What's new

Video/Tutorial - Alien Alien videos - combos/gameplay/tech

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Damn. I was hoping for notations in the video. I cant be in practice mode too long right now. Quickly what are they? :(

Edit: Nope nevermind. Plans cancelled. Ill be here sorry

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Here's a quick FT3 set between my Acidic Alien and a Ronin Takeda. I know I missed some punishes and missed some armor opportunities, but let me know what y'all think.

Starts at 21:33, mute if you don't want to listen to the music.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Here's a quick FT3 set between my Acidic Alien and a Ronin Takeda. I know I missed some punishes and missed some armor opportunities, but let me know what y'all think.

Starts at 21:33, mute if you don't want to listen to the music.

I watched it all, not bad! I liked the f134 confirms
Deciding to drop some damage in combos for the sake of consistency, skipping the b11u4 filler midscreen is questionable but that might be a good idea in this moment, since the character is pretty new.
Also, you never went for the restand midscreen into guaranteed 50/50 using ex crawl, that could have been useful sometimes.

SkyratiK

The game session is no longer available.
Any of you guys interested in either online practice or a mirror match to train? I find myself dropping my setups during matches, could use some practice.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
To be honest, I really don't like doing 2 reps of B11U4 midscreen. Depending on the characters size, linking the final 23 Acid Spray can be tricky, and I prefer the added corner carry of B11U4, F134 acid spray. Acidic's zoning isn't the greatest due to the decent amount of startup of acid spray, and Ronin's Blade Kall was hitting me out of most attempts to get anything going.

I agree I should use the acid puddle restand more, though I think it's a better option when you have an extra meter stocked in order to be able to launch into a full combo off the 50/50.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Any of you guys interested in either online practice or a mirror match to train? I find myself dropping my setups during matches, could use some practice.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Yeah I'll play you. I use Tarkatan though . I mean I can play all 3 but my main is Tarkatan atm

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Have you guys tried the block breaker combos?

I found some of them. I dunno if someone already found them. Anyways, I'm posting the names of those block breakers.

Mutilating Humans
Zeta II
Lucky Star

Very useful to break their block before going for a combo. These block breakers can be used only if your opponent is standing.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
It was indeed a good match, but Foxy has the upper advantage, because of the low fireball. If it happens, you should do the air acidic spit. If he jumps towards you, try the upper tailing acid spit (U3 - Simultaneously, press UP + 3) to prevent him for jumping towards you.

You also need to consider the juggling on him and prevent him from moving around. You also need to do the air tail whip, which works against the ducky defended opponents.

If I remember well, Foxy is one of the world strongest players in MK.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
@Asodimazze
good match,

you lost because you where not utilizing strong punishes when foxy was yolo rolling when he didn't need to and because you kept putting yourself negative at every opening allowing him to convert off of almost every encounter.

first off when you knock mileena to the ground, dont hover over grave and mash F134 mileena can low profile most moves with her wakup roll as she did many times in that set.

the other prblem besides making yourself vulnerable was when foxy messed up and over rolled on you or did unsafe low sai's you mashed then left it off. you didn't follow up and finish your punishes, and when you did you didn't utilize the max damage and oki setup Alien has off of many combos.

regardless, good games and hope that helps.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
@Asodimazze
good match,

you lost because you where not utilizing strong punishes when foxy was yolo rolling when he didn't need to and because you kept putting yourself negative at every opening allowing him to convert off of almost every encounter.

first off when you knock mileena to the ground, dont hover over grave and mash F134 mileena can low profile most moves with her wakup roll as she did many times in that set.

the other prblem besides making yourself vulnerable was when foxy messed up and over rolled on you or did unsafe low sai's you mashed then left it off. you didn't follow up and finish your punishes, and when you did you didn't utilize the max damage and oki setup Alien has off of many combos.

regardless, good games and hope that helps.
Interesting, what better punishes should I have done exactly? What are the oki setups you are talking about?

Thanks for the help

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Interesting, what better punishes should I have done exactly? What are the oki setups you are talking about?

Thanks for the help
can't remember when it was on the vid, but there was a couple times you started to punish, and you did well, but after 2 hits you froze, we all do it under pressure. (to fix this i go in lab with a lab partner and replay those instances and work on punishes until its muscle memory)

you could have done 3rd hit into roll and continued to at least 30+% all the way up to 40% and possibly got him to waist his much needed meter for multiple OS mixups.

sai and may enders leave them floating for you to gap close up to them before they are capable of waking. but thats up to you if you wan't the damage or the oki.