What's new

All 29 characters visualized. Which characters do you want to main? Which ones do you want to try?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Not including Kronika in mine because I thought it was said she isn't playable?

Potential Mains:
Cassie Cage
Jade
Noob Saibot
Raiden
Shang Tsung
Sub Zero (sigh)

Definitely trying out:
Erron Black
Cetrion
Shao Kahn
Johnny Cage
Skarlet
Kotal Kahn
Mileena

Maybe one day, like a year in, if I get bored:
Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Geras
Kitana
Baraka
Jaxson Briggs
Jacqui Briggs
Kollector

Never gonna touch: (Sorry just don't like these guys as characters)
Kabal
Sonya Blade (mk11 version, sorry, not a fan of rousey or her VA skills)
Scorpion
Kano
Frost
D'Vorah
Shinnok

Last edited:

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
so, for starter... I don't count Mileena, Shinnok, Shang Tsung as I don't really believe this leak now. Also leave out my boy Rain.

Hyped as freaking hell:

Jade, Erron Black, Kollector, Frost, Noob

Hyped:

Kabal, Cetrion, Scorpion, Shao Kahn, D'Vorah, Geras, Skarlet, Kotal Kahn

OK, why not?:

Sub-Zero, Baraka, Raiden, Kano, Cassie, Johnny, Kitana, Liu Kang

Not my taste, should sit this game out:

Kung Lao, Sonya, Jacqui, Jax

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Main:
1. Mileena
2. Jade
3. Rain
(My 3 mains in MK9 along with Sheeva and Sindel)

Will try out almost everyone to see who I click with, but will definitely try:
1. Kabal
2. Cetrion
3. Noob
4. Frost
5. Baraka

The rest I'm not interested in and will probably not even give them a go, based on visual appeal/find them boring:
1. Johnny
2. Sonya
3. Scorpion
4. Jax
5. Shao Kahn

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.

If we can trust the leaks, then Mileena, Shang Tsung and Shinnok are unlockable characters. If we can trust the 29 base roster leak there is one unknown character missing. I personally see that spot going to Kronika. I just think that the times of unplayable boss characters in NRS games are over (rightfully so).

Which characters do you want to main?
Which characters do you want to at least try out?

Characters I want to main:

1. Noob Saibot
2. Kabal (Rain over Kabal, if Rain is the fourth unlockable character (wishful thinking) over Kronika.)

Characters I want to try out:

1. Raiden
2. Mileena
3. Erron Black (depending on his playstyle and his outfits)
ALL OF THEM!

But to start, Kano, Baraka, Shang Tsung, Sub-Zero, and Kotal Kahn.

methademic

UPR Methademic
Was loving Skarlet in the stress test, looking forward to Kano Frost and Noob, really hope Rain is snuck in somewhere as well

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Not including Kronika in mine because I thought it was said she isn't playable?

Potential Mains:
Cassie Cage
Jade
Noob Saibot
Raiden
Shang Tsung
Sub Zero (sigh)

Definitely trying out:
Erron Black
Cetrion
Shao Kahn
Johnny Cage
Skarlet
Kotal Kahn
Mileena

Maybe one day, like a year in, if I get bored:
Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Geras
Jax
Kitana
Baraka
Jaxson Briggs
Jacqui Briggs
Kollector

Never gonna touch: (Sorry just don't like these guys as characters)
Kabal
Scorpion
Kano
Frost
D'Vorah
Shinnok
You forgot moma Blade.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Who?? :DOGE

lol, nah I did forget her. But she's in the never gonna touch list. I can't stand her voice in this game.

Now, if it was MKX style sonya voice, I would (and did).
Really? I like it. I like her playstyle, or what I've seen of it. I'll definitely try her.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Really? I like it. I like her playstyle, or what I've seen of it. I'll definitely try her.
Like as a voice, it's whatever, it's normal just like other people.

The problem lies in how unskilled she is in voice acting. Like it just sounds terrible when bantering with other characters in intros or in story mode scenes. It's too jarring of a difference. It's kinda like if they hired some dude walking down the street to voice scorpion and he'd never heard scorpion say get over here before and recorded the voice of "get over here" by just speaking it like he was talking in a normal conversation... like not making it deep, angry, and no inflections anywhere.

Idk, probably doesn't help that I don't care for rousey in general either. lol

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Like as a voice, it's whatever, it's normal just like other people.

The problem lies in how unskilled she is in voice acting. Like it just sounds terrible when bantering with other characters in intros or in story mode scenes. It's too jarring of a difference. It's kinda like if they hired some dude walking down the street to voice scorpion and he'd never heard scorpion say get over here before and recorded the voice of "get over here" by just speaking it like he was talking in a normal conversation... like not making it deep, angry, and no inflections anywhere.

Idk, probably doesn't help that I don't care for rousey in general either. lol
I do think some stuff she says feels stiff, but some of her lines aren't that great either. I like her interactions with Cassie and Johnny though from what we've seen in the intros. I think Ronda is good when she gets rilled up and puts some emotion behind it. Angry Sonya is good Sonya. XD

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Instant main: Sub Zero.
Wishful instant main: Fujin.

Want to try out: Frost.
Want to fuck around: The rest.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
1st Johnny Cage of course
2nd Liu Kang
3rd normally sub zero but after the stress test I tend more to play scorpion. He was insanely fun.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Kano is the most appealing character by far. He has so many options and apparently good damage output and offense. Hes also been my main in every game.

From characters I've seen, Sub Zero looks pretty solid too. Hes one of the more modular characters I've seen and he looks like theres a lot of possibilities. I'm also wanting to check out Kabal and Johnny Cage. They looked a little too simplistic in their kasts but I wanna try them out myself.

From the unrevealed characters, my interest is on Kotal Kahn, Jax, and Liu Kang

Dabluprint4

eh....
I want to try Kitana first.. I want to see how different she is..

Then D'Vorah, Jade, Jacqui and Cetrion(her pic looks interesting lol)

Skedar70

Noob
I'm waiting to see trailers for the coming characters to actually decide if I'm even going to buy the game. Wanna see the Kollector, Kitana, Shao Khan and frost if they hook me up then maybe I get the game if not then I'm probably gonna retire for the moment from fighting games.