What's new

Air Throw Kombos?

DrFreezegood

Chaosrealm Ambassador
Ive been Theorycrafting some kombos with Scorpion's air throw as an ender, it has a Krushing Blow right?

An example, with DF1 Fireball and Sin Blade NJP, unsure if it will work:

Opener, DF1 MB, NJP, 4, DB3 MB, Jump in 1, Air throw

Im gonna experiment with this tomorrow morning, when I can get on again.

In the live version the throw option only krushing blows if it hits outside of a combo by itself.
Right now the damage is subpar to other enders, but it leaves Scorpion right next to the opponent with frame advantage I believe, now if Scorpion had any meaningful overhead mixups, this would be pretty good. Guess you gotta settle for short hop in a low health scenario then.

Haha I haven’t even gotten the move to hit at all yet. I’m finding keeping them in the air long enough to hit it very difficult.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Its possible to end with air throw if you just jump (no attack) after an Amp Hellport and do it. But that ender really feels weak :/

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
What is really stupid is the command... It should at the very least be UP + Throw, not frigging DOWN... you're JUMPING so why the hell DOWN?!
the air grab command was the same since MKX to my memory. It kindof makes sense because most of them involve grabbing your opponent out of the air and slamming them down.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
the air grab command was the same since MKX to my memory. It kindof makes sense because most of them involve grabbing your opponent out of the air and slamming them down.
Yeah but what's wrong with simply allowing us to press Throw on its own in the air? Why add an unnecessary direction?

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
Yeah but what's wrong with simply allowing us to press Throw on its own in the air? Why add an unnecessary direction?
This is a very minute detail to complain next to the fact that the air throw is legitimately completely useless.
It doesn't link in combos at all and it is a very very slow air to air option.

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
So what other combo ender do you have as Reborn that leads to okizeme?
Yes, yes I do. But I just said I haven't been able to even get the air throw into combos, at least not without sacrificing 100+ damage (which is precious damage if you're going to spend 1 of your 2 bars on a combo)
*Edit: Who uses the full word okizeme? lol

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
*Edit: Who uses the full word okizeme? lol
You're lucky I don't take offense to this as not everyone talks fighting game terms solely in English. When you borrow a word from another language, at least have some fucking respect for those who talk in the original language.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
The airthrow needs some more utility. If it had better startup it would be useful. Make it like the OG classic MK airthrows. Right now it’s pointless to air to air with it when you can just anti air and get much more damage. Also if the startup was much quicker it could be used as a JK (ji3/ji4) airthrow ender, again, like the classic MK’s.

Tbh I think a cool way to balance this variation would be to get rid of airthrow and add Misery Blade. The reason this would balance out is because both the TP cancel and Misery Blade cancels would use defensive meter (because Misery Blade got nerfed and the cancels now cost defensive meter). Meaning both could only be used sparingly. And would give Reborn an actually useful second variation move. I mean I’d rather have a Misery Blade+Demon Dash variation but I think this would be more balanced because MB and TP cancel would use the same resource.

You're lucky I don't take offense to this as not everyone talks fighting game terms solely in English. When you borrow a word from another language, at least have some fucking respect for those who talk in the original language.
You need to relax. You’re not even making any sense.

The airthrow needs some more utility. If it had better startup it would be useful. Make it like the OG classic MK airthrows. Right now it’s pointless to air to air with it when you can just anti air and get much more damage. Also if the startup was much quicker it could be used as a JK (ji3/ji4) airthrow ender, again, like the classic MK’s.

Tbh I think a cool way to balance this variation would be to get rid of airthrow and add Misery Blade. The reason this would balance out is because both the TP cancel and Misery Blade cancels would use defensive meter (because Misery Blade got nerfed and the cancels now cost defensive meter). Meaning both could only be used sparingly. And would give Reborn an actually useful second variation move. I mean I’d rather have a Misery Blade+Demon Dash variation but I think this would be more balanced because MB and TP cancel would use the same resource.

Lol tele cancel + misery blade variation.

Do you need another complain thread and vein cut?:)

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
He's saying nobody uses the full word. Sure, only if you're speaking in English... don't auto assume everyone speaks English. It just came across as extremely rude, especially when talking about a borrowed word from another language.