What's new

Alternative Way of Saving Unlocked Characters

I recently sent my Xbox into Microsoft, and got a Replacement unit because of the Red Rings of Death. Well, as everyone knows, Arcade games, such as UMK3 are licensed to that Specific console which they are originally purchased on. Now you can call Xbox and get them to relicense the arcade games to your new console, but that takes a minimum of 30days. I got mine back on the 7th and they still haven't gotten around to it. I have found a way to get around having to Unlock your characters everytime you load up UMK3 on the Unlicensed console. Heres what to do.

1. Goto your dashboard and make sure you are signed out of every account.
2. Go to the Arcade selection and load up UMK3. It should say Play Trial Version, since it's on the unlicensed console.
3. Once you begin to load UMK3 up, it'll ask you to sign in. Now sign into the Gamertag that the game was purchased on.
4. Unlock the characters like you would normally. And go back into Arcade mode, and press Start, and Exit Game. The screen will flash, this means that they are saved.
5. From now on, when you are about to load up UMK3, make sure that you are SIGNED OUT of any Gamertag. Just login to your gamertag once UMK3 asks you to.
6. Go back into Arcade Mode, and you'll notice the characters are still there. Press start, and Exit game. And your good to go.

Hope this helps.

this is for the people that had to send their Xbox in and got a replacement unit. The replacement unit will not allow you to save your unlocked characters unless you do what I posted. The arcade games aren't licensed to the new unit, so it only allows you to play the Trial Version of the game. When your signed in, it allows you to play the Full Version, as long as the gamertag that originally purchased it, is signed in. But, to save the characters on the new unit, you have to load up UMK3 while your not signed in, and then sign in, and goto arcade mode. Otherwise, they won't load.

lol it's cool. you'd be surprised as to how many people don't read all the way through things these days. i'm just hoping the people who need this information, take the time to read it all.

GokuRen v2 said:
I recently sent my Xbox into Microsoft, and got a Replacement unit because of the Red Rings of Death. Well, as everyone knows, Arcade games, such as UMK3 are licensed to that Specific console which they are originally purchased on. Now you can call Xbox and get them to relicense the arcade games to your new console, but that takes a minimum of 30days. I got mine back on the 7th and they still haven't gotten around to it. I have found a way to get around having to Unlock your characters everytime you load up UMK3 on the Unlicensed console. Heres what to do.

2. Go to the Arcade selection and load up UMK3. It should say Play Trial Version, since it's on the unlicensed console.
3. Once you begin to load UMK3 up, it'll ask you to sign in. Now sign into the Gamertag that the game was purchased on.
4. Unlock the characters like you would normally. And go back into Arcade mode, and press Start, and Exit Game. The screen will flash, this means that they are saved.
5. From now on, when you are about to load up UMK3, make sure that you are SIGNED OUT of any Gamertag. Just login to your gamertag once UMK3 asks you to.
6. Go back into Arcade Mode, and you'll notice the characters are still there. Press start, and Exit game. And your good to go.

Hope this helps.
I think I love you! No seriously, I love you. I've had my Xbox 360 changed because of the red ring of death, and having to unlock the characters each time was extremely annoying, most of the time I didn't bother, which sucks, because Ermac is heaps of fun to use.

Zonagle said:
GokuRen v2 said:

Hope this helps.
I think I love you! No seriously, I love you. I've had my Xbox 360 changed because of the red ring of death, and having to unlock the characters each time was extremely annoying, most of the time I didn't bother, which sucks, because Ermac is heaps of fun to use.
>.>

Someone posted this about 4 months ago. You guys should have searched. It's the method I've been using since.. Well it was posted lol.

I'm glad it was brought to light again though, because so many people don't realize this somehow.

the only way i can save them is if i store my profile on a hard drive, if i unlock them on a memory card, i do everything, and next time i switch on i go into arcade mode first, and they are gone

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Just had to swap HD to another Xbox and had trouble until I found this thread. Thank you much.

By the way, I know your vids Gokuren. That double OTG double fireball combo is slick. I can do it every once in a blue moon but without the lp after the jumpkick. OTGs are a pain in the dick, especially online.