What's new

Air Breakaway inconsistencies

Lets preface this with obviously I'm a scrub and need to get good, now that's out of the way, has anyone else noticed inconsistencies with Air Breakaway? Its become clear you can't do it any point in a combo as the command D+R2 (PS4) doesn't register unless it's at the supposed correct time/frame however, there is no mention of this in the move data. So then, what's the missing link? Do I need to be at the apex of the last connecting hit? Do I need a new controller? If anyone has some insight on this, that'd be great.

Cheers all.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
The only time I have trouble breaking away is when I get clipped by Raiden's thunder wave, just doesn't do it for some reason. At least that's the only one I have trouble with atm.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Lets preface this with obviously I'm a scrub and need to get good, now that's out of the way, has anyone else noticed inconsistencies with Air Breakaway? Its become clear you can't do it any point in a combo as the command D+R2 (PS4) doesn't register unless it's at the supposed correct time/frame however, there is no mention of this in the move data. So then, what's the missing link? Do I need to be at the apex of the last connecting hit? Do I need a new controller? If anyone has some insight on this, that'd be great.

Cheers all.
The best way to do it is according to training mode. You need to see your character falling down from a bounce. Say you get launched. When your character starts to fall then input D+R2 and you should fall out every time.

Wigy

There it is...
I found I was like repeatedly tapping down and r2 so wasn't coming out. Just changed to like properly holding the buttons down when I get juggled and get it every time. Sounds stupid and simple but just don't mash it.

I hate it sometimes when you get clipped by some launching overhead (jk or whatever) and instantly roll out cause you were crouch blocking

Yea I struggled with this for along time till i realized the inputs were d block and not stance change like getup rolls lol...oops, but like others said watch for you character to start the fall animation then you should be good but it's difficult to time against some strings. Sonya usually gets me and raiden thunderwave as well

freerf245

11 11 11 11
There is a timing to it you just have to get used to. But every once and a while I cant get it to come out and it can be pretty annoying.