What's new

Question - Grandmaster Always wanted to learn GM

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Well due to my saltiness I would say Fucc GM and subzero on the whole, but since this looks serious I would say, unless you wakeup up with ex slide all the Damn time and turtle behind that clone all the Damn time grandmaster is pretty unpredictable and not overall complicated because your main goal is to get to the corner and you're not getting to corner any faster if your spamming ice ball all day behind a statue you dedicated to your long lost brother, you just gotta get in there and do that shitty low string and bullshit overheads and I'm trying to help you but I'm getting salty just telling you his techs. Man just run in and mix shit up with that shitty clone and also watch some Brady streams or hop into the Subz forums for some dirty secrets ..Fucc subzero.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Well I can't say reservation regarding player skill with a variation warrants the posting of an entire thread, but I will say that we have variation specific discussion threads here in the Subby forum full of people willing to help.

Unfortunately, your question is too vague for anyone to offer any specific advice, which further discredits the necessity for an entire thread.

zoofs

bless
its not complicated at all, its just there's a lot more to learn than bnb's and basic tech with more specific mu related stuff than most chars

if you want I'll write a small pseudo guide in a pm (or here I guess) just to get people started as I think I have a decent understanding of the variation

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
its not complicated at all, its just there's a lot more to learn than bnb's and basic tech with more specific mu related stuff than most chars

if you want I'll write a small pseudo guide in a pm (or here I guess) just to get people started as I think I have a decent understanding of the variation
Please do , A PM would be nice. Zoofs, youre a good kid

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
Well I can't say reservation regarding player skill with a variation warrants the posting of an entire thread, but I will say that we have variation specific discussion threads here in the Subby forum full of people willing to help.

Unfortunately, your question is too vague for anyone to offer any specific advice, which further discredits the necessity for an entire thread.
Oh sorry about that.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.

I'd like to see this mini guide as well if you wouldn't mind. Im looking to learn a little GM Sub but not entirely sure where to start with it. What I should be learning first, what I should be practicing in training mode, etc etc

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Oh sorry about that.
Don't take it the wrong way, they're are plenty of people who know plenty about GM and can help. I'd be happy to help to, I'm just not sure exactly what it is you struggle with (how to mixup your opponent, how to space control w/ clone, wakeup options, etc.). More info is always better, especially if you're going to start a thread.

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
Don't take it the wrong way, they're are plenty of people who know plenty about GM and can help. I'd be happy to help to, I'm just not sure exactly what it is you struggle with (how to mixup your opponent, how to space control w/ clone, wakeup options, etc.). More info is always better, especially if you're going to start a thread.
I dont know the character at all. Atmost, I know his strings sadly.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Grandmaster is forgiving in that it wins the neutral for those who may struggle with it. You can really lean on the clone at low to mid level gameplay and it lets you control the pace of a match easily. The learning curve is very comfortable. As you progress, you'll begin to learn things about his meta game that make him shine. This variation has so much to offer and is extremely rewarding and dominating at high levels of play. No matter how much time you put into GM, you're going to have fun with it.

I'm always open to helping fellow players out, not just Sub Zero players. PM me if you'd like to or ask one of the other guys here. You've got some great choices to pick from and a lot of well organized resources here in the SZ threads to look over.