What's new

Aint really **** going on in this thread anyway. Have a nice video from the legendary mistuownes

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Jade player here to laugh at your salty tears.
You still own me no effort.
Someone whiffs anything you can launch them with teleport for 1 bar.

Last edited:

mrapchem

Noob
An 11-frame mid for Scorpion would be very nice, but making F3 that mid would be OD. It already advances and has mad range: it doesn't need to be lightning-fast too. I wouldn't oppose his B1 being made 11 frames though, along with the other changes mentioned in the video.

His buff requests are reasonable:

D1 +12 on hit from +9
F34 to no longer has a gab
212 crashing blow damage to not scale
Grab crashing blow damage 31%

An 11-frame mid for Scorpion would be very nice, but making F3 that mid would be OD. It already advances and has mad range: it doesn't need to be lightning-fast too. I wouldn't oppose his B1 being made 11 frames though, along with the other changes mentioned in the video.
he said f3 just be the 11 framer over b1 because b1 actually has the better range and is a hit confirmable string

mrapchem

Noob
he said f3 just be the 11 framer over b1 because b1 actually has the better range and is a hit confirmable string
That's precisely my point: F3 already has good things going for it - it's a long-range, staggerable, highly-damaging combo-starting normal - so making it also be 11 frames is overkill. And B1 has less range than F3, so making it 11 frames instead of F3 while keeping all its other properties would help Scorpion without making him dumb.

That's precisely my point: F3 already has good things going for it - it's a long-range, staggerable, highly-damaging combo-starting normal - so making it also be 11 frames is overkill. And B1 has less range than F3, so making it 11 frames instead of F3 while keeping all its other properties would help Scorpion without making him dumb.
the f3 high damage only comes from the kb which is usable once per game, f32 in searing rage, and f3 by itself as a whiff punish or block punish. you're not just starting combos with f3 all the time by itself because it's barely hit confirmable. you make it 11 just to better it's neutral potential and offense potential. you can't be playing mk11 without a fast mid or some type of fuck neutral tool. used to be teleport i guess and look where that got us

mrapchem

Noob
the f3 high damage only comes from the kb which is usable once per game, f32 in searing rage, and f3 by itself as a whiff punish or block punish. you're not just starting combos with f3 all the time by itself because it's barely hit confirmable. you make it 11 just to better it's neutral potential and offense potential. you can't be playing mk11 without a fast mid or some type of fuck neutral tool. used to be teleport i guess and look where that got us
Your analysis is spot-on right here. A character's success in MK11 is largely dependent on them having some kind of fast, combo-starting mid. It would be very nice for Scorpion to get one as well so that he can be competitively viable in a tournament setting because as he currently stands, he barely cuts the mustard.

He definitely needs help, but what I don't want is for this honest character to be given stupid tools in the way that Johnny Cage was given. JC is a good character with serious flaws. Instead of fixing his issues, he was given a 9-frame mid projectile and a 9-frame reversal that can be made safe with meter. These additions have blinded people to his very real flaws (inconsistent hitboxes, non-existent KBs, no fast mids) and propelled him to the very top of current tier lists due to tournament victories.

This is why I believe that if Scorpion does get a fast mid, it should be his B1. B1 leads to a full combo, can be made safe and is hit-confirmable. However, it cannot be staggered without risk, so that stops him from being made silly.

Your analysis is spot-on right here. A character's success in MK11 is largely dependent on them having some kind of fast, combo-starting mid. It would be very nice for Scorpion to get one as well so that he can be competitively viable in a tournament setting because as he currently stands, he barely cuts the mustard.

He definitely needs help, but what I don't want is for this honest character to be given stupid tools in the way that Johnny Cage was given. JC is a good character with serious flaws. Instead of fixing his issues, he was given a 9-frame mid projectile and a 9-frame reversal that can be made safe with meter. These additions have blinded people to his very real flaws (inconsistent hitboxes, non-existent KBs, no fast mids) and propelled him to the very top of current tier lists due to tournament victories.

This is why I believe that if Scorpion does get a fast mid, it should be his B1. B1 leads to a full combo, can be made safe and is hit-confirmable. However, it cannot be staggered without risk, so that stops him from being made silly.
You're definitely saying nothing but facts. I'm not even looking for big crazy scorpion buffs. Just changes here and there some quality of life stuff. Can't tell what's going on at nrs since they don't talk about the game's development except for when it comes to dlc. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I haven't seriously played mk11 in months though

f34 would be great if it wasn't low profiled by so many d3s and was gapless so people can't just os flawless block while also ducking the throw.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It drives me nuts when people spell character names wrong when they're right there in game for you. Pronouncing their names incorrectly is a whole other level.

"jare-us"

The fuck.

Reminds me of my friend who says "mar-dook" and "cat-sooya" when he talks about Craig Marduk and Kazuya in Tekken. The announcer says their names. Just repeat what they say, it's not hard.

well I don't know where mitsuownes is from but he obviously doesn't have a regular american english dialect. i actually like it when he says, "my ting" or "ja-mean."

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
From my understanding, Scorpion is a whiff punisher, he does not excell in pressure. Thats the way he is built.

Scorpion's f3 is the best stagger in the game. Its -2f on block. You can throw, d1 or even continue the string. You cant expect to get countered off f3 all the time.

I agree with your issues with his KBs, especially his throw (i thought that was known regarding his dot dmg).

The change to the teleport was neccesary, because he could check everything the opponent was whiffing anywhere on the screen. The mix up of his tp was that he could cancel it in reborn var and there was nothing you could do about it. People were just standing there blocking cause they feared they would get hit. You had to respect it.

All in all, his d1 should be more plus on hit so he can jail into s1 or to be able to check his opponents with f3 more easily.

At this point of the game, no one can compare with Geras, LK, Jacqui, Cetrion etc.

From my understanding, Scorpion is a whiff punisher, he does not excell in pressure. Thats the way he is built.

Scorpion's f3 is the best stagger in the game. Its -2f on block. You can throw, d1 or even continue the string. You cant expect to get countered off f3 all the time.

I agree with your issues with his KBs, especially his throw (i thought that was known regarding his dot dmg).

The change to the teleport was neccesary, because he could check everything the opponent was whiffing anywhere on the screen. The mix up of his tp was that he could cancel it in reborn var and there was nothing you could do about it. People were just standing there blocking cause they feared they would get hit. You had to respect it.

All in all, his d1 should be more plus on hit so he can jail into s1 or to be able to check his opponents with f3 more easily.

At this point of the game, no one can compare with Geras, LK, Jacqui, Cetrion etc.
i understand that the design mindset they went with scorpion is that he is a footsies based character. they were pushing the agenda that mk11 would be a footsies based game so i wished they kept that same mindset with every character. i wouldn't say it's the best stagger in the game but it's really good as a stagger. leading into d1 from f3 doesn't help this footsies character though because then that would mean he's been given an opportunity to play up close. you get your d1/d3 you almost always have to go into 11 (-6 btw). at least online you can't go into 21 (+2 which would be good for enforcing pressure from your d1/d3 right?).