't worth it, but everyone doesn't play F/T. So, in-general, (I know that it sometimes depends on the fight) is just saving for x-ray a viable strategy or am I going to get rofl-stomped the moment I fight someone with half a brain?

Definitely interesting question for FT in Vicious variation. I tend to use meter on EX command grab in certain situations. Getting armor on wake up is also nice. But similar to you, I like a nice burst 50% damage. That or constantly having breaker because I don't use meter.

In the end, breaker always seems to win out when thinking of meter use. Two bars can save you from 35-40% (or potentially more depending on your opponent), while if you just finished the F2 combo without meter, you still get like 35%. So 3 bars for 15% doesn't fare well in the comparison to breaker.

Per the usual, X-Ray is situational. Just my two cents.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
It really depends on how you want to play the character. F/T doesn't need to do a 40-50%, but its a great option(and your best option if it's going to end a match). As a player you don't have to armor out of pressure(wake up or block pressure), but its a very useful option that I'm sure all players utilize unless you play quan. I sometimes use X-ray to quickly take the first round because I don't think its a huge risk to have no meter with two rounds left. Though having no meter to start a round does put you at a noticeable momentary disadvantage (possibly a serious one if your vs a character/playstyle that forces you to armor out of their pressure), a reason I never X-ray with a round left.

I agree with Marco in that breaker is probably the most valuable use for meter with this character, but I also think option selecting d3 with ex command grab is another really strong use of meter for this character

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
F/T seems to benefit from meter like Ermac from MK9. You get extremely respectable damage from meterless combos where burning the meter only boosts you a minor amount. It always seems to be the case that the most valuable tool your meter can offer you is a breaker, and the second most valuable being armor. Sit on your breaker until you need it, but don't sit on an xray forever either. It's more efficient to use an EX move when you're at full meter for the sake of allowing you to continue building meter without losing your breaker. Meter management can certainly be a science at times.

I tend to save my xray with FT. Just on the assumption to cash out big damage. And get me out of a spot.

Cant really see any use for meter when hes already got a pretty dafe NJP and good 50/50 knock downs

Darth Taco

Oh, it's a windy and sunny day.
Thanks much for the replies, guys.

Yeah, I kind of forget about breakers. Have trouble doing them online, and when they do come out it's at the worst of times.

I shall take your advice to heart. :)

Thing with Ferra Torr is that they require NO METER( combos) so you can use there meter for breakers. Ive broken so many combo's with them to point people get upset lool.Also X-ray for Ferra is VERY USEFUL especially in Ruthless(56%-65% 4 commands easy)not including being able to have armor._ i faught kung jin he dive kicked i did F2 4 xray took 55% won round.So yes xray is worth it since Ferra requires no meter.Funny having 60% life while being mid screen is a death blow.IMO Hold your meter.

Thanks much for the replies, guys.

Yeah, I kind of forget about breakers. Have trouble doing them online, and when they do come out it's at the worst of times.

I shall take your advice to heart. :)
I got record 378-89 with ferra torr. Just syou dont think im liar or troll lol

F/T seems to benefit from meter like Ermac from MK9. You get extremely respectable damage from meterless combos where burning the meter only boosts you a minor amount. It always seems to be the case that the most valuable tool your meter can offer you is a breaker, and the second most valuable being armor. Sit on your breaker until you need it, but don't sit on an xray forever either. It's more efficient to use an EX move when you're at full meter for the sake of allowing you to continue building meter without losing your breaker. Meter management can certainly be a science at times.
Had to take a moment to see if I had sexual insecurities
I'm good

I tend to save my xray with FT. Just on the assumption to cash out big damage. And get me out of a spot.

Cant really see any use for meter when hes already got a pretty dafe NJP and good 50/50 knock downs
Same here. It's such a good psyche-out, and a satisfying way to end the match. Any time you're sitting on a full bar of meter, it's in the back of your opponent's head that ONE JUMP IN PUNCH WILL COST THEM HALF OF THEIR FUCKING HEALTH.

Although I've been using his armored command grab a lot. I mean hell, it's not like you need the meter anyways, just go ahead and do an unblockable command grab right in their face. People get panicky. Ferra/Torr can take 30% of someone's health of off an overhead/low/njp, and if they block for too long, they'll get hit with a command grab.

Ferra/Torr is so badass.