What's new

Guide - Nimble All *Fully Optimized* Nimble Combos and Setups + Underused Strings Overview

=) ?

• =)

Votes: 26 96.3%
  • =(

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Really nice dude! Nimble is such a fun variation.

Yo dude, after watching your and DatProStunner's Nimble I fell in love with this variation and picked it up. Wondering do you have YT channel or Stream? Would love to watch if you stream.
This is one of the variations that people pick up just from watching it. It's so cool

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
i just have to mention . I rarely use meter in nimble for basilisk in combos. Most of the time i go for f41 basilisk or 14 basilisk as ender. Someone posted meterless basilisk setups a while ago and imo that´s the way to go.
Hmm. The meterless corner setups are very unsafe. Unless you're talking about the mid screen ones. Though, you get much better reward out of using meter. I'm going to add some mid screen meter less setups! ;)

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Hmm. The meterless corner setups are very unsafe. Unless you're talking about the mid screen ones. Though, you get much better reward out of using meter. I'm going to add some mid screen meter less setups! ;)
pretty dope vid.

There are safe meter less corner setups with decent damage.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
So, I wanted to make this before the new patch comes out! I checked the combo lists and guides and couldn't find a full optimal combo guide and situational strategy. I thought I'd make this then :D
@OFIDYAN made an awesome video guide for all variations, and I'd check that out before viewing this. I try to go more situational strategy rather than general (If that makes any sense), which OFIDYAN did. Again, check his out first!

Now, let's get started shall we? :D

Notable Moves And How To "Use Them Wisely"
-These are the useful moves you should use during the match. I'm not going to name every move. Some are already in other guides and using them is just common sense.

1. Floating Ball (DD+Block)
This stops the force ball for about 3-4 seconds. This is great for setups, but you will mainly be using this to catch jumpers, if the moving force ball won't hit while moving. It is worth the bar of meter imo.

2. Swamp Slam (F21 1+3)
Swamp Slam is great in the neutral. Using it after back-dashing is a very good tool. (Mainly used after the block claw swipe and you dash back). This is an underrated tool in the neutral. A little thanks to @Genocide512 for showing me this nice tool. I use it much more now. It is -11 on block so you can hit confirm into claw swipe ;)

3. Hybrid Krush (21)
21 is a very underused stagger string. Sure, it is a high, but using it is necessary. You're plus two after it so you do have more freedom rather than using F41 for staggering. If you expect your opponent to poke, using this would not be recommended. It does give you a nice advantage after hitting it :)

4. Gut Crunch (D4)
Easily one of the most over looked pokes in the game. Yes, its start up is 12, but it is a great "check" poke, leaving you neutral on block. The range is not the best, but it is decent. Most times I will move back after putting one out, and follow it up with a F21(?). This catches the opponent off guard, but abusing it will get you punished.

5. Scaly Serpent (F3 B4)
This is rarely used. It is a low starter that catches back dashes, so it is very useful on a nice read. It is fairly punishable (-12 on block), but does a whopping 18% damage. Many of characters cannot punish it, let alone know the frame data for the string lol.

Optimal NIMBLE Combos List.
Midscreen

100% Corner Carry Combo (Corner to Corner)
F412~DD3ex BF4 F4~Dash F4~Dash F4~Dash F4~Slide F4~Slide F412~Slide (43%)

If the one above is too hard, try this alternative: F412~DD3ex, Slide (x6) F412~Slide
If you switch sides after the first Dash, basically emulate the B1D4 optimal combo below :D

Regular BnB
B1D4~DF3, Deep NJP, DD3ex F4~Dash F4~Dash F4~Dash F4~Slide F4~Dash F4~Slide F412~Slide (44%)
If the one above is too hard, try this alternative: B1D4~DF3, Deep NJP, DD3ex F41, F41, F41, F41~Slide F412~Slide

*Middle* of The Stage to Corner
F412~DD3ex, Slide, F4~Dash F4~Slide F4~Slide F41~DF3, D2, F412~Slide (43%)

Optimal NIMBLE Combos List.
Corner

F412~DD3ex F4~Spit F4~Spit F41 F41~DF3, D2, F412~Slide

50% Corner Setup
(End Corner Combo In F41~DD3 for the setup)
B2, 4~Spit, 4~Spit, F41~DF3, D2, F412~Slide (50%)

Setups and Swag!

