What's new

Guide - Nimble All *Fully Optimized* Nimble Combos and Setups + Underused Strings Overview

=) ?

• =)

Votes: 26 96.3%
  • =(

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Would you all like to see a Deceptive / Noxious guide like this? :) I still have things to edit here! I don't know if they would be necessary, because most if not all is covered in guides for optimal shit. Please let me know and I'll do it!

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I'm glad to see reptile forums up again. I have a few unreleased noxious combos and nimble tricks i haven't uploaded yet. tomorrow will be my first day off in a while so i might just put them together for you guys.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I'm glad to see reptile forums up again. I have a few unreleased noxious combos and nimble tricks i haven't uploaded yet. tomorrow will be my first day off in a while so i might just put them together for you guys.
Awesome! I look forward to seeing them and leaving feedback! By tricks do you mean setups/situational strategy?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Awesome! I look forward to seeing them and leaving feedback! By tricks do you mean setups/situational strategy?
yeah and actual combos. Like meterless mid combo noxious activation, its pretty but not the most practical.

and i don't mean 34

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
S4~EX Basilisk is safe on block. Yeah it's a high, but the majority are respectful of his OHs so getting them to block high isn't an issue.
s4 noxious is relatively safe as well, -10 on block with pushback, very hard to punish. Imo i need to see more reptiles utilizing s4 and s3 on block, it jails from a jump in and leaves you in some quirky situations.

Ardet

Noob
I dont know what are you guys talkin about Nimble not being strong variation. Meterless setups (f41-Basilik) can be done versus alot of characters and be safe. It can be stoped with specials like slides, Jax' dashpunch and Johny' kick etc. But then you can f41-exBasilik and they must respect your next move. If they tech roll and do special you can jump over/neutral duck and punnish their recovery frames. Then when you condition them you can go for oki. B34 breaks most armor. F4-slide breaks all armors and is hard to block cuz ppl tend to block overhead of f41. You can do b2. Every combo in Basilik leads to dmg over 30%. So if you count setup which leads to 23%. You got yourself dmg close to 60% with one bar (if u manage to open them up). And also you can end every combo in Basilik with force ball instead of slide to give yourself more pressure and perhaps 50/50 situation again. You can activate exBasilik after b34 on hit and after every slide on the end of combo and still manage to avoid wakeup. Tho you have to known MUs really good to play Nimble at highest level.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
You have to be a fundamentally strong reptile to use nimble at the highest level. I think what they are trying to say is that nimble isn't this powerful tool that will make a reptile overwhelming if they aren't good with reptile already. Deceptive can give you a hand full of gimmicks that can trick people.

I personally prefer nimble at the highest level of play, the more my opponent knows about reptile and how to block him, the better it is for me.

If you can play reptiles core kit well, nimble is his best variation for punishes, it can turn the tides quickly in a match.

Ardet

Noob
You have to be a fundamentally strong reptile to use nimble at the highest level. I think what they are trying to say is that nimble isn't this powerful tool that will make a reptile overwhelming if they aren't good with reptile already. Deceptive can give you a hand full of gimmicks that can trick people.

I personally prefer nimble at the highest level of play, the more my opponent knows about reptile and how to block him, the better it is for me.

If you can play reptiles core kit well, nimble is his best variation for punishes, it can turn the tides quickly in a match.
I totally agree.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I dont know what are you guys talkin about Nimble not being strong variation. Meterless setups (f41-Basilik) can be done versus alot of characters and be safe. It can be stoped with specials like slides, Jax' dashpunch and Johny' kick etc. But then you can f41-exBasilik and they must respect your next move. If they tech roll and do special you can jump over/neutral duck and punnish their recovery frames. Then when you condition them you can go for oki. B34 breaks most armor. F4-slide breaks all armors and is hard to block cuz ppl tend to block overhead of f41. You can do b2. Every combo in Basilik leads to dmg over 30%. So if you count setup which leads to 23%. You got yourself dmg close to 60% with one bar (if u manage to open them up). And also you can end every combo in Basilik with force ball instead of slide to give yourself more pressure and perhaps 50/50 situation again. You can activate exBasilik after b34 on hit and after every slide on the end of combo and still manage to avoid wakeup. Tho you have to known MUs really good to play Nimble at highest level.
Only one person said it was the weakest :p

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
You guys know that in nimble you can f41 into slowball and it will connect right? Also b3 into slow ball as well. So you can mix them up like: f41 slowball and if the block you are super plus

This is day one nimble stuff but I don't think I've seen people talk about it

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I edited some of these for post patch friendly. Also edited things that were not fully optimized. Thanks! =)