What's new

Tech - Acidic Alien can use Acid Blood twice in a combo

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Lol, how can someone disagree with +1 being more devastating than a knockdown or a restand with a good amount of plus frames.

Oh yeah, because anything said about Alien besides "omg he broke", is horrible. That person is downplaying even if they aren't.
Erm, the higher you hit acid restand the more + he is. Just like Cassie Cage pre Patch Nutpunch.

Sonicfox was telling people it was somewhere around the +11 mark or so when hit high up.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
If you do this combo or try to do these combo's you will be more then plus 1.
It will take a while before he gets to the ground.
he cannot reversal his way out of this.
Erm, the higher you hit acid restand the more + he is. Just like Cassie Cage pre Patch Nutpunch.

Sonicfox was telling people it was somewhere around the +11 mark or so when hit high up.
From what was shown in the video in the OP, I think he's talking about the 2nd restand, which was done so low that it legit doesn't really give any hit advantage. You might aswell just go for hard knockdown into oki.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
To be fair the post blood throw is far from guaranteed. Since the last patch, you're now +1 after it on hit in the corner. At about 20% or so, the risk/reward is actually not in Alien's favor.

It's not different than doing two corner combos in a row with whoever and acting like it's insane. It's a guess, if you duck the throw you'll get a full combo.

Like, Alien is insane but this isn't why. We shouldn't need Pig to make a video to explain every little thing.
lol, we grab people all of the time out of -5 staggers, please. It's more about the options of the character has after the restand or stagger.

Tweedy

Noob
Why am I getting all kinds of notifications from this thread.

Acid Blood is +1 in the corner. Me shining light on that does not mean that i'm downplaying Alien. No matter how many times you post, it doesn't make acid blood more plus in the corner. I'm sorry.

Tweedy

Noob
You can't change the point of my post to be correct. That's not how the lands of logic work.

I'm comparing Alien's +1 restand to any other character getting a combo in the corner. I'm not comparing Alien's +1 restand to staggers. I mean what the.

Of course if you think in your head that Alien is as plus as Kano is after Kano ball, it's going to be the most devastating thing in the game. When talking about what is too strong we can't factor in "well catchuup and his homies didn't know that you can poke out of the mix ups, so nerf it", we have to take into account what optimized play in the situation actually is. Alien hasn't been around since release, so confusion is understandable.

There's an aura surrounding Alien that gets people super butthurt. I was talking to someone yesterday and they were going on and on about how Alien is so easy to use. I told him that basically, Alien is not any easier to use than 90% of the cast. He said something like "DUDE SO ARE YOU SAYING THAT ALIEN'S JUMP TWO IS FINE BRO WTF", when I literally never brought up his jump 2, and do in fact think that it's busted.

Any time you ever mention Alien in a positive light, you have to be a biased downplayer. That's kind of the situation i'm in. I only say truth about Alien and I've stated that I think that he's pretty busted, yet people will assume that by not upplaying him, i'm downplaying.

We can't sit here and act like being +1 is more devastating than any other result, when a character gets a full combo, with meter used in most cases, in the corner. Alien sacrifices frames for DoT. He doesn't have both, like some people seem to think.

Tweedy

Noob
errrr meh gerddddd tweedy foxy jumped out vs sonic which is the worst thing that you can do if its plus 1 so it cant be plus 1 fuck you and your downplay

No, i'm afraid it's still plus 1. Someone not playing the match up correctly, no matter how good they are, does not change fact.

Tweedy

Noob
What about plus are you failing to understand? In fighting games, being plus is the very definition of safety.

@Tweedy
This is another problem that i'm having.

I'm comparing Alien's corner combos and the result of them, to other characters. Since i'm right in saying that +1 is less significant that a hard knockdown, you pretend that i'm somehow saying that Alien is unsafe, or something. When you change what i'm saying, you have something to argue. Of course, I get it.

Can someone recheck the acid restand frame data? Is it more plus on hit like pre patch nut punch?
In the corner it's +1. I don't know if you guys think i'm lying, you can test it. Jeez.

If you land acid blood from max range, with a combo like F134 xx EX krawl, F23 xx acid blood, it's actually plus enough to guarantee a few things.

Please blow me up if i'm wrong. I'm not, though. I've even tested it for myself, i'm not just taking the frame data's word for it. Acid Blood was much more plus at Final Round, before the patch or hotfix, or whatever, that nerfed the shit out of Triborg. Maybe that is causing confusion.

Tweedy

Noob
The problem with TYM is that everyone is for what they play, and out for what they lose against.

On TYM Mileena's roll can be stopped easily with highs.

On TYM Alien's frame data is better than it is.

If you argue this, the argument will be changed to make you look wrong.

Agenda lords.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
This is another problem that i'm having.

I'm comparing Alien's corner combos and the result of them, to other characters. Since i'm right in saying that +1 is less significant that a hard knockdown, you pretend that i'm somehow saying that Alien is unsafe, or something. When you change what i'm saying, you have something to argue. Of course, I get it.

In the corner it's +1. I don't know if you guys think i'm lying, you can test it. Jeez.

If you land acid blood from max range, with a combo like F134 xx EX krawl, F23 xx acid blood, it's actually plus enough to guarantee a few things.

Please blow me up if i'm wrong. I'm not, though. I've even tested it for myself, i'm not just taking the frame data's word for it. Acid Blood was much more plus at Final Round, before the patch or hotfix, or whatever, that nerfed the shit out of Triborg. Maybe that is causing confusion.
If he got a hard knockdown on block, that would really be something - especially since it already gets block damage over time. Its plus on block. You wanting more doesn't further your argument. It just shows how ridiculously unreasonable your thought process is.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
The problem with TYM is that everyone is for what they play, and out for what they lose against.

On TYM Mileena's roll can be stopped easily with highs.

On TYM Alien's frame data is better than it is.

If you argue this, the argument will be changed to make you look wrong.

Agenda lords.
Pot. Kettle.

Plus means safe. People complain that low minus things aren't punishable. Unless someone has a move that starts up a frame ago, +1 means safe.

shura30

Shura
blood has other odd properties too
minus on block but for some reasons I can't reversal cassie flip after f134 AB

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Every goddamn Alien thread. Alien can be half of top 8 and the winning character and Tweedy still continues his downplaying crusade.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
If he got a hard knockdown on block, that would really be something - especially since it already gets block damage over time. Its plus on block. You wanting more doesn't further your argument. It just shows how ridiculously unreasonable your thought process is.
Isn't he trying to say plus on HIT?