What's new

Air escape punishes

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Hi fellow Batman players, today I would like to know what are your optimal punishes for air escapes and your ways of preventong the opponent from getting an easy air escape.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Yea I've been trying to work on some too. Unfortunately I keep experienting in mid game rather than practice. I'm pretty sure we can set the dummy to air flip.
On that note I've been wondering if there are any combo alterations that put us in a position to reset the after their escape.
I've actually caught a flash twice with grapple after his air escape.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Air bata mb seems like a nice option, deep jump in 2 works wonders; you can mb f3/b3 just like anyone else(if they are air-esc.'ing your f3/b3's mid-combo).

Anyone with other ideas?

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Air bata mb seems like a nice option, deep jump in 2 works wonders; you can mb f3/b3 just like anyone else(if they are air-esc.'ing your f3/b3's mid-combo).

Anyone with other ideas?
Just forgot that you can punish ANY air escape with trait bats, the punish should give you enough hitstun in order to start your second combo!

Some obvious facts:Don't even try air escapes in the corner, like NEVER.
90% of the time they complete it anyway
10% of the time you get wrecked by the recovery frame train into another express combo FOR EXTENDED DAMAGE.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
I would think you can't roll out against batman period when he has bats out. If you open them up with a juggle and they air tech out, just release your bats on reaction to punish them.

The bats should track them down and hit them again in their recovery frames. This is what I was thinking about the other day and it makes batman seem like the only character you can't air tech against. Once again, further solidifying the character in the top tier ranks imo.

Last edited:

Jugghead

Noob
I would think you can't roll out against batman period when he has bats out. If you open them up with a juggle and they air tech out, just release your bats on reaction to punish them.

The bats should track them down and hit them again in their recovery frames. This is what I was thinking about the other day and it makes batman seem like the only character you can't air tech against. Once again, further solidifying the character in the top tier ranks imo.
I don't often have bats mid combo as I typically use them to get in and start a combo. I haven't tested this, but I know bats can often miss when the opponent is in the air (Batmain problems, I know), so you might have to time it so they hit when the opponent lands.

I get air teched a lot after 123. I'd like to find a way to punish the air tech while not jeopardizing my combo.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
I don't often have bats mid combo as I typically use them to get in and start a combo. I haven't tested this, but I know bats can often miss when the opponent is in the air (Batmain problems, I know), so you might have to time it so they hit when the opponent lands.

I get air teched a lot after 123. I'd like to find a way to punish the air tech while not jeopardizing my combo.
The good thing about air tech is that they still have a decent amount of recovery frames once they land so you should be able to wait while theyre landing to release the bats, but I'm assuming it depends on how close you are to the opponent.

Not a batman player, but I would think it's a viable option. Again, it's just another example of how bats are the most versatile move in the game and they win in literally every scenario.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
So here's a link I found for 123:

123.. b2 db2mb (be quick on trigger now), f3 b23

It messes up where they are meant to air escape which could help you out

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
So here's a link I found for 123:

123.. b2 db2mb (be quick on trigger now), f3 b23

It messes up where they are meant to air escape which could help you out
However, far escapes still escapes most combos unless you are right in their face.
Ofc there is always the grapple hard read but it will never normally link in any normal combo.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
But here is one thing, air esc will always cost them 2 bars and pushblock will cost one.So maybe we can try to delay our jump-in as much as possible in order to see any air escs away(if there is an escape, we do an empty jump into another jump) and jump into more pressure, extorting three bars from the poor guy

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
New find:if your opponent only does far air escapes(the only logical one against batman's fast stubby normals), you can go for a f2 stagger after your empty jump.