What's new

All Fatal blows against Jax's Fatal Blow

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
We should make a Fatal Blow tier list based on these factors:

• Hitbox strength(how much area it covers)
  • Hitbox immunity (disjointed hitbox)
  • Strength of armor(can it be broke through)
  • Startup frames
  • Range of FB
  • Ability to counter breakaway
  • Damage in combo(does it connect to normals?)
  • Ease of use(effectiveness in neutral)
  • Type of attack(high/mid/overhead)

Right off the bat we can easily say the following are the best in the game:

Erron Black (unreactable full screen)
Jax(11f unreactable near full screen)
Geras(unreactable)
Kabal(comes from behind)
Cetrion(tracks)
Noob (tracks)
Frost(full screen, fast, huge hitbox)

Some of the worst FB's are: they have limited uses compared to the best ones:

Kotal
Baraka
D'Vorah
Shang (25f startup, Short Range but combos)
Cassie (Reactable 32f startup, But Combos on ground with a few strings, decent damage)

Disclaimer I have really compared them enough so I may be wrong on some. It would be cool if someone analyzed them and compared them making a FB Tier List

Few things to consider. As good as Erron Black FB is, because of the very fast start up and the range, his FB doesnt scale well, and if you do armor, its even worst. The damage is just not high.
Liu Kang FB damage for example doesnt get any lower if it done in combo. It does almost full damage, and if you learn how to land it, this to me its the highest advtanage of a FB.
I mean if its easy to land, if the range is good, can you land it on combo, and when at the begining and or at the end of a combo and how the damage scale.

Liu Kang FB is easy to land, because its have really fast start up, his range is great, and he can do it early on combo and also at the end of the combo, and he can do 650 damage with his FB if done in the end of the combo.
Yeah Erron Black is easy to land, because of the start up and the range, but others have better FB, on the other factors i mention.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Kabal’s is borderline unreactable, at least online. It’s a 21-frame startup, but if you press block after you see/hear its activation, there’s only a small chance you’ll actually block it.

I played a Kabal earlier who wasted it, so of course he just zoned until it came back. I was full screen, neutral crouching his zoning since I had the life lead. I heard the audio queue that his FB had returned so I pressed block...and it was still too late. He of course used it as soon as he heard the queue and managed to hit me before block came out. That shit is legit cancer. At least it’s punishable on block.

Trevor

Noob
We should make a Fatal Blow tier list based on these factors:

• Hitbox strength(how much area it covers)
  • Hitbox immunity (disjointed hitbox)
  • Strength of armor(can it be broke through)
  • Startup frames
  • Range of FB
  • Ability to counter breakaway
  • Damage in combo(does it connect to normals?)
  • Ease of use(effectiveness in neutral)
  • Type of attack(high/mid/overhead)
Right off the bat we can easily say the following are the best in the game:

Erron Black (unreactable full screen)
Jax(11f unreactable near full screen)
Geras(unreactable)
Kabal(comes from behind)
Cetrion(tracks)
Noob (tracks)
Frost(full screen, fast, huge hitbox)

Some of the worst FB's are: they have limited uses compared to the best ones:

Kotal
Baraka
D'Vorah
Shang (25f startup, Short Range but combos)
Cassie (Reactable 32f startup, But Combos on ground with a few strings, decent damage)

Disclaimer I have really compared them enough so I may be wrong on some. It would be cool if someone analyzed them and compared them making a FB Tier List
The worst one hands down is Kano's unfortunately. You can react to it even when you are about to get hit and you still beat it with most FB's.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
The worst one hands down is Kano's unfortunately. You can react to it even when you are about to get hit and you still beat it with most FB's.
How much damage can you get with Full Skulls and dies it combo from his starters? But I can see it being bad since kano really has no options when his stuff is OS guardable.