What's new

All things Samurai Shodown Playstation 4

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Welcome blade boogies, this will be your samurai Shodown(Samurai Spirits) all things, info gameplay anything, lets keep everyone in the loop to what's going on with the game and what we know so far.
Samurai Shodown it used to be one of the most amazing fighting games weapon based in history and pretty much gave birth to footsies, but the game is also very rich in story and lore because it was actually well written, so don't freak out if you see characters that are unknown to you before.

Characters confirmed (from the trailer and Charlotte warrior's frame picture which was intentionally put in the trailer)
Haohmaru, Genjuro Kibagami, Ukyo Tachibana, Hanzo Hattori, Galford, jubei Yagyu, Earthquake, Charlotte, Nakoruru, Tam Tam.

Characters missing from the frame that are from SS1
Gen-An Shiranui, Wan-Fu

Characters not seen in the trailer so far from cannonical SS1 and SS2
Caffeine Nicotine, Amakuza Shiro Tokizada, Rashoujin Mizuki

The game trailer sets a story from the era of the tokugawas, so its SS1 prequel, basically SS5 per say, which is what demograted to most of the story, so the title says Samurai Spirits(Samurai Shodown), so its unsure for now, if they will only use SS1 characters, or SS1, and SS2 or they will go beyond crazy and add prequel characters.

About gameplay
We know Oda who worked on SF4 gameplay is doing this SS, so that's an S tier pick.
Game has sword clash minigames (SS1 and ownwards) if both sword attacks colide, it triggers a clash event, whoever presses the most inputs wins, the other loses the sword, if its a draw, both retreat.
While retreating, you can use other moves like kicks.

Power is in the game, Haohmaru does his traditional power move which break swords, uncertain to how its going to work so far.
Zetsumei Killings from SS5 Special are also in the game as fatalities, uncertain to how its going to work so far, but they look beatifully animated.

Everyone is extremely excited for this game, myself included and all the Samurai shodown community here in my country, how you guys enjoy the game, i will keep updating this thread with everything i find out there.

I'm interested to see how snk approaches this, whether it'll be more like SS2, a combo of previous games, or something totally new.

d3v

SRK
I'm interested to see how snk approaches this, whether it'll be more like SS2, a combo of previous games, or something totally new.
I was about to reply, then I realized that it'd just be you and me talking again, just like in the thread on Shoryuken.

I was about to reply, then I realized that it'd just be you and me talking again, just like in the thread on Shoryuken.
Haha yeah I was gonna say. But you never know maybe the discussion will be different here with other folks involved.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
All i want is Rasetsumaru and Yoshitora .... and maybe some epic:

DLC

- BAOH
- MUSASHI MIYAMOTO
- KENSHIN RIMURA
- JUBEI KIBAGAMA

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Whats your take in this?
I expect gameplay wise to be like SS2, the other gimmicks they added post SS2 didn't really worked well with the game though.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I may try out this game, I also admit i like how it has blood. Doesn't have to be as much as MK but still, love me some blood in fighters! There's a new trailer? Nice. I'll have to check it out.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
damn, this cell shade art style fits awesome in this game ! Samurai Shodown always was a badass fighting game franchise, this game will be fucking amazing ! :D

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Mained Ukyo, he is already confirmed. Waiting for Gen-An and Nicotine reveals..

Killusion

Stream addict
What are the best/most iconic games in this series? Always wanted to play around for a while, just didn't know what or which games are actually fun.

I hope they keep the music style the same as early SamSho games. I don't know exactly what to call the SamSho style of music, with the Japanese flutes, drums, string instruments, etc. Whatever it is, it's fucking amazing and I want it in this game.

Going to buy regardless though.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
I hope they keep the music style the same as early SamSho games. I don't know exactly what to call the SamSho style of music, with the Japanese flutes, drums, string instruments, etc. Whatever it is, it's fucking amazing and I want it in this game.

Going to buy regardless though.
Asian folk music in general maybe.. I love that culture.

kevkopdx

Noob
Dare I say I'm more hyped for this game than MK11? It looks really good! I used to love this game back in the arcade days :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The original director from SS1 and SS2 Yasuchi Adachi is involved holy shit, it seems this game its going to be legendary, definitely buying after buying MK11