(End Combo in F412~DB3ex) - CORNER TO CORNER 55% SETUP
F41 Or B3~Dash, DD3ex F4~Dash F4~Dash F4~Dash F4~Slide F4~Slide F4~DF3, D2, F412~BF4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

52% Combo Setup With Stopped Forceball!
After Stopping FB:(F41/B3)~Dash DD3ex F4~Dash F4~Dash F4~Dash F4~Slide F4~Dash F4~Slide F41~Slide

Ok! That's basically it! I have some little bonus videos though. These mainly aren't going to be used online though. If you have anything to add, feel free to do so, and I will add it. Thanks! :D

@Milkman
@Shade667
@Syzoth
@xXFiercePlayXx
@THTB
@flappysamyhamy
@SoS Zulu
@Other Reptiles
Already mentioned others above ;)
What the my fuck is very ninja?! Much wow. #nerftile

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
nice video my friend!I think reptile will stay untouched from the nerf hammer,no reason to touch him!#buff reptile!
Thanks! Yeah, no reason to buff or nerf him. He is very balanced. He does have his weaknesses for sure

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Thanks! Yeah, no reason to buff or nerf him. He is very balanced. He does have his weaknesses for sure
I'll take your word for it. I used to main Pyro Tanya and very rarely lost even a single round to him, but that was a year ago. Way he's looking now, he's solid.

Reactions: D7X

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I'll take your word for it. I used to main Pyro Tanya and very rarely lost even a single round to him, but that was a year ago. Way he's looking now, he's solid.
Yeah he was buffed. You used to not be able to input a special move after b1d4

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Really nice dude! Nimble is such a fun variation.

Yo dude, after watching your and DatProStunner's Nimble I fell in love with this variation and picked it up. Wondering do you have YT channel or Stream? Would love to watch if you stream.
Thanks man and no I don't but ill try and get some matches recorded some time soon.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Such as? And I try to make my combos able to be hit consistently online. Most of the more optimal ones really are not necessary
Well you get like 3% more damage and it's really not much harder. And the f412 starter

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I actually believe nimble to be his worst variation but easily the most fun
Definitely not his worst. I say it's his second best. Nimble has the most meaty damage and retarded good meter build. Risky variation but you get great reward out of it

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Definitely not his worst. I say it's his second best. Nimble has the most meaty damage and (soap bar in my mouth) good meter build. Risky variation but you get great reward out of it
I don't think so. Ive mained this variation since day one when everyone thought it was his worst. I always used to say this was his best variation but there really aren't any practical uses for nimbe outside of mb nimble ender. If someone doesn't know the mu, nimble will definitely seem like the best variation and it will blow them up, but from personal experience and seeing my openers learn the mu, it all then just turns to gimmicks.

Ending into f41 nimble gets blown up by most wakeups as long as they don't tech roll. Using mb nimble on a block string is a gimmick since at best you are -7. you cannot hit confirm b1d4 into fast force ball and any competent player will punish you every single time.
The only advantage I see for this variation that beats the other two is his punish potential since he can get 47% one meter from anywhere on screen.
Again that is just my opinion.

Its definitely the funnest though

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I don't think so. Ive mained this variation since day one when everyone thought it was his worst. I always used to say this was his best variation but there really aren't any practical uses for nimbe outside of mb nimble ender. If someone doesn't know the mu, nimble will definitely seem like the best variation and it will blow them up, but from personal experience and seeing my openers learn the mu, it all then just turns to gimmicks.

Ending into f41 nimble gets blown up by most wakeups as long as they don't tech roll. Using mb nimble on a block string is a gimmick since at best you are -7. you cannot hit confirm b1d4 into fast force ball and any competent player will punish you every single time.
The only advantage I see for this variation that beats the other two is his punish potential since he can get 47% one meter from anywhere on screen.

The meterless mid screen setups are safe, and in the corner with a lot of characters you can armor break. F412 hit confirming is also key with Nimble!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

Nimble is almost impossible to actually utilize in neutral in most matchups, but when it's active, it's something. Noxious adds absolutely nothing to Reptile and doesn't make any matchup easier. Both are simply outclassed by Deceptive, either way. Nimble could get away with getting 10 frames taken off activation of normal slowdown. Noxious kinda needs an overhaul.

Reactions: D7X

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Nimble is almost impossible to actually utilize in neutral in most matchups, but when it's active, it's something. Noxious adds absolutely nothing to Reptile and doesn't make any matchup easier. Both are simply outclassed by Deceptive, either way. Nimble could get away with getting 10 frames taken off activation of normal slowdown. Noxious kinda needs an overhaul.
Yea I agree. At leeeasstt with noxious the accumulated chip damage is nice over time as well as the no comeback factor. Imo they're both just as good I guess. I honestly still might give the edge to noxious.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
The meterless mid screen setups are safe, and in the corner with a lot of characters you can armor break. F412 hit confirming is also key with Nimble!
I can hit confirm if the f4 hits but its really hard to hit confirm with the 2.